• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Apparently gearbox is pretty pleased with how nintendo is handling the wii u as they have some new and very good information.

"Gearbox President Randy Pitchford has confessed to Joystiq that the Wii U is a “really nice bridge to the next generation” and that the console is “pretty powerful”. Pitchford stated to the publication that he wasn’t able to say too much about the system, as there’s still plenty for Nintendo to announce about the platform at E3. Here’s what he had to say:

“Nintendo still has a lot to announce with their platform, and it’s not up to us to go ahead of them. I think it’s a great platform and I’m really excited about it, particularly with this game, there’s a lot of exciting opportunities like, ‘Wow, my motion tracker is there, and I can move it like this!’” he said as he moved his arms side to side. “There’s just so much cool stuff.”
“There’s a lot that we can do with that screen,” Pitchford said. “It’s a really cool system — it’s pretty powerful. I want to be careful, because I don’t want to risk any sensitive information that Nintendo’s not ready to share yet, but in our experience it’s a great system. I think it’s a really nice bridge to the next generation. I think people will be surprised. I don’t know off the top of my head how many of the specs they’ve released, so I want to be very careful not to jump the gun, but we’re very pleased with the hardware. And even since they gave us our first alpha kit, our very first ‘pre-prototype’ development hardware that they kind of let us play around with, they’ve done so many things to make the platform better. So it’s getting better for us as developers.” "

Still seems like that NDA is around though.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/04/wii-u-is-a-really-nice-bridge-to-the-next-generation/

Posted Image

#2 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

I like hearing that there is still lots that Nintendo has to announce. It will be lots of fun when Nintendo starts with their announcements, but I shall be patient.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

A bridge? That doesn't sound too good... It's cool that these devs are supporting us with multiplats now, but I wonder if they'll be doing the same when the Xbox 720 and PS4 launch. I don't want the Wii U to just be another Wii in this regard. :/

Posted Image

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'm Tired here is another one

http://mynintendonew...aim-developers/

That's my fear... All these developers jumping on board until the real next gen console release then it's by by Nintendo.

#5 Hoodbury

Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Here's another Gearbox quote that confuses me:
"He also specifies that Aliens: Colonial Marines will make use of the deferred rendering engine on PS3, 360, and PC. The Wii U version presumably won't use it."

Here's a link to the article.
http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1222270p1.html

Basically he's saying Aliens is already using 'next-gen' stuff in the current gen hardware. This "deferred rendering" stuff. But why would the Wii-U not use it if he was praising it as the next cool thing?

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I wonder what does he mean by next hen bridge. He may mean that the system could be really powerful yet easy to develop for.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Bridge in this context is used to describe the Wii U as the starting point for the next generation as XBox 360 was the bridge to the current generation. Analyzing every quote, every article, and every video will only drive you crazy. All your answers will be reveal when the console launch. Not when E3 rolls around but when the console launch.

Edited by Tre, 04 April 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#8 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

In Augest he said it was a nice stopwatch now there saying it's a brige, so it got better.

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

in this quote he is saying that the wii u is a great starting point for next generation. Which is good because the 360 was the same case and we all know how developers love that thing. also it makes developers very picky after starting work on one console, so this is GREAT news.

Oh yeah and the wii u will be probably around the same power of atleast one of the other next gen systems. 3.99/4 chance.

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

See, this is a legitimate source that sheds news on the Wii U, yet I can guarantee Nintendo haters will just sweep this under the rug and pretend it never happened.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

As long as this thread is alive it cant be ignored lol.

But seriously im confident gearbox knows what they are talking about.

E3 is soon we all know eventually just how amazing this console is.

#12 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

You know, after hearing comments from that kickstarter developer (was it Double Fine or something?) saying it takes weeks for a simple patch to get approved on Live and PSN, it made me wonder about how EA and Ubisoft were praising the free and open online network Nintendo was establishing. I wonder if the Wii U's biggest advantage in securing third party content is it's open online network that will be less restricive on DLC, patches, updates, etc. Perhaps maybe each publisher or developer will have a dedicated channel in the eShop or something?
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!