Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Merged Tron's thread with this one as it was a dupe

#22 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

The politics gaming companies follow the last years, is to make a strong machine, sell it equal the cost to built it.. and earn from games.. That gives a strong platform to end users..

Now if nintendo use cheap hardware, to earn from the consoles as well.. its another matter.. For example, xbox360 cost more than they sold it in the market, same as ps3...

But it seems strange, how a power7 cpu with ram, gpu, mobo, packaging, marketing, will cost 130 dollars to them.. it sounds VERY cheap.. (wii U without the controller) I mean, its not a current generation hardware.. for sure.

Edited by Orion, 08 April 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#23 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

The politics gaming companies follow the last years, is to make a strong machine, sell it equal the cost to built it.. and earn from games.. That gives a strong platform to end users..

Now if nintendo use cheap hardware, to earn from the consoles as well.. its another matter.. For example, xbox360 cost more than they sold it in the market, same as ps3...

But it seems strange, how a power7 cpu with ram, gpu, mobo, packaging, marketing, will cost 130 dollars to them.. it sounds VERY cheap.. (wii U without the controller) I mean, its not a current generation hardware.. for sure.

That's why the whole article seems weird, I'm not believe the article, I do think the Wii U will be $300-$400 but the guy that made that article said a anonymous source said this and we all know anonymous sources are always right (sarcasim).

Edited by Meelow100, 08 April 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#24 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

and it seems strange... console is not a tv, mobile, etc stand alone device... that u earn from it by increasing the price more than you built it.. In consoles, u earn from the games mostly.. So it looks strange if Nintendo is willing to earn 150 dollars from each console..

Apple does that.. they use extremely cheap hardware, but they have good working programs, leopard, etc... They use amd parts now, that are extremely cheap, and they sell it to u 2-3-4-5k dollars..lol I will never buy apple in my life, if i want apple environment, there is hackidosh ways..

Edited by Orion, 08 April 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#25 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I say they should put Haptic and Touch Feedback on the new controller. or release a separate controller that has them so you guys can get your fair Wii U price <_<

Edited by Cerberuz, 08 April 2012 - 03:57 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#26 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Yeah honestly haptic feedback is best as a peripheral.

#27 Zap

Zap

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Interesting...

I feel like this high price to develop the tablet controller is a very risky move on part of Nintendo. Nintendo wants everyone to know that they develop family friendly consoles, but how can you be family friendly if it costs so much just to get a second controller for local multiplayer? That price of $60 to develop will likely cause the retail price of the controller to be around $90, give or take. Obviously nothing is certain, so this should be taken with a truck full of salt; hopefully they manage to keep production of the tablet controller down at launch.

Posted Image

#28 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

There was a rumor last year that stated Sony was downgrading the NGP to cut cost

http://www.1up.com/n...-memory-removed

It did not happen, so the next people that freak out over this stuff should calm down.

#29 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

It may be high to make it now, but the prices will go down just like everything before. Launch prices are the ones that matter the most right now tho.

Edited by Cerberuz, 08 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#30 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Haptic Feedback should be sold seperately.

#31 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm expecting over $200 for manufacturing. Maybe over $250.

Edited by Joshua, 08 April 2012 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#32 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

If this rumor is true than this will become the wii situation all over again.

#33 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

If this rumor is true than this will become the wii situation all over again.

Don't worry, it's a site that says they have "sources" and it's anonymous, I'm thinking they want more views on the site, the site is not even a gaming site, this article looks like it is the first article on the site that is about gaming.

#34 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

It sounds very likely. I believe it. If it is true, individual controllers will cost about 65$, which is perfectly reasonable, especially if only two tablet controllers are compatible with each system.

60 days till we find out!

No, the cost to make will be $65. Then you have to include shipping, packaging, retailer markup, middleman markup, and then you got yourself an $80 controller approx.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#35 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

If this is true, I like that price! 300-400$$$ FTW

#36 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Beat you to it TRON.

funny i looked before i posted and didnt see anything. but as long as the info is out there.

#37 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Okay...$180 to make. It is possible. Nintendo have contracts with different manufactures (AMD, IBM, etc.). They could get the cost that low. I could see Nintendo selling it at $399.99 as that would give them a fifty dollar profit while the other seventy dollars go into other factions (shipping, distribution, and other cost). Nintendo most of the time make profits on their consoles (see 3DS for the lone example of not making profits at this time). Since it is a rumor, I will say false until confirmed.

#38 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Didn't Iwata say something about considering a $50 loss on each Wii U sold at one point?
Posted Image

#39 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Didn't Iwata say something about considering a $50 loss on each Wii U sold at one point?

Considering is not the same as confirming. I could consider getting a certain game but decide not to do it or decide to do it.

#40 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Considering is not the same as confirming. I could consider getting a certain game but decide not to do it or decide to do it.

True, but for him to consider taking a loss(especially for Nintendo) would indicate that they were making an expensive, Beast of a machine. Certainly not a $180 system.

Edited by Andy, 08 April 2012 - 08:05 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!