• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

I created this thread because seeing a ton of false rumor threads is getting a little annoying.
So, if you'd like to report a false hardware-related rumor, please post it on this thread and I will post it on this exact post through the edit tool.
I'll also give you credit.
Feel free to discuss the rumors shown in this post on this thread as well.
Thanks for your time.
EDIT: This is to report rumors that are MOST LIKELY FALSE, NOT FALSE. Sorry.
  • On June 7th at E3, Nintendo announced their upcoming successor to the ultra-popular Wii, the Wii U, will be powered by a custom-designed GPU from AMD. The AMD Radeonâ„¢ technology in the new console will help deliver amazing gaming and entertainment experiences, and offer support for multiple screens. Not based on R700 series. -Discovered by Nollog.

Edited by DanielAello, 06 April 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yay, another thread for exactly the same thing!
I may as well post something different.

http://blogs.amd.com...3-with-graphics

On June 7th at E3, Nintendo announced their upcoming successor to the ultra-popular Wii, the Wii U, will bepowered by a custom-designed GPU from AMD. The AMD Radeonâ„¢ technology in the new console will help deliver amazing gaming and entertainment experiences, and offer support for multiple screens.

- Clip Note: Not based on R700 series.

Edited by Nollog, 06 April 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Is there already a thread about this? If so, post the link and I'll delete this thread immediately. Thanks.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

You shouldn't be able to delete them, but there's like 5 of them about the GI articles.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Are they about single rumors, or about posting multiple rumors on one thread?

#6 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I don't Understandz why you try to put Rumors in one area when this entire forum right nows about rumors it will just make the forum seem dead instead of alive.

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't Understandz why you try to put Rumors in one area when this entire forum right nows about rumors it will just make the forum seem dead instead of alive.

I see what you mean. I just assumed that people were annoyed of seeing false rumor threads and decided that this would make a convenient place to talk about the subject.
If you'd prefer the latter and nobody really wants this, then I'll abort thread though.
Sorry.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

I was annoyed.
I don't consider them false, since they're just rumours though.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Ok, good. I'll change the thread name to "likely false". If you still don't like the thread, I'll abort.
EDIT: Wait I can't, can I. :l
That should be added.
I'll put it in the description and they can delete it if they'd like to. That, or I'll try to end the thread, even though it's pretty much dead.

Edited by DanielAello, 06 April 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#10 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I thought this was a good idea. Instead of making a new thread for every little rumor that comes out, this thread could have all of those in it.

#11 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 01:16 AM.

#12 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

I thought this was a good idea. Instead of making a new thread for every little rumor that comes out, this thread could have all of those in it.

Thanks! I thought I was alone.
I might have a vote on whether this should be here or not though to avoid unsatisfied people replying.
I also made a poll asking people whether you should be able to change the topic name or not, because I worded this topic's name incorrectly along with another one.

I posted this in the other thread, but it's probably better suited to go here because it's about the unreliable rumors in general:
Most rumors are false, but we can't know if they are until they're disproved. It really annoys me how we get something like 4 threads about unreliable rumors a day, rumors from people outside of the gaming industry posting on small websites that no one could logically think would turn out to be true. I think instead of creating an entire thread about these types of rumors people should just make a status about them instead. I'm fine with people creating threads about rumors from reliable sources though, like GameInformer or IGN.

Thanks to you as well, I think I might keep it unless told otherwise by many, many people.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks! I thought I was alone.
I might have a vote on whether this should be here or not though to avoid unsatisfied people replying.
I also made a poll asking people whether you should be able to change the topic name or not, because I worded this topic's name incorrectly along with another one.

Thanks to you as well, I think I might keep it unless told otherwise by many, many people.

Eh?
Tis a forum.

It's for discussion. You're allowed to express your own thoughts.
So long as a mod doesn't come along and freight-train the thread to locktown, don't sweat it.

Edited by Nollog, 06 April 2012 - 06:54 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Eh?
Tis a forum.

It's for discussion. You're allowed to express your own thoughts.
So long as a mod doesn't come along and freight-train the thread to locktown, don't sweat it.

Alright, koo. Also feel free to discuss the rumors mentioned in this thread. I'll put that in the main post as well.

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

The awkward moment when a mod 'likes' your comment.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

The awkward moment when a mod 'likes' your comment.

It's not awkward to me. Then again, nothing is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!