#1 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hey hey! So guys... what is the worst video game fanbase in your opinion?
( I couldn't make this a poll cause the list would be HUGE)

IMO, I think the SONIC
fanbase is the worst. (And i am part of it :D)
Fans: We want the old sonic! Bring him back!
Sega:*releases Sonic 4 Episode 1*

Fans: Its too close to the original! We want a true sequel to Sonic 3! Not a remake! And where is chubby sonic?
Sega:*Releases Sonic Generations*
Fans: Its too linear and short! And why the heck does Classic Sonic not have a voice!!!

here is another example:
*Announcement of Sonic in brawl*
Fans: YAY WII GOT ZONIC! NOW ADD TAILS/KNUCKLES/SHADOW/SILVER/AMY/BLAZE/DR.EGGMAN/VECTOR/CHARMY/ESPIO/METAL SONIC/ SILVER SONIC/MEPHILES/ ELISE/ MIGHTY/ RAY/ FANG/ THE WEIRD GUY FROM SECRET RINGS/ KING ARTHUR/ HARRY POTTER/ COSMO/BIG/ FROGGY/ CHAOS/ OMEGA/ GAMMA/ OMACHAO/ ROUGE/ CREAM/CHEESE/ EGGMAN NEGA/ JET/ WAVE/ STORM/ ORBOT/ CUBOT WITH THEIR SUPER FORMS AS FINAL SMASH!

here is another(the last example):

Sega:*releases sonic heroes*

Fans:*completes sonic heroes* WHAT THE HELL HAPPEN TO RYAN DUM...(forgot his family name)? LETS SHOW THAT CREEP THE REAL SUPAH POWAH OF TEEM WARK!?? WE WANT NEW VOICE ACTAH!
Sega:*changes voice actor*
Fans: AAAAAAAAAAAH! HIS VOICE IS SOO ANNOYING! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! WE WANT RYAN BACK!!!!
Sega:*changes voice actor*
Fans: WHAT HAPPENED TO SONIC'S VOICE?! SEGA YOU RUINED THE SERIES! WAAAAAA! I ALWAYS PREFERED *oLD SONIC VOICE ACTOR*. I GREW UP WITH HIM! BRING HIM BACK!

ok..... so what fanbase is the worst , IYO?
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#2 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Wow. I don't know what to say. How do you top that fan base? Maybe the Megaman fan base. They seem to complain a lot. I'm a megaman fan. They may have a reason to complain.

#3 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Well the Metroid fan base is pretty bad especially with Other M. But I dont know if I should place that above the CoD fanbase....

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#4 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

The Spyro fanbase (which I am part of): SPYRO'S SNOUT IS FLATTER! HE'S A BRIGHTER SHADE OF PURPLE! THIS GAME DOESN'T PLAY LIKE THE FIRST 3! SPARX IS SARCASTIC AND HAS ARMS! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Posted Image

#5 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'd say prob the cod fanbase or smash bros fanbase.We get it brawl wasn't competitive as melee but get over it.It was never intended to be a hardcore title
Posted Image

#6 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I feel sort of bad for Sonic, he really does seem to attract the craziest of people. You should have listed some of the seedier and darker depravity that a very special brand of Sonic fans delve into. Or mention some of their amazing ideas for characters that aren't just sonic Recolours (Srsly) and the like. Oh there so many things...

Oh but just to sum up the entirety of what's wrong with some of the sonic fanbase can be said in two words... Chris chan

Edited by Count GaroIymar, 12 February 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Pit, you summed up the Sonic fanbase perfectly. Seriously, nothing can top that.

I would have to say that the Pokemon fandom is pretty bad. There are a lot of people who are bashing on the newer generations. Well, I see it happen on youtube all the time. xD Some people just can't get over the fact that having the same 150 pokemon is eventually gonna get boring.

I feel bad for the yoshi fandom as well (which I am a part of). I mean, most of them moved onto to MLP fandom. We haven't had a game in forever. We really only had 5 games that featured Yoshi as the star. Well...only 2 games were actually long and story based....GIVE US MORE YOSHI PLEASE NINTENDO. ;.;

#8 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

The Megaman Fanbase(Which i am also a part of) is also bad.(And I am one of them, the bad fans lol, WTH is that Street Fighter X tekken Megaman?!!!)

The pokemon fanbase used to be perfect until now.i love the new gen.. but nostalgic dudes dont

Edited by Pit, 12 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

The Megaman fanbase is really pissed with the cancellation of two Megaman games and some of Capcom other games like Street Fighter and Resident Evil.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

It hurts me to say i'm a SmashBros fan and there aren't that many of me. We complained when Brawl was slowed down, but the general gaming community (everyone else) wanted Melee to be slower because it was too fast. So the devs chose the larger audience.... and we hate them for it...? Yeah we're a little off, but the worst...

The worst is starfox.
Fans:" Starfox Assult was a little... meh"
Devs: "Okay i get it, StarFox Assult wasn't really tuned and the single player was a little too similar.... we're gonna let someone else make one"
Fans: "WTF? Dinosaurs ? we want the other devs back, we want old starfox!"
Devs: "OKAY, we're gonna make a Starfox for DS"
Fans: **crickets**
Devs: "... uhh okay i guess we dont need to make another."
Fans: (few years later) "BUT WE WANT STARFOX ON WII"
Devs: "well, you didnt buy the last couple... we'll remake one for 3DS to test the waters and not spend all our money mmkay?
Fans: " FINALLY, we can play starfox, we've waited for a SF game for years!"
(game is released)
Devs: "WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!!, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE THERE? WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING THEM UP!?"
Fans: "well.... i was gonna but its just old Starfox...
Devs: "BUT.. BUT... AAARRRRGGGHHHHhGHRRGHR!!!!!"

(am i completely wrong on this, i admit strafox sell alright but, not as well as a beloved fandriven game should)

So Starfox needs to reach a new audience

Edited by SleepyGuyy, 12 February 2012 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

i would have to say the elder scrolls and cod fanbase. they are always picking fights if you state your opinion

PS- my gamertag is 360xxleetzxxnoxxzcopesxx420xxprostats lol XD jk lol

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 12 February 2012 - 01:43 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Megaman fans they are by far the worst and most annoying fanbase ever

It hurts me to say i'm a SmashBros fan and there aren't that many of me. We complained when Brawl was slowed down, but the general gaming community (everyone else) wanted Melee to be slower because it was too fast. So the devs chose the larger audience.... and we hate them for it...? Yeah we're a little off, but the worst...

The worst is starfox.
Fans:" Starfox Assult was a little... meh"
Devs: "Okay i get it, StarFox Assult wasn't really tuned and the single player was a little too similar.... we're gonna let someone else make one"
Fans: "WTF? Dinosaurs ? we want the other devs back, we want old starfox!"
Devs: "OKAY, we're gonna make a Starfox for DS"
Devs: "... uhh okay i guess we dont need to make another."
Fans: (few years later) "BUT WE WANT STARFOX ON WII"
Devs: "well, you didnt buy the last couple... we'll remake one for 3DS to test the waters and not spend all our money mmkay?
Fans: " FINALLY, we can play starfox, we've waited for a SF game for years!"
(game is released)
Devs: "WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!!, HOW MANY OF YOU ARE THERE? WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING THEM UP!?"
Fans: "well.... i was gonna but its just old Starfox...
Devs: "BUT.. BUT... AAARRRRGGGHHHHhGHRRGHR!!!!!"

(am i completely wrong on this, i admit strafox sell alright but, not as well as a beloved fandriven game should)

So Starfox needs to reach a new audience

yea i would have to disagree with that.

Starfox assault came out after adventures which is why most people hated it as adventures was way more superior in terms of gameplay and design and just about everything. The ds version actually did pretty well and was favored among most. Now on to the 3ds release there are two reason why it failed in the eyes of starfox fans and others. The fact that it was nothing but an remake of the old version, and also because most people didnt have that many 3ds's around the time of its release so of course sales were pretty low.

I also think people overestimate the amount of starfox fans as there arent that many installments compared to other nintendo series and even when they do make them there usually spread apart really far in release date's.

#13 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sony. Definitely without a doubt, Sony.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

POPULAR

The worst fan base goes to:
Posted Image

Seriously, you move it around, and that base just gets caught on everything. EVERYTHING!

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 04 January 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 massattacker

massattacker

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

clever but i think we are talking about a different fan base

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yea that fan sucks

#17 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yea that fan sucks

No, I'm pretty sure it blows.

Anyways, I have to say all Fanbases are the worst. Everyone sucks at different times for different reason. Metroid Fans on Other M, Pokemon Fans on B/W, Sony Fans defending over-priced memory, Nintendo fans defending the 3DS launch sales, CoD fans telling me MW is an entirely different game then MW2, etc.

Seriously, there is no one "Worst" fanbase. They all suck at different times. They be like Vaccum Cleaners.

Edited by Son of Ghetsis, 12 February 2012 - 04:48 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well I put it on reverse mode and it sucks.

#19 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

The worst fan base goes to:
Posted Image

Seriously, you move it around, and that base just gets caught on everything. EVERYTHING!

I lol'd so f****** hard at this comment, seriously auzzie, you are just way too awesome. xD
Posted Image

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Why thank you, thank you. I didn't try at all, really.

But to be more on topic, trying to decide what the worst video game fanbase is like trying to decide which government is the worst.

Most of them suck/blow all day long, and then there are the exceptional few which are just as bad but have some comedic value. In the world of politics, these are the asian governments that get into fights.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!