I'm aware that there's already 3,942 threads about this, but I couldn't find any and figured that it would be nice to have a fresh start.
And considering how the others ended, I suppose I should add this disclosure:
This thread allows you to post either your wishes or expectations for the next home console. Everyone will have a different opinion, and NOBODY will be correct (unless they have insider knowledge). You may offer suggestions and feedback to others' wishes/expectations, but please try to refrain from arguing about others' choices that you strongly disagree with. Simply ignore them. Do not say that you're ignoring them. Do not put effort into making it clear to everyone that you are ignoring them. Just. Ignore. Them. Like when you're at a family reunion and your crazy uncle Wendell forgot to take his antiparanoia medication.
Now that I've gotten the disclosure out of the way, my expectation for the "Wii 3" is:
1. Based on the Wii U's chipset. Performance increase won't be drastic (around 50% more power), but it will include some minor changes based on new technology and bottlenecks Nintendo discovered while making games for the Wii U.
2. It will be able to play Wii 3, Wii U, AND Wii games. Wii games will become available in the eShop Virtual Console
3. It will have detachable faceplates which can be swapped out for themed ones (like a Smash bros version)
4. it will support a minimum of two GamePads
5: There will be a cheaper edition and a pro edition. the pro edition will have:
6: an internal 2.5" HDD
7. Gamecube controller ports (4 - an additional 4 can be added through the GCC adapter)
8: the basic edition will be $250 and the pro edition will be $300