#81 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

Is anyone besides me looking forward to the Metal Gear Solid Demo?

Edited by Zok, 25 February 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#82 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Oh Em Gee, it's Zok. :o

And I'm totally looking forward to it, yes. 8D Only a few more hours. o3o

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#83 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

I AM!!!!
I can't wait for Solid Snake to be in 3D!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#84 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Sorry, another cranky week. T_T But it's OK! Today's early dismissal for me! :D
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#85 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

The MGS:SE 3D demo is awesome! I can't wait for the game to be released.

#86 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Am I the only one disappointed with the MGS:SE 3D demo, the controls were funky. I was expecting more since it was my first MGS game.

Edited by EternalDeadman, 17 February 2012 - 02:50 PM.

3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#87 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Am I the only one disappointed with The MGS:SE 3D demo, the controls were funky. I was expecting more since it was my first MGS game.

Eh, that's just how it plays. It'd be much better with a CPP though.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#88 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I enjoyed the demo, especially since I have the circle pad pro. I will try to pick the game up soon.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#89 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

Got the Metal Gear Solid demo. If I decide I like it, it will be another game I can use meh Circle Pad Pro with! :)

Edited by GameCube, 18 February 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#90 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

It's fun to play again and again. The guard's intelligent reactions are awesome.

#91 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Got Dillon's Rolling Western.

It's the priciest thing I've bought off the eShop, but it's been fun so far. Wonder if I can actually complete it before the weekend...

#92 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Got Dillon's Rolling Western.

It's the priciest thing I've bought off the eShop, but it's been fun so far. Wonder if I can actually complete it before the weekend...

What do you think of it? Would you recommend it? I'm not sure what to think about this game.

#93 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

I love it, but I think it is one of those games that not everybody will like.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#94 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I love it, but I think it is one of those games that not everybody will like.

Why? Is it more of a casual game or a hardcore game?

#95 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

What do you think of it? Would you recommend it? I'm not sure what to think about this game.

I still haven't finished it, which is saying something. But from what I've played, I really like this game.

It's much less portable than Pushmo, and much more expensive. (I believe it's around $9 on the NA eShop). I've read terrible impressions from left-handed users as well, though it's not unplayable for them - So if you are left-handed, the controls may be slightly annoying.

The gameplay has much more going to it then simply fighting rock monsters and building gun towers to defend a town. Each stage is separated into three days, which are further separated into day and night. During the day, you survey your area, explore ruins, dig up ores for building material and money, and look for food (which increases the town's "HP"). It's during night that you engage the rock monsters, who spawn from certain points on the map. Engaging them on the map, takes you to a battle arena of sorts, where you fight them off by rolling into them and clawing them. There's a combo system in place, and I believe maintaining a high combo increases your earnings.

Both day and night are temporary states, meaning that there is an invisible timer going on during those periods, so you have to do the most work possible to prepare yourself during the day.

Of course, there's a lot more to it. You sort of have RPG elements in place. Like you can later buy items which increase your offense, or items like bombs and freeze orbs to stops packs of monsters really quickly. Each stage has a different map too, so battles do vary as you progress. At later points, you reach rock monsters that can literally wreck you if you don't have certain items.

There's really a lot to do, and I feel this is amplified by the limited amount of time you're given to work in during each stage.

#96 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

I still haven't finished it, which is saying something. But from what I've played, I really like this game.

It's much less portable than Pushmo, and much more expensive. (I believe it's around $9 on the NA eShop). I've read terrible impressions from left-handed users as well, though it's not unplayable for them - So if you are left-handed, the controls may be slightly annoying.

The gameplay has much more going to it then simply fighting rock monsters and building gun towers to defend a town. Each stage is separated into three days, which are further separated into day and night. During the day, you survey your area, explore ruins, dig up ores for building material and money, and look for food (which increases the town's "HP"). It's during night that you engage the rock monsters, who spawn from certain points on the map. Engaging them on the map, takes you to a battle arena of sorts, where you fight them off by rolling into them and clawing them. There's a combo system in place, and I believe maintaining a high combo increases your earnings.

Both day and night are temporary states, meaning that there is an invisible timer going on during those periods, so you have to do the most work possible to prepare yourself during the day.

Of course, there's a lot more to it. You sort of have RPG elements in place. Like you can later buy items which increase your offense, or items like bombs and freeze orbs to stops packs of monsters really quickly. Each stage has a different map too, so battles do vary as you progress. At later points, you reach rock monsters that can literally wreck you if you don't have certain items.

There's really a lot to do, and I feel this is amplified by the limited amount of time you're given to work in during each stage.

So it's a pretty good game, just slightly expensive.

#97 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, most criticisms I've read state that the game is both expensive and bad for left-handed users, but I'm right-handed and I feel I got my money's worth.

#98 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, most criticisms I've read state that the game is both expensive and bad for left-handed users, but I'm right-handed and I feel I got my money's worth.

Hmm. Ok. Thanks. I guess I won't get it then. I was kind of on the fence, thanks for your comments.

#99 Aivant

Aivant

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

I can't wait for the KI: U demo, its gonna be great. I had Shantae's Risky Revenge on my dsi and it was pretty fun, I transferred it with all my other games but I haven't played it since...I'm kinda thinking if I should redownload it
Posted Image

#100 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Just wondering, why isn't this thread being updated?

Edited by EternalDeadman, 06 March 2012 - 02:40 PM.

3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!