• 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

posting from mobile device, cant type otherwise, site incompatible
What about Nintendo Revolve

for those what can't read it.
Amazing, you can write small posts!

Nintendo wouldn't use Kanji would they?
They'd use hiragana.
And I was under the impression from the several Japanese to English translators I've known that Japanese tenses are extremely tricky to convert to English.

Why Nintendo wouldn´t use Kanji?! Here are some examples : Zelda game that use Kanji and hiragana 「 夢幻の砂時計 」 Phantom Hourglass
This one has Kanji, hiragana and Katakana 「 神々のトライフォース 」 A Link to the past, or Triforce of the gods, the original title in japanese
And the minish cap is written only using hiragana 「ふしぎのぼうし」or misterious hat
Twilight Princess uses only katakana「トワイライトプリンセス」
You might be confusing the whole Kanji/Kana thing.

Animal crossing is also written with hiragana and kanji, but notice that, Doubutsu 「どうぶつ」 animal is written only with Hiragana and not Kanji「動物」
And the rest of the title is in Kanji, 「森」 Florest. Doubutsu no Mori ー 「どうぶつの森」

Also the japanese title of the previous fake Zelda game for 3DS, that was written gramatically wrong, as i said before, it they chose a title like that, and obvioulsy write it correctly, they could use Kanji and Kana - Hiragana/Katakana.

Also, i think that these online translators are not reliable. Not only for japanese, but for other languages as well.
So, it´s better to ask someone that knows that language in particularly. If this person really knows japanese, it´s not going to be tricky, even if you are translating to english or any other language.

Edited by Nintendo Nostalgia, 24 April 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#42 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

Oh. The Nin U! Ha! :D
Naw, I don't believe they've changed the name.
Honestly, even though I don't really care for the name "Wii U", just like the Wii, I'm used to calling it that, so....

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#43 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

My personal favourite is Nintendo Revolve

If true

However im extremely happy whatever it is just so it's not having Wii in the name

Edited by Stewox, 24 April 2012 - 01:32 AM.

Posted Image

#44 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Why Nintendo wouldn´t use Kanji?! Here are some examples : Zelda game that use Kanji and hiragana 「 夢幻の砂時計 」 Phantom Hourglass
This one has Kanji, hiragana and Katakana 「 神々のトライフォース 」 A Link to the past, or Triforce of the gods, the original title in japanese
And the minish cap is written only using hiragana 「ふしぎのぼうし」or misterious hat
Twilight Princess uses only katakana「トワイライトプリンセス」
You might be confusing the whole Kanji/Kana thing.

Animal crossing is also written with hiragana and kanji, but notice that, Doubutsu 「どうぶつ」 animal is written only with Hiragana and not Kanji「動物」
And the rest of the title is in Kanji, 「森」 Florest. Doubutsu no Mori ー 「どうぶつの森」

Also the japanese title of the previous fake Zelda game for 3DS, that was written gramatically wrong, as i said before, it they chose a title like that, and obvioulsy write it correctly, they could use Kanji and Kana - Hiragana/Katakana.

Also, i think that these online translators are not reliable. Not only for japanese, but for other languages as well.
So, it´s better to ask someone that knows that language in particularly. If this person really knows japanese, it´s not going to be tricky, even if you are translating to english or any other language.

Kanji's harder to read, and more formal, 'gana/kana is usually used when you want to make an announcement to the general public without wanting it to be all super-official.
Right?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#45 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

ANOTHER CRAP CAMERA RUMOUR!!

Geez, can't they try something original for a change?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#46 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

yuk... every nintendo console has " nintendo before the rest of the name, like Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii etc. but we usually just say the second name. I mean, do you know a lot of people who say Nintendo GameCube instead of only "GameCube"? Following that reasoning, everybody would call the next console "U" only instead of "Nintendo U". Can you see yourself saying: "Hey! I'm playing with the U!"? I cant. Nintendo isnt dumb. thats fake.

Umm every console has the company name behind it.... Microsoft xbox, sony playstation, sega genesis...

Posted Image

#47 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Umm every console has the company name behind it.... Microsoft xbox, sony playstation, sega genesis...

Duh, but you usually don't say them. I say for example: "Let's play on my Wii" and not "Let's play on my Nintendo Wii". Just like I call the Xbox 360 usually the "360".
No sig.

#48 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Like everyone else this seems pretty fake, there is a possibility Nintendo will announce a new name for the Wii U (hope they do) it might be at their Investor's meeting.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#49 Nintendo Nostalgia

Nintendo Nostalgia

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Kanji's harder to read, and more formal, 'gana/kana is usually used when you want to make an announcement to the general public without wanting it to be all super-official.
Right?

All super official or not, general announcements are made using both Kanji and Kana - Notice that Kana is not the abreviated form of Katakana. It´s the system that includes Hiragana,Katakana and Man Yougana. In some cases, there are some words that have a Kanji form, but people usually write it in Hiragana, Like 「びっくり」 and 「きれい」. These words are simple, but their Kanjis are difficult 「吃驚」and「奇麗」. Also, only in very formal moments, you´re are going to use some Kanjis that are not used normally. like the Kanji form of 「有り難う御座います」, wich is usually written in hiragana「ありがとうございます」, Katakana is also used when you want to express the word fonetically, but not represent it by a standard Kanji meaning. So, if someone don´t agree with a Kanji meaning or want to make it dubious, they can use Katakana, also it´s used for non-japanese words. Hiragana is standard for grammar and some other words and some names. Kanji represents an idea,a meaning, so it´s used as a substantive,adjective,for example. And names too.

But, when it comes to announcements, Japanese uses both systems. The name of the product that can be changed, one example is the New Super Mario Bros Wii, it´s written with Katakana, but a game like Kid Icarus uprising , which uses a lot of Kanji 「新光神話パルテナの鏡 」 New Light Myth Palutena´s Mirror
Dates and price are also written with Kanji 2012春発売予定 定価5000円

Edited by Nintendo Nostalgia, 24 April 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#50 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

i still dont get why 3rd parties cant put the wii u logo on trailers and stuff. there must be a name change or logo change of some sort. i dont see why nintendo wouldn't let third parties show the logo on games that have already been confirmed for the system. just doesnt make sense
Posted Image

#51 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

All super official or not, general announcements are made using both Kanji and Kana - Notice that Kana is not the abreviated form of Katakana. It´s the system that includes Hiragana,Katakana and Man Yougana. In some cases, there are some words that have a Kanji form, but people usually write it in Hiragana, Like 「びっくり」 and 「きれい」. These words are simple, but their Kanjis are difficult 「吃驚」and「奇麗」. Also, only in very formal moments, you´re are going to use some Kanjis that are not used normally. like the Kanji form of 「有り難う御座います」, wich is usually written in hiragana「ありがとうございます」, Katakana is also used when you want to express the word fonetically, but not represent it by a standard Kanji meaning. So, if someone don´t agree with a Kanji meaning or want to make it dubious, they can use Katakana, also it´s used for non-japanese words. Hiragana is standard for grammar and some other words and some names. Kanji represents an idea,a meaning, so it´s used as a substantive,adjective,for example. And names too.

But, when it comes to announcements, Japanese uses both systems. The name of the product that can be changed, one example is the New Super Mario Bros Wii, it´s written with Katakana, but a game like Kid Icarus uprising , which uses a lot of Kanji 「新光神話パルテナの鏡 」 New Light Myth Palutena´s Mirror
Dates and price are also written with Kanji 2012春発売予定 定価5000円

I know, I just got fed up of typing the whole word out.

「Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21」プレゼンテーション映像などを公開しました。
紹介されたタイトルの3D映像を、ニンテンドーeショップで配信中です。

I guess you're right, some of the more common kanji would be used.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#52 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yeah I know. I was only talking about Nintendo. What I am saying is that every console has the brand, then the console name. In this case the console name would only be U since people usually don't say the brand (not including Nintendo 64, which had a name that made it impossible to avoid saying Nintendo befor it).
Posted Image

#53 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Yeah I know. I was only talking about Nintendo. What I am saying is that every console has the brand, then the console name. In this case the console name would only be U since people usually don't say the brand (not including Nintendo 64, which had a name that made it impossible to avoid saying Nintendo befor it).

What about the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Super Nintendo Entertainment system? Pretty hard not to include Nintendo when saying those.

Edited by Andy, 24 April 2012 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

#54 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

What about the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Super Nintendo Entertainment system? Pretty hard not to include Nintendo when saying those.

You say NES and SNES.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#55 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

You say NES and SNES.

But you still have to say the N, which stands for Nintendo. I've never heard any one call them the ES or SES.
Posted Image

#56 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Why do people care about the console name.

Can't really think of a single console or handheld that has ever had a name that screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUUUN!"

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#57 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Well I was hoping nobody notice that :)

But well this was the first Nintendo console. Also you couldnt just say Entertainment system. That makes it just like the N64

Why do people care about the console name.

Can't really think of a single console or handheld that has ever had a name that screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUUUN!"

You cant know how much I agree with you
Posted Image

#58 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

PS3 would like a word with you.

Nah

#59 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

People call it N.E.S and Super Nintendo.

#60 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

People call it N.E.S and Super Nintendo.

Like I said: the N stands for Nintendo, and with Super Nintendo you still said Nintendo right there!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!