#1 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

It would be fun playing WiiU on long car trips. It is possible.

You need one of these: Then all you have to do is connect the WiiU to the outlet and you don't need a TV. You could just play for the whole trip with the controller. Am I rite? Or it dosen't work like that?
Posted Image

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

That.........may work. But in response to ideas such as these, Nintendo would most likely make the TV the menu screen.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

That.........may work. But in response to ideas such as these, Nintendo would most likely make the TV the menu screen.

Dammit.

#4 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

Dammit.

Actually Sportsgamer is right. On the demo I saw. The guy turned the tv to a baseball game and the Mario game streamed immediately to the WiiPad.

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

I would think this would work. Odds are the Wii U will probably be able to detect if a cable is plugged into the HDMI or A/V out. If it doesn't detect anything it will probably send the picture straight to the controller.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

once again the controller I'm sure HAS to work with the Wiiu , if your powering the Wiiu in the car and using the controller... I guess

also, I hate tablet auto correct

Edited by uh20, 25 March 2012 - 07:28 AM.

:laugh:

#7 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Agree with Joshua.

Doubt Ninty would ever do something like this.

#8 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Nono this could easily work. Nintendo has no reason to restrict this kind of use, and i'd imagine that the console SHOULD be able to startup and navigate with ONLY the controler (as a selling point is you can pick up a game while someone else is watching TV). In fact this would be awesome!. The console itself has no moving Harddrive so bumps in the road would not ruin your console (though playing disk games may be glitchy). And with multiple controlers you could play with friends in the back seat.... while the driver swurves off road trying to jump in the game.

And plus, many gamers (modders) create set ups for consoles that plug into that plug, and have a screen specifically for car rides. So the tablet navigation may be unnecissary (if you can pay up for one of those setups).

the one thing that does worry me is that, with the PS3 when the video output is unplugged it just goes black (obviously) same when you switch from HDMI to RCA. So when the media output is disconnected... will the WiiU stop streaming?... i hope not.
Nintendo is surprisingly customer friendly. I find that they do not restrict things that seem obvious... though they do warn you that it may break your console because it wasnt designed to do that. Not sure if any of you know this but if you plug an MP3 player into the Wii's USB it will charge.... i asked Nintendo about this & they said , sure go for it.... though it may fry your MP3 player. It did.
And the 3DS seems fully capable of playing videos... and if you get the right format and codec it CAN play videos off an SD card. Nintendo doesn't promote it but they wont restrict a perfectly safe (for their console) application of the technology.

Also if the WiiU couldn't navigate the homemenu while the TV is off.... then once you start a game (and then someone wants to watch tv) you could never switch games!... that would not be smart, and i feel Nintendo IS smart.
Posted Image

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Nono this could easily work. Nintendo has no reason to restrict this kind of use, and i'd imagine that the console SHOULD be able to startup and navigate with ONLY the controler (as a selling point is you can pick up a game while someone else is watching TV). In fact this would be awesome!. The console itself has no moving Harddrive so bumps in the road would not ruin your console (though playing disk games may be glitchy). And with multiple controlers you could play with friends in the back seat.... while the driver swurves off road trying to jump in the game.

And plus, many gamers (modders) create set ups for consoles that plug into that plug, and have a screen specifically for car rides. So the tablet navigation may be unnecissary (if you can pay up for one of those setups).

the one thing that does worry me is that, with the PS3 when the video output is unplugged it just goes black (obviously) same when you switch from HDMI to RCA. So when the media output is disconnected... will the WiiU stop streaming?... i hope not.
Nintendo is surprisingly customer friendly. I find that they do not restrict things that seem obvious... though they do warn you that it may break your console because it wasnt designed to do that. Not sure if any of you know this but if you plug an MP3 player into the Wii's USB it will charge.... i asked Nintendo about this & they said , sure go for it.... though it may fry your MP3 player. It did.
And the 3DS seems fully capable of playing videos... and if you get the right format and codec it CAN play videos off an SD card. Nintendo doesn't promote it but they wont restrict a perfectly safe (for their console) application of the technology.

Also if the WiiU couldn't navigate the homemenu while the TV is off.... then once you start a game (and then someone wants to watch tv) you could never switch games!... that would not be smart, and i feel Nintendo IS smart.

good point i hope they let this be possible

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Yes I charge my mp3 with my wii sometimes

Nono this could easily work. Nintendo has no reason to restrict this kind of use, and i'd imagine that the console SHOULD be able to startup and navigate with ONLY the controler (as a selling point is you can pick up a game while someone else is watching TV). In fact this would be awesome!. The console itself has no moving Harddrive so bumps in the road would not ruin your console (though playing disk games may be glitchy). And with multiple controlers you could play with friends in the back seat.... while the driver swurves off road trying to jump in the game. And plus, many gamers (modders) create set ups for consoles that plug into that plug, and have a screen specifically for car rides. So the tablet navigation may be unnecissary (if you can pay up for one of those setups). the one thing that does worry me is that, with the PS3 when the video output is unplugged it just goes black (obviously) same when you switch from HDMI to RCA. So when the media output is disconnected... will the WiiU stop streaming?... i hope not. Nintendo is surprisingly customer friendly. I find that they do not restrict things that seem obvious... though they do warn you that it may break your console because it wasnt designed to do that. Not sure if any of you know this but if you plug an MP3 player into the Wii's USB it will charge.... i asked Nintendo about this & they said , sure go for it.... though it may fry your MP3 player. It did. And the 3DS seems fully capable of playing videos... and if you get the right format and codec it CAN play videos off an SD card. Nintendo doesn't promote it but they wont restrict a perfectly safe (for their console) application of the technology. Also if the WiiU couldn't navigate the homemenu while the TV is off.... then once you start a game (and then someone wants to watch tv) you could never switch games!... that would not be smart, and i feel Nintendo IS smart.

i would have to keep the WiiU in a protected case and area. This would work great on my trips from Los Angeles to Oakland.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I can totally see the Wii U booting to the controller screen rather than the TV, or perhaps both at the same time.

Your signature seems faster.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!