Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

At CES, Reggie and the other people that work for Nintendo said "it will be full 1080p" and Reggie also said "the Wii U will have the best graphics available, and Nintendo confirmed a few months ago that the Upad won't effect the games graphics and FPS.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=169831
OIC.

But he also lied at e3 2011 when he said they'd talk about online "this week"
And he lied at CES when he said they'd be talking about the Wii U before e3.
There's still time to talk about the Wii U before e3, but not much time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=169831
OIC.

But he also lied at e3 2011 when he said they'd talk about online "this week"
And he lied at CES when he said they'd be talking about the Wii U before e3.
There's still time to talk about the Wii U before e3, but not much time.

Nintendo is having a inverstor meeting on April 26, that's when they will most likely talk Wii U and Reggie did not lie even if there was no more news until E3 because on Jan 26 there was that investor meeting they talked about the Wii U online and other stuff.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I still can't find any evidence Nintendo said "1080p native" at CES 2012.
Can you find it for me?

A lot of people say clearly "... capable of outputting at 1080p ..." but that's not the same.

They shared barely anything in that briefing.
"It'll use Nintendo Network like the 3DS, and we've put NFC into the controller, also, it'll be out in the same timeframe we gave 8 months ago, oh yeah, and it'll make us lose lots of money for a while."
He still lied about giving some online details last e3. :( I waited so patiently for him to say anything about it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

I still can't find any evidence Nintendo said "1080p native" at CES 2012.
Can you find it for me?

A lot of people say clearly "... capable of outputting at 1080p ..." but that's not the same.

They shared barely anything in that briefing.
"It'll use Nintendo Network like the 3DS, and we've put NFC into the controller, also, it'll be out in the same timeframe we gave 8 months ago, oh yeah, and it'll make us lose lots of money for a while."
He still lied about giving some online details last e3. :( I waited so patiently for him to say anything about it.

First, they confirmed the Wii U will have seperte accounts (like XBL and PSN) and they confirmed more stuff that I don't remember right now.

3:34

"1080p, true HD graphics".

Edited by Meelow100, 18 March 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Also for the Wii U, we are planning to introduce a personal account system compatible with Nintendo Network. With this, for example, the ease of using a video game system when the hardware is shared by multiple family members, which has been a challenge we needed to tackle, shall be improved, and we will also be able to construct and offer the system by combining a variety of different services and content.

Out of a massive 3 or 4 paragraph speeeel on Nintendo Network.

That isn't the same as "native 1080p".
Don't confuse "True HD" with "native 1080p", they're different things.

The PS3 can do 1080p(Blu-Ray, and upscale games for your TV).

Also it was confirmed that demo is actually shot using cameras and displayed at 720p, correct me if I'm wrong.

It probably seems like I'm nitpicking at at the same time using loose language when I called Reggie out on lying, but it's important to note Nintendo have never used the word "native" when talking about the resolution, which is the key word to me.
I'm being facetious aboot Reggie. My body will always be Reggie, even if he never gave me online details at e3 last year.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Somethings not right. Dev kit version 4? Dev kit version 5 a little more powerful? I thought the final dev kits were released to developers. Either this is old news or bs or a combination of both.

#27 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Out of a massive 3 or 4 paragraph speeeel on Nintendo Network.

That isn't the same as "native 1080p".
Don't confuse "True HD" with "native 1080p", they're different things.

The PS3 can do 1080p(Blu-Ray, and upscale games for your TV).

Also it was confirmed that demo is actually shot using cameras and displayed at 720p, correct me if I'm wrong.

It probably seems like I'm nitpicking at at the same time using loose language when I called Reggie out on lying, but it's important to note Nintendo have never used the word "native" when talking about the resolution, which is the key word to me.
I'm being facetious aboot Reggie. My body will always be Reggie, even if he never gave me online details at e3 last year.

It was not confirmed it was using shot between cameras, in the video he says "think of this as a realtime streetview" that confirmed it was running off the Wii U, Reggie and the other people said "full 1080p HD graphics" that sounds like Native to me.

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

The difference is in two things:
1. "True HD" = marketing lingo for 1080p
2. Native 1080p means the hardware is natively progressively rendering every single frame at 1080 vertical pixels.

For example, The PS3 can output a 1080p image to a "True HD" TV, but it's not rendering Uncharted: Drake's Fortuneat 1080p, it's rendering it at 1280x720 (720p).
What the PS3 then does is upscale the 720p image to 1080p for your TV.

It won't make much of a difference to anyone, except the number-crunchers.
The people who seem disappointed that every Wii U game won't be 1080p natively, based on this rumour.

By rights it should be capable of it, but nothing's been confirmed yet except some controller stuff and Nintendo Network.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

The difference is in two things:
1. "True HD" = marketing lingo for 1080p
2. Native 1080p means the hardware is natively progressively rendering every single frame at 1080 vertical pixels.

For example, The PS3 can output a 1080p image to a "True HD" TV, but it's not rendering Uncharted: Drake's Fortuneat 1080p, it's rendering it at 1280x720 (720p).
What the PS3 then does is upscale the 720p image to 1080p for your TV.

It won't make much of a difference to anyone, except the number-crunchers.
The people who seem disappointed that every Wii U game won't be 1080p natively, based on this rumour.

By rights it should be capable of it, but nothing's been confirmed yet except some controller stuff and Nintendo Network.

Techiniclly most 360/PS3 games don't run in 720p, they run in sub HD which is 540p, so if some games run at 720p and not 1080p that will still be a huge step up, but it's possible to make games run native 1080p on the Wii U, Reggie also said at CES "the Wii U will have the best graphics available".

#30 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Techiniclly most 360/PS3 games don't run in 720p, they run in sub HD which is 540p, so if some games run at 720p and not 1080p that will still be a huge step up, but it's possible to make games run native 1080p on the Wii U, Reggie also said at CES "the Wii U will have the best graphics available".

I dunno about you, but my TV says my PS3 games are running at 720p most of the time. only ICO/Shadow of the Colossus say 1080p for me.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#31 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I dunno about you, but my TV says my PS3 games are running at 720p most of the time. only ICO/Shadow of the Colossus say 1080p for me.

The games are 540p but are but are pushed to 720p.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

but it's possible to make games run native 1080p on the Wii U, Reggie also said at CES "the Wii U will have the best graphics available".

I'm hoping so, but two screens can be a hog.
My preferred play style is wiimote, not u-controller and if that gives a boost in onscreen graphics, I'll be more than happy.
If developers want to use the u-controller, I'd like it to be used as a screen for when I don't feel like turning on my TV, or if I want to watch a TV show and still play a game.

Unless they can think of a truly original and interesting way to use the u-controller, that is.
And at that point, the game's either not going to be worth playing so who cares if it's not 1080p, or spectacular fun to play, so who cares if it's not 1080p.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm hoping so, but two screens can be a hog.
My preferred play style is wiimote, not u-controller and if that gives a boost in onscreen graphics, I'll be more than happy.
If developers want to use the u-controller, I'd like it to be used as a screen for when I don't feel like turning on my TV, or if I want to watch a TV show and still play a game.

Unless they can think of a truly original and interesting way to use the u-controller, that is.
And at that point, the game's either not going to be worth playing so who cares if it's not 1080p, or spectacular fun to play, so who cares if it's not 1080p.

It actully matters because of third party support, Nintendo hopefully knows they won't do good next gen if the Wii U is not as good as the PS4/720 in power (little weaker is fine too).

I've just noticed something, if devs are using lots of things on the controller which makes it 480p and the TV would be 720p then if you take the controller away the Wii U would be able to support 1200p.

Edited by Meelow100, 18 March 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#34 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I will wait for E3 for the confirmation. I can't trust rumors 100% since it could be flase or based on an outdated sec kit or true. However, as long as Nintendo get the games I want I will buy.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#35 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

at this point im not going to believe any rumor good or bad until nintendo fully unveils console at E3

#36 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

*Reads all comments leading up to this*

...........I'll wait until E3.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#37 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

..................And now we wait for E3

#38 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

Watch this video, which has a collection of quotes from developers starting at 3:07, about the Wii U's graphics.

#39 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

This ideaman is not terribly contextually correct with his observations on the info ... the raw info he got he misunderstood a few times.

Im not saying it's BS ... but the speculation behind his it's quite inexperienced - he's a journalist , not really making some basic tech-obvious conclusions.

What im saying is that when he posts info .. he made weird conclusions as to what would the final be.

It is totally clear that the info he has is twisted, first of all it could be from a non-technial point of view of the original source than the info is second hand knowledge but ...

Im not saying it's not correct --- the ANALYSIS that he posts alongside his info is somewhat wrong , because the info is based on the THEN current hardware kit - we have to take into account how much time that info is OLD and the guy saying about V4 and V5 kits is just a silly thing to say ... the info might be MONTHS old (by the time it gets through a maze and leaked) ... there might be V7 or V8 kit by now.

The weird assumptions are boggling me ... he constantly brings up this general idea of "oh if it's 1080p then it can't be 30 FPS"

These weird totally unbased ideas about framerate and resolution are so unfounded and terribly speculative.

The point is - it will be great in the end - this is just worthelss jabber about "oh it's 720p on controller then it must not be 1080p on TV becaue it won't be 30 FPS" - that's totally STUPID in my opinion simply because you have to take into ACCOUNT that the INFO PROVIDED is probably NOT based on any final software any totally super-optimized engine and the provided INFO might be from a MEDIOCRE STUDIO - (HIGH END STUDIOS HAVE LESS CHANCE OF LEAKS BY DEFAULT; EPIC, ID SOFTWARE, CRYTEK, RETRO.. etc) ... thus the provided info might ONLY apply to the CERTAIN developer to a timeframe of the CERTAIN DEV KIT.

Nintendo is pushing seriously this time, that is obvious; and i cannot see any bad news other than worrying about the total amount of system RAM. Pretty much ALL of the news was good news, and people lose their nerves on some weird ass assumptions from a journalist, neogaf can be so annoying sometimes with those kids fueling the doubts.

I am totally dismissing any sort of conclusions or assumptions that ideaman or his second hand source had. Thought the RAW info is in the correct path, the controller was rumored to have higher resolution before,

And his assumptions also cater into specifics which is an irresponsible thing to do to say "oh if you will show 3D footage on controller then you surely won't be able to get 1080p on TV" - that's silly.

And why i say it's silly, because something people don't understand is ... that high end studios will push the boundries well beyond of what these people expect. ID Software with their IDTECH5 engine is going to make 60FPS on atleast multiplayer if they want better SP fidelity (eg doom4). Just X360 have RAGE running in 60FPS and it's the best looking game on the system, the only problem why tex resolution was low is RAM inssuficiency ... which is something wiiU will and must have plenty of it - confirmed by the UE4 rumor.

In the mist of all the good news .... and obviously EPIC was correct, E3 will be a shocker, because all the people can't see the greatness. Im not setting my expectations too high , but i can say i am prepared to the best case scenario.

Edited by Stewox, 20 March 2012 - 06:52 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

im not worried, two reasons, one, the videos that people have posted above which show the wii u's awesomeness, secondly, developer testemonies like EPIC
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!