• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

"720p seems to be the sweet spot for definition with games running Wii U controller-intesive visuals
- Wii U controller handles 480p
- Wii U controller allows for viewing of on-TV action from another angle in some games
- Seems that there are some third party ports using this idea for gameplay
- V5 dev kit is a little more powerful than V4, but doesn't make for 1080p in these situations
- games can benefit from a slight visual boost over 360/PS3 and may run at a higher resolution
- more simple titles may be able to run 1080p in conjunction with the controller"

http://www.neogaf.co...55#post36144655

Take this lightly as with all rumours

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

See the controller should run higher resolution atleast Vita resolution.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

[quote name='Sportsgamer' timestamp='1332106381' post='66845']
See the controller should run higher resolution atleast Vita resolution.
[/quote]
WHY?!
That is all.

This rumour is more toward what I was expecting.

[quote name='"ideaman"]- Both games have an intensive use of the padlet. More concretely' date=' 3D scenes, different angle of what is on the TV (bird eye view for example). The system is therefore capable of displaying a main screen of AT LEAST comparable quality than current gen versions in 720p (with I guess, a certain amount of AA, etc.) AND another 480p content on the tablet.[/quote']
Ubisoft source confirmed.

Edited by Nollog, 18 March 2012 - 02:35 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

WHY?!
That is all.

This rumour is more toward what I was expecting.

Ubisoft source confirmed.

I don't really understand what you mean. But I just really want the controller resolution to be higher.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

My question was "WHY?!"
What possible reason would you want a higher resolution on a controller?
There is none, other than wanting to look at the number here and go "yay!" for no reason other than looking at numbers.

Also, about the source of this new rumour, he was questioned about his English getting better two days ago, and since then he's been using worse English.
I smell fake.

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=5353
I like this post.

Also, a lot of people are speculating that using the Wii mote will allow third parties to easily get 1080p and 60fps on games.
Which to me, makes perfect sense, and is my preferred way to play.

Edited by Nollog, 18 March 2012 - 03:20 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Sounds about right.... depends on the definition of "intensive", taking it from 1080p to 720p, and his opinion of a "slight visual boost" over ps360.

But, don't forget everyone, we've seen some off screen footage that looked amazing. And many journalists that saw the Japanese Garden/Zelda demos first hand were gushing. No worries people.

Edited by Fig, 18 March 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

http://www.eurogamer...-vs-e3-nintendo
I read this a while back, so I was already sure it wasn't 1080p native at e3, and didn't see it becoming 1080p native when released either.

Maybe I'd have been more shocked had I not been so obsessed with the Wii U.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

So pretty much reggie lied when he was talking about 1080p because it can't run 1080p with the controller which makes sense considering the zelda demo was in 720 p so It can't handle xbox 360 or playstation 3 games in 1080p so chances are it can't handle next gen games in 720p which means its only a tiny bit stronger than the ps3/360 and all the rumors about it being stronger is a kinda a lie than so Nintendo failed again graphically .
(according to IM rumor)

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

So pretty much reggie lied when he was talking about 1080p because it can't run 1080p with the controller which makes sense considering the zelda demo was in 720 p so It can't handle xbox 360 or playstation 3 games in 1080p so chances are it can't handle next gen games in 720p which means its only a tiny bit stronger than the ps3/360 and all the rumors about it being stronger is a kinda a lie than so Nintendo failed again graphically .
(according to IM rumor)

When did Reggie say everything was running at native 1080p ?
The only mention of 1080p I heard and read at e3 last year was the spec sheet saying it can output 1080p, and Reggie saying literally - It does all sort of things or whatever ... "It does 1080p".

The important word would have been "native". It's easy to upscale.
TV's can upscale.

Edited by Nollog, 18 March 2012 - 03:42 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

(according to IM rumor)

I think you're reading into a bit too much there. Remember that few 360/PS3 games actually run at real 720p, so the fact that the Wii U can run 720p just fine means it definitely is a step up. To be honest I don't see Sony or Microsoft investing into 1080p next gen either, they seem too focused on only settling for what's good enough, rather than the best.

Posted Image

#11 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

You guys don't get it I ment to say I don't believe Ideaman what so ever and I Never Believe him I don't understand why everybody in Neogaf takes his word for gold.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 18 March 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#12 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Numbers are sexy, but wait until you actually see the result before you judge the Wii U's graphics. Also, don't forget, the main innovation N is going for is the use of a touchscreen controller with buttons on a home console.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

At 4:50 minutes.

"The system's gonna be 1080p."
"Aliright, it's gonna beee High Definition."
"And so again, tick that box."
-Reggie, e3 2011.

You guys don't get it I ment to say I don't believe Ideaman what so ever and I Never Believe him I don't understand why everybody in Neogaf takes his word for gold.

I'm inclined to agree.
As I said earlier, someone commented on his English getting far better, and then suddenly, he loses all his ability with the language.
Everything he's said has been rumoured, it seems he's just gathering together all the rumours from the thread and putting them together.

I mean, he could be a journalist, with contacts with ubisoft, but I do doubt that.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm inclined to agree.
As I said earlier, someone commented on his English getting far better, and then suddenly, he loses all his ability with the language.
Everything he's said has been rumoured, it seems he's just gathering together all the rumours from the thread and putting them together.

I mean, he could be a journalist, with contacts with ubisoft, but I do doubt that.

I've been told he is an ex-journalist. Still it is just a rumor about the controller use and how it will affect the tv screen.

Edited by Tre, 18 March 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

@Nollog easy on why. Because you can play assassins creed 3 on the controller if you want. And it be easily dinner if it can be at a higher resolution.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

@Nollog easy on why. Because you can play assassins creed 3 on the controller if you want. And it be easily dinner if it can be at a higher resolution.

The screen is six inches. it could be 480 p and still look as though it is 1080p. Please remember that the controller is not a dedicated handheld and doesn't have the parts as one. It also is not an Ipad so keep that in mind too.

#17 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

The difference between the resolution of the controller and the resolution of the Vita is pitifully small, in case you guys didn't realize. Also, having it at 720p would just raise the price, and what sensible person wants that?
  • Tre likes this
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

I think that it's a rumor from some random dude on NeoGaf, and should stay a rumor until proven true.

tl;dr (For you people that don't have that kind of time) Don't put any stocks in any rumors. Wait until E3.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#19 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

When did Reggie say everything was running at native 1080p ?
The only mention of 1080p I heard and read at e3 last year was the spec sheet saying it can output 1080p, and Reggie saying literally - It does all sort of things or whatever ... "It does 1080p".

The important word would have been "native". It's easy to upscale.
TV's can upscale.

At CES, Reggie and the other people that work for Nintendo said "it will be full 1080p" and Reggie also said "the Wii U will have the best graphics available, and Nintendo confirmed a few months ago that the Upad won't effect the games graphics and FPS.

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

At CES, Reggie and the other people that work for Nintendo said "it will be full 1080p" and Reggie also said "the Wii U will have the best graphics available, and Nintendo confirmed a few months ago that the Upad won't effect the games graphics and FPS.

yea i do remember that i cant recall exactly the source of the other times but i thought nintendo stated that the wii u would run native 1080p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!