• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

You forget Nintendo will do a price cut and sell at a loss to please its fans...

Are you honestly being serious ? Because thats just terribly unrealistic lol . The 3ds had that "problem" where it launched at the wrong time and it was a little too expensive. But im sure nintendo isnt some ignorant company who will lie to thier fans . They learned there lesson . The wii u will probably be priced at a good price with future proof hardware. Trust nintendo they know what their doing. Ue4 will be coming on it im sure, considering some say epic games made the bird demo last year at e3 .

Signature_Fox.png

#22 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

The article is true but not like people think. Here is a link to explain a lot of what's going on with the wii u.

http://www.nintendoe...next-gen-wii-u/

Please remember that is not the only engine that the industry have. People lose sight of what other games use in terms of engines.

Edited by Tre, 11 March 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#23 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

Honestly, I expected this from the start. Nintendo is making a next gen, they choose high end GPU and CPU (when they started developing the hardware, the GPU was high end) and they also choose the one card that would be the basis for future cards. Nintendo has been changing the dev kits like crazy according to developer sources, which only means they are still developing the technology to evolve it to where they need it. They don't need the most powerful console, they just need to be able to easily run the next gen engines and it looks like they are doing that, even if this specific rumor isn't true.

I mean, we know for a fact they choose an amazing CPU. They will do what is needed with their GPU. I have complete faith in AMD/ATi they have always been good.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#24 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

Yeah pretty much the whole drama about it is because of the public basically lack of understanding

UE4 on WiiU is nothing surprising and i don't see any way of it not being coded for it.

What we hear is SPEC bumps because Epic is pressuring nintendo - UE4 might be running on there for a while.

The question is how good it's going to look compared ... and that's what i worry - the biggest factor is RAM and that's what im saying everwhere(tech forums, gaf, here, beyond3d), for so many months now i worry JUST about the RAM, everything else is fine.

These noobs need to tone down their subjective views and cool down a bit, and it all comes from GAF as hurdles of kids aslo jabble about, it's clear how little do they understand while saying that, GAF is fun sometimes for the sake of justified and deserved hype(nintendo gifs), but then you have those weird individuals that just spoil the whole page where sometimes i just want to stop reading the whole thing because all they talk for 10 pages is some basless worthless children speculation, i love speculation, a constructive and tech based on known facts, researched material and information, taking acount the whole history and experience, and this is what many gaf people lack, obviously if it weren't for those few people that actually understand things and post megathreads gaf wouldn't be what it is - heard about bgassassin, doesn't really care about those kids, who usually have thousands of posts and sometimes get away with it because their post counter is above 10000, and he understands this very well but he won't stick into posting all the time, we come and go, we don't live in the forums, when wiiu thing is over, you won't see him posting much ... until necessary, and that's what i want do to on gaf , but i still didn't got accepted.

These people seem to always bring up the same stupid ideas and they don't learn anything while years posting on the site. Sad.

The fact im going at is the context misinterpretation because of their lack of how things work. It's not the engine that requires the specs, it's the demo, the code doesn't require much and WiiU will be running it no problem, the fact is how much of that GFX and advanced features could be applied on it, and it doesn't have to run Samartian demo, but it will have UE4. And people say samartian is not UE4, but that still doesn't make it impossible.

Obviously the inexperienced children post stuff like this, gamers who only play games don't really know a lot, you have to research the industry, know the hardware and all other stuff. it takes many months or even a few years to get experience just being a gamer using the internet to get info. The fact why it takes long to learn something at first is the actual experience with PCs, noobs who don't learn in 5 years nothing more than opening iexplore.exe won't learn anything significant to even pursue the technology industry to even get interest into researching stuff, staying noobs forever, some people know something but do nothing to get more educated, which is the grand rule of they think they know all it is to it - then you get these weird and unfounded, loosely based and just wrong perdictions - that applies to anyone that doubts UE4 on WiiU - we don't even need confirmation , it's obvious it's going to happen. And yes, everything is a prediction here, the question is how much percentage it has, in this case it's 99% , dealing with perdictions it's never 100% until official,

Edited by Stewox, 12 March 2012 - 07:22 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Are you honestly being serious ? Because thats just terribly unrealistic lol . The 3ds had that "problem" where it launched at the wrong time and it was a little too expensive. But im sure nintendo isnt some ignorant company who will lie to thier fans . They learned there lesson . The wii u will probably be priced at a good price with future proof hardware. Trust nintendo they know what their doing. Ue4 will be coming on it im sure, considering some say epic games made the bird demo last year at e3 .

Trust Nintendo??? Where the hell did I say I DONT trust them?
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#26 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Honestly, I expected this from the start. Nintendo is making a next gen, they choose high end GPU and CPU (when they started developing the hardware, the GPU was high end) and they also choose the one card that would be the basis for future cards. Nintendo has been changing the dev kits like crazy according to developer sources, which only means they are still developing the technology to evolve it to where they need it. They don't need the most powerful console, they just need to be able to easily run the next gen engines and it looks like they are doing that, even if this specific rumor isn't true.

I mean, we know for a fact they choose an amazing CPU. They will do what is needed with their GPU. I have complete faith in AMD/ATi they have always been good.

Not a high end gpu.. correct that, its 4 years tech gpu.. or 3 if they jumb into 5xx series and I hope so!! because 5xxx series was superb! If its 4xxx series and not 4850 or 4870, but 4830 instead.. then... well... its a better gpu than the other consoles... But never forget that we speak about the gpu processor, not the overall card.. as its modified. I would love to see wii U with kepler 660ti in sli mode without modifications, thats high end! :)

I remember 5870 gpu was capable for 2.1 or 2.++ tflops!

Edited by Orion, 13 March 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#27 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Not a high end gpu.. correct that, its 4 years tech gpu.. or 3 if they jumb into 5xx series and I hope so!! because 5xxx series was superb! If its 4xxx series and not 4850 or 4870, but 4830 instead.. then... well... its a better gpu than the other consoles... But never forget that we speak about the gpu processor, not the overall card.. as its modified. I would love to see wii U with kepler 660ti in sli mode without modifications, thats high end! :)

I remember 5870 gpu was capable for 2.1 or 2.++ tflops!

thats sounds very intreging . you never know they could do this! there are so many possibilities based off of rumors lately. i think the talk about nintendo taking a 50$ loss for every wii u , and helping that loss with good software on the 3ds and wii u , pretty much points too around a 400$ console, but they are making it 350$ or even 300$ with the loss

Signature_Fox.png

#28 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

hope so for 5850 or better 5870 chipset! It is discontinued more than a year now, after all you cant find it in the market also.. So I believe they could make a nice deal with it.

But if we are a bit realistic, 5870 is x2 of 4870 card! away to much power!... But if we try to speculate the smallest 5xxx series, 5770 (also look the power consumption! 50 less watt and much much cooler!! Also newer version of OPEN GL support).. look the results!! Its a plus! http://www.hwcompare...adeon-hd-5770/
or 5830 http://www.hwcompare...radeon-hd-5830/

Edited by Orion, 13 March 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

@Orion it was high end when it was released.And its not like they choose it last year they started the actual development of the cards probably 2008 or 2009. Its not like they choose a card that was a cheap card as their starting point.
  • Tre likes this

#30 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

its logical to choose discontinued chips, as they can get them extremely cheap. Also, the rumor about jumb into a different chipset (maybe 5xxx series, if its true), means the opposite from your statement. Never forget that they choose a much much newer cpu than the gpu...

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

Yeah, but you can't use an unconfirmed rumour to counter a logical fact.^

Also, I've never even heard of that rumour...

Edited by Nollog, 15 March 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

You did, there is a rumor around, that nintendo changed the chipset due to power consumption and heat.. remember? They didnt said if they downgraded, an older chip or newer chip, but they did said, it is more powerful..lol (wii U performs much better)

I remember this rumor... Also it is official, there will be NO new console announcement in E3 by microsoft or sony this year.

http://e-mpire.com/c...its-Coming-Soon

II found it http://www.nintengen...erful-than.html

there you are...

The final Wii U dev kits are out to Third Party developers but with an important revision. When the Wii U Alpha kits were first sent out during and before E3 of last year, the GPU inside them was based on an AMD HD 4770-4850 and had to be underclocked because of overheating.

It seems that Nintendo has given the final dev kits more power and a different architecture to prevent overheating. This comes from a trusted source who has been posting information on NeoGAF and B3D for the past several months. Others have confirmed that this is true as well. Here is the quote:

"Final devkits are out, and rumor has it they differ quite a bit from earlier kits. Supposedly more powerful than anticipated, too."

Due to this information, I assume that the most logical solution is 5xxx series or 6xxx series.. (not the very big cards of 6xxx).. Because they are much much cooler!! extreme cool and less power consumption. The original website that leaked this information, is BEYOND3D ... I like this website, it speculates most of the times and it gives only few leaks or rumors.. so I trust it..

Edited by Orion, 15 March 2012 - 10:43 PM.

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

The so called chip they used for their GPU is the basis for the 5xxx series, and ATi did the same with the 5xxx to the 6xxx series (chose one and use it as the basis). That's how AMD has been doing their cards for a while now. So it doesn't mean what I have said is wrong.

#34 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

I hope this is true Nintendo needs this if they want third party support for the future. I have been watching the Neogaf thread, the guy's there are funny. :laugh:
Posted Image

#35 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

The so called chip they used for their GPU is the basis for the 5xxx series, and ATi did the same with the 5xxx to the 6xxx series (chose one and use it as the basis). That's how AMD has been doing their cards for a while now. So it doesn't mean what I have said is wrong.

You mean this card??? 5450???? http://www.hwcompare...d-6670-oem-1gb/ I compare it with the rumored 6670 for xbox 720.. I think you over reacting.. lol 5450 cant even run a 720p video... 19watt card.. Just for word document...

Edited by Orion, 16 March 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#36 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

I was just that I'm I am almost positive it will run UE4 from looking at the past take the 360 for example when it was in development Microsoft wasn't thinking will this run Frostbite2 and Cryengine 3 but they still came to the platform anyways and back in the development of the 360 if I shown those engines people would say it was impossible yet its not So I'm for certain it will run on the wiiu .

#37 Dant

Dant

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

I was just that I'm I am almost positive it will run UE4 from looking at the past take the 360 for example when it was in development Microsoft wasn't thinking will this run Frostbite2 and Cryengine 3 but they still came to the platform anyways and back in the development of the 360 if I shown those engines people would say it was impossible yet its not So I'm for certain it will run on the wiiu .

The 360 ran Frostbite 2 and Cryengine 3, not because the 360 was powerful enough, but rather both engines were designed with 360 compatibility in mind.

Edited by Dant, 17 March 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#38 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well, I've been hoping the WiiU would be better hardware-wise then the current reported specs, so I hope they continue to make it more powerful.

#39 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

The 360 ran Frostbite 2 and Cryengine 3, not because the 360 was powerful enough, but rather both engines were designed with 360 compatibility in mind.

Its more of they were designed to be optimised to work with 360 considering how gimped they are on the 360 but my point still stands its probably easier to get Unreal engine 4 to work on wiiu than it would to make Cryengine 3 or Forstbite 2 to work on the 360 .

#40 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

You mean this card??? 5450???? http://www.hwcompare...d-6670-oem-1gb/ I compare it with the rumored 6670 for xbox 720.. I think you over reacting.. lol 5450 cant even run a 720p video... 19watt card.. Just for word document...

I can't remember where I read it, but AMD with the Radeon HD 4xxx Series decided to make small updates, using the previous generation, to create the next generation of cards. Meaning in this case, AMD choose the HD 4870 as the basis for the next generation of cards, which is 5xxx. They did the same with the 6xxx, but I can't remember which specific card was chosen from that series.

The point is, even if they used a stock GPU from this series it wouldn't be hard to upgrade it to a higher series. And you saying a 5450 (which I haven't heard being speculated to be in the Wii U) can't run 720p video tells me EVEN IF Nintendo chose that card, that they upgraded it BECAUSE WE KNOW it runs native 1080p. We haven't seen it yet, but Nintendo announced it would. And if a 5xxx Series couldn't handle 1080p, then we know Nintendo has upgraded the card and changed it's original specs and we trying to compare the stock and say oh the Wii U can or can't run Next Gen engines.... how do we know since Nintendo and AMD has made unknown changes to what ever card they choose?

My point is, AMD used the 4870 as the basis for future generations, and since it IS rumored thats the card Nintendo and AMD started with, it would be easy to upgrade it and add what they need (1080p support, Unreal 4 support, so on).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!