Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Here is what I think. F-Zero hasn't been booted since GX because Nintendo is trying flesh out some kind of storyline.

I hope they don't go over their heads and make some Hubworld gaming... That's my idea!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#22 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Here is what I think. F-Zero hasn't been booted since GX because Nintendo is trying flesh out some kind of storyline.

I hope they don't go over their heads and make some Hubworld gaming... That's my idea!

I reckon it would be an awesome idea for free-roam driving in F-Zero within a hubworld.
A story would be good also, but I wonder what they could make out for a game such as F-Zero.

Will Capt. Falcon be able to make his car move 60 km/h on regular roads?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#23 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

I don't see any reason why F-Zero requires a Story Mode. GX, my favorite F-Zero game, has one, but it certainly didn't need it. It merely added another frustrating set of challenges to the game.

What made F-Zero GX (and X) so good was that it managed to simulate speed like no other arcade racer. It didn't require any cheap gimmicks like items and rubberbanding, and it conrolled very well. Simply remaking GX would be good enough with me.

#24 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

I don't see any reason why F-Zero requires a Story Mode. GX, my favorite F-Zero game, has one, but it certainly didn't need it. It merely added another frustrating set of challenges to the game.

What made F-Zero GX (and X) so good was that it managed to simulate speed like no other arcade racer. It didn't require any cheap gimmicks like items and rubberbanding, and it conrolled very well. Simply remaking GX would be good enough with me.

As good as it is just being a racer solely based on skill alone, it does need some more gamplay features to make it more interesting.
Story mode in GX was frustratingly hard, but it provided a challenge like no other.
Vehicle customisation was awesome as well, but a more detailed one would be better.

I sure a totally new F-Zero game would be more satisfying than just a simple remake of GX.
One thing I never want to see in an F-Zero game though is items; that is best saved for Mario Kart, Nintendo's casual racing franchise.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#25 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

The HD of the WiiU will make mindblowing sci-fi's. Can't wait.

#26 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

As good as it is just being a racer solely based on skill alone, it does need some more gamplay features to make it more interesting.

As in... what?

Why exactly is F-Zero not as interesting as it could be?

Based on your posts, you believe extra modes like Story Mode are necessary to keep the game interesting, but I'm not convinced it really needs to be there. No one really played F-Zero for the Story Mode - We just wanted to race and compete times with each other. Story Mode could have very easily been transformed into its own cup, and I doubt any one would really care. I mean all we miss are a few cutscenes.

And yeah, I do hold F-Zero GX in very high regard, but I feel that to be very justified. I'm all good for a new F-Zero, but I hope it's much like GX and X before it, and not some freak experiment with attempts to be more interesting. Being conservative is not a problem in this case.

#27 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

All it really needs for the Wii U is a 30 player online mode with customisable vehicles (Speed, Weight etc) on top of what was in GX (<3 that game).

Maybe a track maker as well.

#28 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

All it really needs for the Wii U is a 30 player online mode with customisable vehicles (Speed, Weight etc) on top of what was in GX (<3 that game).

I think 30 is too much maybe 20. 30 is a very long wait.

#29 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

As in... what?

Why exactly is F-Zero not as interesting as it could be?

When it comes to the whole 'innovation' or 'new ideas' side, I'm pretty hopeless. It just feels like F-Zero needs some refining in it's gameplay mechanics so it would fit with today's standards. I'm guessing this is just me as I've played many racers since GX and I cannot help but compare.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#30 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

For me what will make it good is have the vehicles take damage and make the game have smarter more difficult AI. Don't know if damage will work on a F-Zero game, will it? Maybe a Cockpit camera.

LordPickleton.png

#31 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Exactly how I feel. The gameplay is already top-notch to me.

For me what will make it good is have the vehicles take damage and make the game have smarter more difficult AI. Don't know if damage will work on a F-Zero game, will it? Maybe a Cockpit camera.

I can tell you haven't played GX haha~

You can attack other vehicles and destroy them, and of course crashing into the gaudrails also leads to loss of energy. Story Mode AI is designed to beat you, while Master Class Grand Prix does very well too (with only slight chances of mishaps due to physics).

With Communities, I think it'd be pretty cool. Just take a random bunch, and allow a minute or two for others to join in before the races start.

Edited by Lain, 05 March 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#32 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Subjective opinon

There is no credibility here, the feature doesn't affect any other part of the game.
Don't play it then, leave it for people who like it.

That doesn't mean 30 is minimum.

Edited by Stewox, 07 March 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

Yes I'm interested in playing it, but I just have two small problems with it. First is in cockpit mode which doesn't show the racers hands on the steering wheel and second it is another professional racing game where there isn't much of a challenge to winning the races. I'm still going to get it since they keep saying the game looks gorgeous, also to see how different the Wii U version will be. Hope your car can get flat tires like in Dirt 3.

the game has just gone into in junior build. so its not finished. you carn't judge a game when its not done. and in the junior build they have actually got hands.nothing in the game is finished yet, although its quite close to being
"another professional racing game where there isn't much of a challenge" maybe if you have it on a easy setting :wacko:. allthough the cpu's can be a bit dumb when you overtake them. but i would think the game would be accurate to real life since its a sim and not just a racing game. I also hope you can drive backwards and crash into oncoming traffic

​anyway, i want f zero, so i can play it when i get bored of realistic racing games.

i'm thinking more like 50

Edited by stephen, 07 March 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#34 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

I've said it before, but F-Zero is the PERFECT game for the Wii U and I personally believe there's no way Nintendo can get away without making it. I feel like the reason for them not making a Wii version was simply because there wasn't much that could be done on the Wii to improve the GX formula. Graphics couldn't be improved in any significant way, gameplay with the Wiimote could have been awkward, and they probably didn't have enough new ideas to make it worthwhile. But now with the Wii U, we have not only the first Nintendo HD system, but the first next gen system, and with an all-new controller too. The possibilities are absolutely immense, Nintendo simply HAVE to make this game!

Personally I hope they bring Sega and Namco back in to help make it, like with GX.

Posted Image

#35 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Subjective opinon

There is no credibility here, the feature doesn't affect any other part of the game.
Don't play it then, leave it for people who like it.

Do tell what Story Mode added to GX that wasn't already there.

Edited by Lain, 07 March 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#36 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Fzero is a pure racing game... with a little bit of Doubletap-R/L ramming fun. It needs to stay pure. If the next installment does as good , if not better, a job with the speed. If they get the controls down precisly. If it has a relativly good selection of modes (i'd like to see more than two) than it's worht a new installment. I hope it happens
Posted Image

#37 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

I'd be fine with Grand Prix, Death Race, Vs., and Time Attack.

Then the other stuff can be Replay Mode and Customization, having track and vehicle editors available.

One thing I loved about GX was viewing Character Profiles because it functioned as sort of a pseudo-Sound Test Mode. Literally half the entire game's soundtrack was there. I wouldn't mind that again if the music is as good or better.

#38 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Super Customization in the next Fzero would be cool.

#39 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

Grand Theft F-Zero

Imagine falcon punching a police officer and then jumping into his vehicle at 2000 miles per hour while they chase you down
Posted Image

#40 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

Grand Theft F-Zero

Imagine falcon punching a police officer and then jumping into his vehicle at 2000 miles per hour while they chase you down

No, Just no.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!