#61 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

People call it N.E.S and Super Nintendo.

We called the NES "Nintendo" and the "SNES" Super Nintendo. But that was WAAAAYYY before texting/internet shorthand made it into verbal communication. Nobody said, "let's go play some NES" or, "lets play SNES". It was definately Nintendo and Super Nintendo. And after Super Ninteno was released, some people called the NES "Regular" Nintendo!

Edited by Fig, 24 April 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#62 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

We called the NES "Nintendo" and the "SNES" Super Nintendo. But that was WAAAAYYY before texting/internet shorthand made it into verbal communication. Nobody said, "let's go play some NES" or, "lets play SNES". It was definately Nintendo and Super Nintendo. And after Super Ninteno was released, some people called the NES "Regular" Nintendo!

Well, I know that, I'm talking about currently.

People call it NES and for SNES they call it Super Nintendo.

#63 Nintendo Nostalgia

Nintendo Nostalgia

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I know, I just got fed up of typing the whole word out.

I guess you're right, some of the more common kanji would be used.

Since you were confusing Katakana with Kana and saying that Nintendo would´nt use Kanji for announcements or game titles, i was sure that you didn´t know nothing about japanese, so I explained that. But, if you have some question about japanese, ask me, I can help you! ^^

Edited by Nintendo Nostalgia, 24 April 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#64 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I dislike it.
It just doesn't have that sense on creativity Nintendo has.

#65 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Since you were confusing Katakana with Kana and saying that Nintendo would´nt use Kanji for announcements or game titles, i was sure that you didn´t know nothing about japanese, so I explained that. But, if you have some question about japanese, ask me, I can help you! ^^

True that, I don't know nothing about Japanese.
I never said game titles.
I said Nintendo wouldn't not use 'kana to announce something simple like "this will be available in Winter"
When am I confusing katakana with Kana? I'm shortening it since I'm pretty lazy.
Correct me if I'm wrong here:
hirigana, katakana, and kanji.
hira/kata dropped from the words = 'gana/kana as I said in an earlier post, if I'd known it'd be this much trouble to explain it, I'd have just spelled them out fully then.
I'm not 100% sure the differences between the gana and kana as above is, but I know the differences between those two and kanji.
g/kana's do be based on pronunciation right?
kanji is chinese (lol, don't get pedantic with me on this, i'm just over-generalising) symbols, each one representing a word.

I ask native speakers when I need help with Japanese, they are pretty slow to answer though.
Last time I had a question it took a week to get an answer. :(

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#66 Nintendo Nostalgia

Nintendo Nostalgia

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

True that, I don't know nothing about Japanese.
I never said game titles.
I said Nintendo wouldn't not use 'kana to announce something simple like "this will be available in Winter"

When am I confusing katakana with Kana? I'm shortening it since I'm pretty lazy.
Correct me if I'm wrong here:
hirigana, katakana, and kanji.
hira/kata dropped from the words = 'gana/kana as I said in an earlier post, if I'd known it'd be this much trouble to explain it, I'd have just spelled them out fully then.
I'm not 100% sure the differences between the gana and kana as above is, but I know the differences between those two and kanji.
g/kana's do be based on pronunciation right?
kanji is chinese (lol, don't get pedantic with me on this, i'm just over-generalising) symbols, each one representing a word.

I ask native speakers when I need help with Japanese, they are pretty slow to answer though.
Last time I had a question it took a week to get an answer. :(

Nintendo Nostalgia, on 23 April 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

It´s very funny how these fake news about Nintendo always have wrong japanese.

In this video, it appears "この冬来る´´ Which means something like "This winter comes" obvious, gramatically wrong. The correct form is "冬発売予定" Fuyu Hatsubai Yotei, or "scheduled for launching at Winter"

The previous fake zelda games also had wrong japanese with the アイスをプロフェシー  and 火をプロフェシー , that should be アイスのプロフェシー and 火のプロフェシー.

And it would still be a strange name, specially using the fire with kanji but ice with katakana.

The other fake news about Wii U being renamed on the japanese page, everyone believed that without looking at the japanese official page. Not only it had not that title in english, but it was written Mario Party 9 in japanese.

Sorry for bad english!

Nollog :
Nintendo wouldn't use Kanji would they?
They'd use hiragana.

And I was under the impression from the several Japanese to English translators I've known that Japanese tenses are extremely tricky to convert to English.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there are some other mistakes you made, and i was trying to make it clear. But take your time, i´m not attacking you, and the one being pedantic here it´s you. So, don´t blame me xD

Edited by Nintendo Nostalgia, 25 April 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#67 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

I think you're misunderstanding the context of my statement.

You commented nintendo used bad japanese, and substituted some kanji
I said it's fake, but even if it was real they wouldn't really use kanji exclusively, so there's no reason to doubt it based on that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#68 Nintendo Nostalgia

Nintendo Nostalgia

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

I think you're misunderstanding the context of my statement.

You commented nintendo used bad japanese, and substituted some kanji
I said it's fake, but even if it was real they wouldn't really use kanji exclusively, so there's no reason to doubt it based on that.

Nintendo Nostalgia, on 23 April 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

It´s very funny how these fake news about Nintendo always have wrong japanese.
-------------------------

I didn´t say Nintendo used bad japanese, a japanese company, specially Nintendo would never use wrong japanese. I said that people that make fake news about Nintendo know nothing about japanese, and they don´t even try harder to make it more trustable, even being fake.

#69 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Well, they're just marketing students.
You can't expect them to learn some Japanese. :P

And I was speaking as in *if* it was nintendo, it obviously wasn't.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#70 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

I hope this is fake! Nintendo U, yikes!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#71 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

this isnt confirmed so dont keep your hopes too up.
The Master of All Birds!!!!!

#72 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

this isnt confirmed so dont keep your hopes too up.

Why do you keep replying to old things.

#73 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Why do you keep replying to old things.

always good to keep threads alive and booming

#74 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

I can think of a few threads on other forums that I'd rather have dead and buried forever...

*shivers*

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#75 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

always good to keep threads alive and booming

Not this thread.

#76 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Not this thread.

we will never agree on things, but the name of a console possibly changing is a big thing that should be contemplated!!!!!

#77 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

we will never agree on things, but the name of a console possibly changing is a big thing that should be contemplated!!!!!

85% of the forums hate this thread and it's useless to bump after Investors meeting.

#78 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

85% of the forums hate this thread and it's useless to bump after Investors meeting.

make a poll that proves that its 85% of the forum hate this thread

#79 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hey!!! Calm down. No starting a war here you two. Bird you know better. and Sportsgamer no need to pick fights with the newer dudes on here.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 03 May 2012 - 09:42 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#80 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Birdmaster, no need to entice further commentry of the type from Sportsgamer, and Sportsgamer, you've made it look like you hate Birdmaster.

NO CHURROS FOR BOTH OF YOU!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!