• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Now i know this is highly speculitive but how amazing would it be if nintendo found a way to incorporate there once famed vitality sensor into the wii u controller(though famed for many different reasons). To implement it i thought maybe they could place the sensor where your hands are gripped that way it would be able to constantly monitor your heart rate as they and intended. This would really add a whole new dimension to the amount of interactivity to what the wiiu already offers.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

This was what I was thinking, if seems like a better ideal than it. Being an attachment.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

Do you think this could possibly increase the cost of the wii u significantly?

Edited by EternalDeadman, 26 January 2012 - 01:24 PM.

3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#4 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Do you think this could possibly increase the cost of the wii u significantly?

im not exactly sure how expensive the sensor is to even produce so its anyone's guess on how it could effect the wiiU if it actually is implemented

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well I dont think that it should increase the price too high and I think that it is probable. Nintendo always keeps stuff secret until the last minute!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#6 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

i never thought it could happen until the recent reveal that capcom knows the wii u has more features to offer then what was shown at e3 last year

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

I wonder how the vitality sensor can benefit video games that aren't in the fitness or horror genre?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

They've added NFC to the controller.

http://www.slashgear...wii-u-27210978/

#9 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

Meh, I don't think it's necessary. The Wii U controller is already unique enough.
Posted Image

#10 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

I wonder how the vitality sensor can benefit video games that aren't in the fitness or horror genre?

Racing- Imagine your playing need for speed your going 200+ mph and your adrenaline is going so the controller reacts to this and activates an in game feature like tunnel vision.

Shooters- a whole concept could be built around implementing this feature simple things such as making the music louder when your heart rate jumps its would make scripted games feel less scripted.

Any game could really use this feature and make it subtle but still noticible as well as adding to another part of the games experience. Though survival horror games like Re 6 and dead space would greatly benefit from this.

But imagine how much more better an remake of eternal darkness would be if they really could monitor your heart rate and tie it in with the sanity meter.

and with recent rumors pointing towards a revival of that series i would love to have this in the game.

Of course this would all be optional and could allow developers to create very interactive experience's(if they actually choose to use it)

Edited by Mr ECHO3, 27 January 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#11 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Racing- Imagine your playing need for speed your going 200+ mph and your adrenaline is going so the controller reacts to this and activates an in game feature like tunnel vision.

Shooters- a whole concept could be built around implementing this feature simple things such as making the music louder when your heart rate jumps its would make scripted games feel less scripted.

Any game could really use this feature and make it subtle but still noticible as well as adding to another part of the games experience. Though survival horror games like Re 6 and dead space would greatly benefit from this.

But imagine how much more better an remake of eternal darkness would be if they really could monitor your heart rate and tie it in with the sanity meter.

and with recent rumors pointing towards a revival of that series i would love to have this in the game.

Of course this would all be optional and could allow developers to create very interactive experience's(if they actually choose to use it)

And going along with the shooters, imagine having to calm your self down when using a sniper rifle for greater accuracy!

And you're right, any game can benefit from this. I imagine some game could use it to where the higher your pulse is, the blurrier the game gets.
Or how about a game like minecraft, the more scarred you are, mobs will spawn faster.
The possibilities are endless!
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

And going along with the shooters, imagine having to calm your self down when using a sniper rifle for greater accuracy!

And you're right, any game can benefit from this. I imagine some game could use it to where the higher your pulse is, the blurrier the game gets.
Or how about a game like minecraft, the more scarred you are, mobs will spawn faster.
The possibilities are endless!

yep the next left for dead for instance could intensify the game every time your pulse jumps and send different mobs or enemies on how fast your pulse is moving

i think you said it best the possibillities are endless and i for one be amazed if they managed to get this put in the controller

#13 o51enough

o51enough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

Meh, I don't think it's necessary. The Wii U controller is already unique enough.

Love your avatar and sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!