#21 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

I am actually far different IRL than online! People probably see me as the super optimistic artsy outgoing girl who must be having an extremely successful and great life. I'm actually really dull and anti-social IRL. That's slowly changing thanks to college though. I'm slowing becoming like my internet self IRL...but it's a really slow process. lol

#22 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm mostly the same, as I believe the same as Brian. I don't not like being me besides for halloween

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#23 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

That's slowly changing thanks to college though. I'm slowing becoming like my internet self IRL...but it's a really slow process. lol

That's nice!

I think with college, you're more prone to open up to others. This is because you study and work with people more like yourself, whereas in high school and under, you worked with everyone. To clarify, in college, you have a major and take specific courses of your choosing to fufill your goal. You work with other people who made the same choice, and therefore are easier to associate with.

But I digress... It's definitely a lot easier for the more shy characters to converse online than in person.

#24 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

But I digress... It's definitely a lot easier for the more shy characters to converse online than in person.

This is definitely true. I'm one of those people who are shy when I first meet people, but once I'm more comfortable I can talk to them easily.

Anyway, the difference between talking on the internet and in real life is like the difference between calling on a phone and texting on a phone. On the internet you can have a lot of time to actually think out your thoughts and then post, while in real life there is not enough time to actually think out responses so that's really how talking in real life and on the internet differ. So, by the way you mean the way you act, you can't truly see. You can't really tell if someone is naturally shy on the internet that easily as you could in real life. So since communicating on the internet is kind of like texting I think you can't really get a good idea of what a person is like.

If you didn't really understand this, the main point I am trying to point out is that communicating on the internet is kind of like texting and it vastly differs from actually communicating face to face.

Uh, so to answer the question about if I'm the "real me" is yes to a certain point. I am shy to an extent when talking to new people for the first time, and you can't really see that through text on the internet. But otherwise, I basically think the same as I do in real life. But talking to someone in real life would be different because I don't have as much time to think what I am going to say. It basically the same for everyone with that.

For example: arguing on the internet is almost useless because they have unlimited time to think out a come back. But debating face to face you can get stuck or corner yourself from the person questioning you.

Edited by Elric, 29 March 2012 - 05:12 PM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#25 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

That's slowly changing thanks to college though. I'm slowing becoming like my internet self IRL...but it's a really slow process. lol

College really does change a person, it's unbelievable.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#26 Nomad

Nomad

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Only difference is I probably would talk IRL. I'm a quite guy.

#27 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

I'm somewhat different in real life.

I post on the internet quite comfortably. I'm slightly more awkward a helluva lot less open in IRL.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#28 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

I post on the internet quite comfortably. I'm slightly more awkward a helluva lot less open in IRL.

Really? I gotta change my real life perception on you now. Damn!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#29 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm sort of the same online as I am offline. Very quiet. I usually don't have much to add to conversations but when I do I just talk to everyone online as I talk to myself in my head. While outside I just try to get past any social interaction as quickly as possible with the simplest response I can think of so I don't stumble over my words. I get really nervous very quickly around strangers...
Posted Image

#30 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

It's naturally going to depend on the nature of the interaction. I can be meticulous with my word choice when in serious, philosophical discussions and I can be silly as hell in more casual settings. This applies to both internet and in-person situations.

#31 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

I talk the same way I type. Except without my accent. But anyways I like to stay as honest as I can so I try to just say things the same way I would as if I were with my friends.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#32 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

I talk really different on the internet, IRL i go to A school full of - well lets say interesting people, so they won't understand anything i say unless i dumb it down for them so you could say that the internet me is the real me.

1367065580450s.jpg

#33 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'm pretty much different online than irl in which in real life i'm more outgoing than online where i'm funny and shy.

eEG8Ies.png

#34 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm equally stupid and I stutter when speaking quite a lot. That's about it.

#35 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I speak more formally then when I post.

#36 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I don't talk, I only type.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#37 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'm pretty much the same. Most funny things I say on the chat work when I'm with people, but if their not in the same room as me (phone call, XBLA chat, skype, etc.), jokes tend to fly over people's head.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#38 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm pretty much the same as I am on the internet. Highly sarcastic, serious at times, and just darn lovable. Usually my sarcastic nature gets me into trouble, but somehow I manage to get out of the predicament.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#39 Kiba

Kiba

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I am pretty much the same, all around in a good mood.

#40 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I speak more formally then when I post.

Yeah, I tend to do the same thing. The extra time to re-read what you type helps... I sound like a complete silly pony in real life. In addition these emoticons don't seem to be very socially normal thing to inact in real life =P

Edited by currysonic, 28 January 2013 - 02:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!