49 replies to this topic

#1 The Last Mellon

The Last Mellon

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

http://www.ripten.co...-cost-u-299-99/

The latest news in the ongoing saga of Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U is a new rumor that the console will be available for a price of $299.99 U.S. Dollars in North America, 299 Euros in Europe, and 20,000 Yen in Japan. Interestingly enough, the latter price comes out to just under $250 U.S. Dollars– $246.49, to be exact.
This rumor comes from Wii U Daily (via My Nintendo News) through an unnamed source, albeit the same one which had previously provided the same site with another rumor regarding the system’s specifications. It is said this is Nintendo’s way of “pricing aggressively” against the competing Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms, which can be had for around $200-$300 USD each, as well as the expected announcements of impending successors to their respective thrones.

Around what I thought the pricing was going to be. This is good news as it is competavly priced with both ps3 and xbox 360.
Posted Image

#2 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

This is one rumor I hope is true.
Posted Image

#3 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Very ideal..Considering that u r getting a console,a controller and a game that nintendo always packs in to show the system's capabilities.Sounds like the sweet spot.Plus I highly doubt that controller is that expensive since it most of it is being runned by the console and the only expensive thing on it would be the touch screen
Posted Image

#4 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Please make this happen, please make this happen.
I think now already, the Wii U is worth like 350 euros, and not all features are announced yet. I mean, it can only get better, right?

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

$300-$400 are okay $500+ I will think hard about that.

LordPickleton.png

#6 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

I don't think Nintendo will go 400+. Not after the Sony story, and especially the 3DS story.

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

then is not going to compete the next gen consoles! Only the controller cost 100... I mean the rumors about 2x is more logical to that price tag.. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Orion, 02 March 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#8 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

The controller may be expensive, but an average Wii-controller is 50 euros too. (Which is about 1/5th of the console's original price) If the Wii U does 400 it'll be 1/4th which still is an epic console.

#9 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

maybe not that accurate, as David Turnbull said in the wii u blog, it is unlikely that the wii u will be priced less in Japan. but 299 seams to be a pretty reasonable estimate for the wii u, i was expecting it to be a bit more.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

i used to think this is bad because "its too cheap" but now i realise, the third party support has already been commited to, so its pretty much guaranteed for the next gen, and high tech isnt that expensive anymore, and the competition wont focus on high tech either, and remember, this is nintendo, they rarely overprice, and they said they wanted to start as cheap as possible, so they dont have to do a price cut. so in the end, 300 would be awesome!! but 350 would be great too
Posted Image

#11 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

If 350 means better I'm all for it.

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

well if the rumors about power7 4 core cpu, 4850 or less or higher gpu with 800 spu's ++, 2 gigs or 1gig of ram and a very expensive controller, this price is not logical! Thats why I said that.

In my perspective, I never buy something from the first day. I wait up to 1-2 months before I proceed because of babyflues. This consoles use pc hardware and pc hardware especially the last few years, its buggy. For example most of LGA2011 mobos take on fire, also broken lga2011 cpus and thats an example... Also remember what happened with 360 and ps3? I was one of this victims.. lol
Beyond that, my buy or not this console, depends the EULA and UI of the console (origin or not origin).. I dont want origin.. thats me..

does anybody learned yet, how many SPU's wii U gpu got? From this info we will be able to speculate the graphic power of wii U.. or its classified?

Edited by Orion, 02 March 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#13 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'm going to pre-order. It can't be bad. It's almost impossible if you look to the things they announced on the e3.

#14 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

well if the rumors about power7 4 core cpu, 4850 or less or higher gpu with 800 spu's ++, 2 gigs or 1gig of ram and a very expensive controller, this price is not logical! Thats why I said that.

In my perspective, I never buy something from the first day. I wait up to 1-2 months before I proceed because of babyflues. This consoles use pc hardware and pc hardware especially the last few years, its buggy. For example most of LGA2011 mobos take on fire, also broken lga2011 cpus and thats an example... Also remember what happened with 360 and ps3? I was one of this victims.. lol
Beyond that, my buy or not this console, depends the EULA and UI of the console (origin or not origin).. I dont want origin.. thats me..

does anybody learned yet, how many SPU's wii U gpu got? From this info we will be able to speculate the graphic power of wii U.. or its classified?

i dont expect the wii u to have 2 or evan 1 gb of ram. the ps3 has 512mb or something.
i am thinking more in the 350 price range for the wii u at the moment.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

yes but this price is extremely near the ps3 price tag.. I mean ps3 cost us 250-320 (400 in some stores!!) and I speak about euros. Xbox360 costs 150 euros. So if that's true, I will not expect it to be a next gen killer or competitor.. Well fingers crossed, as we dont know yet, what the other consoles will be like..

I was expecting it to be, about 400-450 to be honest as a next gen console..

Edited by Orion, 02 March 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm expecting around $350-$400 to be honest. (In U.S Dollars)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Um... someone (Tron) already made this topic before and then it got merged with price disscussion. It will probably happen again...

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#18 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

yep anything under 400 is cool with me.

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

Nintendo did mention numerous times that they would not make the same release decisions they did with the 3DS.
Pricing was one of them, so it should be safe to say that Nintendo would not 'overprice' the Wii U.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Yes! I called it!

And $299 is actually affordable.