• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

The info is starting to leak. Wii U may be the definitive platform. Mark my words, XBOX 720 and PS4 will both have to add touch screen controllers with the same functionality as the WiiPad in order to survive. If not than prepare to receive Wii U ports

PLEASE READ IMMEDIATLY:

http://www.nintendoe...he-wii-u-can-do

Edited by Gameboysoadvance, 28 March 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

excellent article :D great stuff
Posted Image

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yeah we know the controller can do things no other console can do.

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

but its good to see they're fully engaged and not being lazy about it
Posted Image

#5 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Very good news, but really nothing about the Wii U's power. -_-
Posted Image

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

well this is nice . atleast developers are confident in the platform . MORE GOOD NEWS FOR NINTENDO FANS YIPEEEE lol

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

You suck. How much convincing do you need. If Gearbox says their making their game the definitive version what else do the have to say. Put it like this, the Wii controller could at the time do things that no other other controller could do. Their were no developers jumping up saying that they would bring a cross-platform game to Wii and that the Wii version would be the definitive version of their game. So, it has to be the total hardware package. The Wii controller didn't pull in alot of third-party support with it's controller that could do things that the other systems couldn't do. Then what happened? Sony and Microsoft copied Nintendo with their on motion control devices. Result? No Third-Party support. Even as high tech as the Kinect is, it has only received very little support. PS MOVE? Almost completely extinct. The reason? PS3 and Xbox 360 were not designed to use motion devices.They were meant to be multi-media/graphic powerhouses. The Wii was designed for motion. Yet with it's unique controller, the powerhouse companies received all the games with advance engines that created beautiful graphics while the Wii had to rely on motion to sell. What I'm trying to say is that when PS/360 had the graphical advantage, they had the definitive version of games and a motion add on. Now tables have turned and Wii U has the graphical advantage, motion advantage, player interaction advantage(WiiPad), and once again the first to do it(touchscreen contoler). That leaves Sony and Microsoft scrambling to keep up with Nintendo who will have the definitive version of all games for at least a year and maybe longer. A good looking game is just a good looking game. Nintendo will set a new, lasting standard of player interaction that will make it hard for any developer to want to just do a game on systems that just focus on raw graphic power. Player Interaction will be the overall key into winning the next generation wars; and nintendo has just opened up a new window(literally) into the gaming experience and player interaction which has to be copied by Sony and Microsoft just to get a piece of that large "Apple" that Nintendo is going to take a bite out of.

I've been reading your post Tron. You are difficult to convince...

Edited by Gameboysoadvance, 28 March 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#8 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I was waiting on someone like you to respond.... Thanks. Yes not one quote I've heard have convinced me yet. It is what it is... It's a Nintendo system so Im going to buy it either way. I'm just saying as of right now not one quote from a developer has won me over thinking this console is going to be some powerhouse... And that's fine. I'm ok with twice as powerful as Xbox 360. But concern is people getting overly excited about these third party games that are basically ps360 ports that aren't going to do the console hardware justice. Like I said I'm getting games built from ground up on launch that I can see we have a more powerful console on our hands. That's just me.

#9 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

I was waiting on someone like you to respond.... Thanks. Yes not one quote I've heard have convinced me yet. It is what it is... It's a Nintendo system so Im going to buy it either way. I'm just saying as of right now not one quote from a developer has won me over thinking this console is going to be some powerhouse... And that's fine. I'm ok with twice as powerful as Xbox 360. But concern is people getting overly excited about these third party games that are basically ps360 ports that aren't going to do the console hardware justice. Like I said I'm getting games built from ground up on launch that I can see we have a more powerful console on our hands. That's just me.

How can you be sure ps/360 are'nt receive ports from the Wii U?

#10 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

How can you be sure ps/360 are'nt receive ports from the Wii U?

These launch games were in development for PS360 before the Wii U dev kits were released. At least that's what I heard.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#11 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

These launch games were in development for PS360 before the Wii U dev kits were released. At least that's what I heard.

A few, but the Wii U has been in development for awhile and Nintendo are so secretive. There's no telling how long developers have had Wii U dev kits. It's all speculation and rumors lefted in the hands of the interpreter.

#12 Abdullah Bin Mustajab

Abdullah Bin Mustajab

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

PS4 and Nextbox are gonna also probably have much more advanced tablets than the Wii U if they decide to copy Nintendo.

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Exactly. It is what it is. Just hope Nintendo comes hard

Edited by TRON, 28 March 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#14 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Exactly. It is what it is. Just hope Nintendo comes hard

I think they maybe more powerful but with less features. Remember, Nintendo has a patent for the WiiPad. So, they may already have all the cool features and ps/360 have the left overs. I mean NFC, facial and maybe voice recognition, ect. It's always he who strikes first in this biz. Example: playstation; first console to use cd base media made a killing(along with ps2). Xbox; first DVD console made a killing. Wii; the first console to use motion control(you know the sales history). PS3; first console to use bluray made themselves look like asses(didn't sell as well as the others, bad example).But you see where I'm going.Nintendo has made the first console to have a touchscreen controller and im willing to bet that every gamer, even non Nintendo fans will be tying to take a peak and play at the Wii U.

Edited by Gameboysoadvance, 28 March 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#15 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'd rather see it at work then take someones word for it, even if it is a big developer.

#16 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

I'd rather see it at work then take someones word for it, even if it is a big developer.

You have a point. A lot of over hyped have come along throughout the years

#17 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Testimonies are contradicting each other left to right. The best thing to do is not to treat everything as set to stone until word from Nintendo arrives.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#18 Holloweaver

Holloweaver

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Buck Bumble - and many more... ;)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

i love it when the get creative with the tech that Nintendo offers, at the end that is what's selling! Creativity!

#19 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

http://www.nintendoe...platform-saves/

Does this mean if I have a Wii U game saved, I can pick up were I left off on my PC if I had the same game? That would be so cool.

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

I think they maybe more powerful but with less features. Remember, Nintendo has a patent for the WiiPad. So, they may already have all the cool features and ps/360 have the left overs. I mean NFC, facial and maybe voice recognition, ect. It's always he who strikes first in this biz. Example: playstation; first console to use cd base media made a killing(along with ps2). Xbox; first DVD console made a killing. Wii; the first console to use motion control(you know the sales history). PS3; first console to use bluray made themselves look like asses(didn't sell as well as the others, bad example).But you see where I'm going.Nintendo has made the first console to have a touchscreen controller and im willing to bet that every gamer, even non Nintendo fans will be tying to take a peak and play at the Wii U.

First dvd console im confused by that statement,, anyway just cause your the first to do something doesnt mean it will eaqual success as im sure your aware of by the example you used for the ps3

idk as of now im just waiting for e3 these comments have been all over the place recently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!