• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RedEyedGoomba

RedEyedGoomba

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm willing to guess Mario Wii U is in the later developmental stages and that it has a high chance of being in the launch window of the console. What are some of your hopes for this game? Do you want more of an adventure style (SM64, SMS) or another level by level styled (SMG, SM3DL) game? What setting would you like it to take place in? Any specific feature you'd like to see?

I personally want and expect it to be akin to SMS and SM64; although I'm not sure where it could take place. The originality of SMS's gameplay and setting is going to be hard to top, but I have faith that the Big N will pull it off nicely. Unless they come up with an ingenious FLUDD-like helper, I want to see classic Mario gameplay with every jump to date and maybe a few extra moves. It's pretty nitpicky, but I would love to see a final/post-game area themed after Rainbow Road. The NSMB special world disappointed me when the actual levels didn't mimic the overworld map.

Share your own thoughts and what you think of mine.

#2 jejaynes17

jejaynes17

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I would love a SM3DL kind of game...

I can't really say anymore... but I'm positive Nintendo will deliver the best.. :)

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

No they will make a sequel to super Mario brothers like on Wii with the 4 player co-op. Remember the demo from E3? They will save Mario galaxy 3 if the system needs that single player mario push.

#4 jejaynes17

jejaynes17

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

No they will make a sequel to super Mario brothers like on Wii with the 4 player co-op. Remember the demo from E3? They will save Mario galaxy 3 if the system needs that single player mario push.

You know, Co-Op didn't even cross my mind... But that seems right! I don't think Nintendo will need to hold on to a Mario solo adventure.. They will release one regardless.
Hopefully a staple in every Nintendo console (portable or home) will be a:

Side-scrolling Mario Adventure
Free Roam Mario Adventure

Seems promising. ;)

Edited by jejaynes17, 11 March 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#5 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

I don't know, but I want them to come up with something really fun and innovative for Mario's 3D Wii U game. I don't doubt at all that Nintendo is capable of this after seeing what they did with Sunshine and Galaxy. Maybe a more open world type Mario would work better on the Wii U, just cause of the graphics potential.

Posted Image

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Something with a Hub world like Super Mario 64 would be awesome! :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Well a super mario game usually comes within the first or the 1st q of 2nd year into the console's lifespan so I am guessing 2013.
I'd like to see a hybrid of 2d and 3d mario game such as looking at the tv screen you can only see 3d mario game but on the wii u controller screen you can see a 2d mario game and therefore puzzles where you have to look at the specific screen to know how to get across..something like that
Posted Image

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

I want the "experience" they showed last years e3, except don't dress my Mii up in dungarees, it looks really ugly.
I want DLC to add new levels every 6 or 12 months rather than making a sequel.

A level editor would be nice too, but doubt it.
Online Multiplayer would be super.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

I liked the one they showed at E3.

#10 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

I would definitely like to see this as a launch title and I'd really like to see it as a Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy style gameplay game with a free roaming Hub.

Posted Image

#11 double D 215

double D 215

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

I want a classic 2-D mario and a new 3-D mario adventure that takes advantage of the new controls.

#12 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

I am hoping for a Mario 64 type game. I can't wait to see the graphics of it, my best guess at what I think it will look like is Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, but better.
Posted Image

#13 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

It looks like it will be a 2D. I was hoping to be able to explore a 3D world to be honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!