Photo

When do you think the Wii U will Launch?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

OK, so, there's been some discussion about when the Wii U will launch. As someone who plans on getting it at launch, I'm pretty interested about this. Personally, I think it'll launch in either late august-September. I have 2 reasons for that.

1. They were trying to launch it in 2011. It was just pushed back because they wanted to focus on the 3DS in 2011. If they were already making plans to launch it in 2011, having another 8 months to get everything ready seems like it'd be pretty simple.

2. This is my main one, though. Assassin's creed and medal of honor are both confirmed for an October release, and both are confirmed to come to the Wii U. Because of this, it makes me think that Nintendo would want to release their system before these games start rolling out, so they won't be late to the party. If they launch it a month before that, they'd have a steady stream of content between their launch lineup and the November lineup (which is always awesome).

That's why I think it'll launch in august or September. When do you think it'll launch?

#2 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

I think it will release in mid-October. That's in time for the holidays, but it's not super early, either.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

The last quarter of this year, 2012.
  • Tre likes this

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

I'm sticking to what Iwata said about a September launch for Japan and a November launch for the rest of the world.

God, those two months between Japan and us getting the Wii U are going to be pretty painful... D:

Posted Image

#5 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

November. And you can quote me on that.

#6 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

I'm thinking September really. It gives the Wii U some time before the holidays to gain popularity.

November. And you can quote me on that.

What? You said to quote you on it.

Edited by GameCube, 14 March 2012 - 04:43 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#7 Hoodbury

Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

I think September for Japan and either October or early November for US/Europe sounds reasonable. Of course I'd prefer earlier but that seems to be a bit too much dreaming.

What I really hope though is that there isn't supply problems like the Wii had. I want to get it at launch but I don't want to have to camp out at a store for 14 hours to get one.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

I think It will be announced on the 22nd of August that the release date will be the 22nd of September.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

medal of honour and Assassins creed 3 both dated for late october release, it would be stupid for those games to launch before the wii u so i think late october
Posted Image

#10 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

I'm sticking to what Iwata said about a September launch for Japan and a November launch for the rest of the world.

God, those two months between Japan and us getting the Wii U are going to be pretty painful... D:

You mean like Gamecube?, I don't think there will make it two months apart, more like at least a few weeks.

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

You mean like Gamecube?, I don't think there will make it two months apart, more like at least a few weeks.

no he's right, iwata did say that, but since then, he said they wanted to do a global launch, so he changed his mind basically
Posted Image

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

medal of honour and Assassins creed 3 both dated for late october release, it would be stupid for those games to launch before the wii u so i think late october

Why?
They'll be on PS3 and 360.
Every gamer planning on getting the Wii U will have decided to buy it on whichever console they decide by Christmas, which is their big season anyway.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Why?
They'll be on PS3 and 360.
Every gamer planning on getting the Wii U will have decided to buy it on whichever console they decide by Christmas, which is their big season anyway.

wouldnt it make more sense that developers release their games on all consoles on the same day. im not saying im definitely right, just is the only real lead we have to knowing the launch date, all other speculation is just guessing
Posted Image

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Of course it makes sense, but things might not work out their way.

And the way some companies operate... :( It's like they don't have any sense.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

I think it will launch sometime between now and never...or else November 21, 2012. September seems like a bad time to me since that is when all the university people will be spending thousands of monies on university.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#16 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'm going for sometime in November.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#17 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Naow!

Really though, I think it's going to be released either in September or October.

Anything after than I'll have to kill you, Nintendo.

#18 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

November, before the US Thanksgiving holiday. Black Friday(the day after Thanksgiving) is the busiest shopping day of the year in the US and is the kickoff of the Christmas shopping season.

Waiting until November will also assure a stronger launch day/week lineup. It gives developers, including Nintendo, time to perfect their Wii U version of games. We may be late to party on AC3 and a few others, but think of fhe unannounced games that will launch in November.

#19 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

November 16th. (any true Nintendo fan should know why ;) )
Posted Image

#20 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Realisticly November it will release. We already know they are doing a global launch, so Japan wont get it months earlier lol. 1 rumor was Nov.16th cause thats Miyamoto's birthday and with him making a new IP that could work. Also AC3 comes out Oct. 30th which would be like 2-3 weeks before Wii U comes out since AC3 is going to be on Wii U.

Personally I want an August release lol. Dark Siders 2 comes out in August and its a launch title for the Wii U so it could work.

Dude Iwata said they are doing a global launch everyone gets it the same time. Well maybe a 1 day difference due to time zones lol.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!