• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Thats because the old publisher was Atari. The new publisher, WB games, has taken on a full force 'modern gamz marketing' stance and are putting more money into marketing than they allotted cd prijekt for development.

Is WB owns the game? I think cd projekt owns it, there is no trademark of wb in the witcher.

The thinks I dont like with the witcher, is based on a book and most of everything we do, is predefined!  But its advertised as an RPG... Its not role play, its a PRPG maybe... but not RPG.  (an action game with open world feeling and sidequests to do).

They dont give housing, hirelings, things to be and do (and things people want) because Witcher is lonely, hateful, everybody hates him.. lol  this is the answers we get...  But at least they give us moding tools.

And the story is wrongly made... Gerald is sterile because of his condition (Albinism) and his evolvement with magick, but even in reallity his kind is related with magick, but they are not steriles.  So, Gerald is actually sterile, but nothing related with his albinism or magick... lol

I will buy it, because I support games without DRMS, but I am more interested in cyberpunk, if its open world and freedom of choice.

Edited by Plutonas, 24 December 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

Jesus...i don't even get where all this witcher hype is coming from when you heard almost NOTHING about the first two.

You must have been living under a rock if you haven't heard about the first two. That said their lead platform was PC where most of the focus was so unless you're a big PC game player you probably wouldn't have heard much about them. I saw a half hour demo presentation for it back in August and it's definitely turning out to be an epic RPG. With the power of the PS4 and Xbox One it's also going to port over to consoles far better.

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

You must have been living under a rock if you haven't heard about the first two. That said their lead platform was PC where most of the focus was so unless you're a big PC game player you probably wouldn't have heard much about them. I saw a half hour demo presentation for it back in August and it's definitely turning out to be an epic RPG. With the power of the PS4 and Xbox One it's also going to port over to consoles far better.

I wish this pr BS from MS and Sony had any truth to it.

If the game remained PC only where it belonged, it would be even better looking. The game already suffered a downgrade at the hands of parity for the pathetic ms and sony 'high end' consoles.

Hell, if the game remained PC and with an actual game company publisher like Atari, it probably wouldnt be suffering from its pathetic console-esque design shortcomings right now either.

That pathetic combat.... Such a shame...

PC, needs to become PC only again. Shake off the Parasites...

Is WB owns the game? I think cd projekt owns it, there is no trademark of wb in the witcher.

Warner brothers is the NA publisher for Witcher 3, CD-Projekt is the developer.

When a Developer can not afford to publish a game themselves, ie they cant pay to print all the game discs, buy all the packaging, pay for all the trucks, boats, planes, and gas to send them to stores, buy the shelf space, etc: They hire a publisher, who pays for all of that in exchange for a few things.

1. The largest cut of the profits. Sometimes this can even turn into sneakily taking over the ip from under the develpers nose (See, EA all the time, every time)

2. Control over content. Now the develper has to show the publisher the game, and get their consent over every aspect, or the publisher wont pay the bills, this basically mean, the publisher gets to throw their two cents in on everything they dont know about game design. Typically this boils down to 'Make it more like that really popular game everyones copying right now'. Used to be 'Make it more like GTA'. Now its probably more something like 'Its open world right? Make it more like Ubirainbow'.

The biggest problem here, is that CD-projekt signed on MULTIPLE PUBLISHERS, for each region, so they have to answer to the demands of the following parties:

POL cdp.pl
PAL Bandai Namco Games[1]
CIS 1C Company
NA WB Games
JP Spike Chunsoft
SA Megarom Interactive

And the result is the beautiful looking, but blandy everythingish simplistic playing Witcher 3 'Wild Hunt'.

'Hunt' my butt.

God damn it.... Im going to have to buy dragons dogma a 3rd time... Soon as I can find Dark arisen for 360. Stupid breaking ps3...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!