Photo

RUMOR: A Dead Space game, Timesplitters 4, and Overstrike coming to Wii U.

Timesplitters 4 Dead Space Overstrike Electronic Arts Crytek Viscreal Games Insomniac games

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

http://game0n.net/20...imesplitters-4/

Another rumor for the Wii U today. Apparently Viscreal games are working on a Wii U Dead Space game that will also appear on other consoles, but it will not be shown on this E3. Also Insomniac games (creators of Ratchet and Clank and Resistance on Playstation) have Wii U dev kits and are working on bringing Overstrike to Wii U.Also Crytek will be bringing timesplitters 4 on Wii U and is said to recieve an announcement on this E3. Now they have also been word of about 150--200 games in development on Wii U from many game developers as well and Nintendo plan to talk about the numerous collaborations they have with other game devs. Also it is said when the Wii U first two dev kits were given out nintendo at that time were just trying to make it easy fro devs to port ps3/xbox 360 games on it. This was because they had no true idea on how powerful to make the system and it would be a lot easier for devs to get weaker dev kits first and later build up to stronger dev kits instead of the other way around. One last thing is that the Frostbite 2 is running on the 5th and 6th versions of the dev kit with greater performance than on the PS3 and 360.

Now remember you guys should take all of this with a grain of salt?

Personally I see a lot of this being possible but we have to wait and see.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Damn that is a LOT of games. It would fit it with Nintendo's ideology to want to work with 3rd party developers now though.

Timesplitters 4 for Wii U? YES PLEASE!

Nintendo's strategy with the power of dev kits make sense. Hopefully the developers take advantage of them to the fullest.

As for the Frostbite 2 engine running better on the Wii U in comparison to the Xbox 360 and PS3, that was no surprise. :P
It confirms that the console is stronger than the other two.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Gosh, I hope this is true. I definetly think Overstryke and Dead Space will come to Wii U due EA loving the system. And Timesplitters 4 makes sense since Crytek is supposedly showing CryEngine 3 on Wii U at GDC. Nintendo wans't kidding when they said stronger third party support.

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

TimeSplitters 4? Definitely. Free Radical gave the Gamecube their games in a time when almost no one was supporting Nintendo, and back when TS4 was rumoured for current gen consoles there was a rumour it was even going to be on the Wii. So I'd say if TS4 is being made, then it's coming to Wii U.

OverStrike is probably a possibility, I dunno but it seems like Insomniac and Nintendo would be a really good fit.

As for Dead Space, well, it's an EA game so I think it's likely as well. :)

Posted Image

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

150--200 games, i genuinely wouldnt be surprised, it fits in with all rumours and confirmed info so far on the wii u and 3rd parties
Posted Image

#6 Tekno

Tekno

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft, MMO's, Paper Mario,

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

I spend the days in my bed, wondering: what will become of the Wii U? I want this thing sooooooo badly.
Posted Image

#7 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

third party games on a Nintendo System...what is this madness
Posted Image

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

third party games on a Nintendo System...what is this madness

its third parties waking up to realise the business they've missed in the passed generations
Posted Image

#9 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

at this point i dont know what to believe.... im going to wait until E3 and here it from nintendo themselves. one week its a console on par with current gen next week its next gen and 5-6 times powerful than xbox 360. one week not many third party supporters next week 150 games in development.

#10 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

If it's true, It's cool that they got a lot of Hardcore games coming out, but I think my mom will hate Dead Space...
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Timesplitters 4, Dead Space, Overstrike, Electronic Arts, Crytek, Viscreal Games, Insomniac games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!