Photo

Nintendo better make sure they keep there promise on amazing third party support

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

At E3 2011 Nintendo said the Wii U will get amazing third party support, they better keep there promise because I was so tired of the Wii not getting anything great out of third party support and they better make sure they get all the multiplats Xbox 360/PS3 and Xbox 720/PS4 will get.

Edited by Meelow100, 24 April 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#2 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Delete this thread before people make fun of you <_< It was a joke.

https://twitter.com/#!/IGN
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#3 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Delete this thread before people make fun of you <_< It was a joke.

https://twitter.com/#!/IGN

I do not know how to delete so I changed the topic.

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Yeah...Wii U needs an exlusive new IP from a big 3rd party that blows this gen best out the water. That's "IF" nintendo really wants the hardcore back and want to get those PS3 and 360 gamers to but there system at launch.

#5 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

I do not know how to delete so I changed the topic.

Was this originally about Rich from IGN's tweet? just wondering...

And yes, they definately do need to put up or shut up with the third party support. I will say that things look good so far...

#6 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

I laugh at the people who call themselves "Hardcore", but yes they need to get more games on their new system.

LordPickleton.png

#7 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Was this originally about Rich from IGN's tweet? just wondering...

And yes, they definately do need to put up or shut up with the third party support. I will say that things look good so far...

It was.

#8 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

And what if Nintendo did everything they could for third parties, but the third parties just dump Nintendo? Is it really Nintendo that is breaking the promise?

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, we never get great games like Zack & Wiki, Epic Mickey, Mad World, Conduit, No More Heroes, deBlob.
If anything, Nintendo platforms are where the developers come to make something new.
Look at all those games, how many of those have tried to go across to the HD Twins and absolutely failed to grab a market there, or are trying soon?

But hey, if you want the same old poop year-in year-out, go right ahead and complain.

Edited by Nollog, 24 April 2012 - 03:03 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

If it doesn't have good 3rd party support don't blame Nintendo blame the 3rd party dev's for saying the hardware doesn't help them realize their "vision" or it's too "hard" to work with, I don't know what they mean by vision but if it's most the crap we see now days I don't want their "vision". I just want good games no matter who it comes from, whether it's in huge waves or not.

#11 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Nintendo needs to be careful this gen. This is the first gaming console that doesn;t have something holding it back, thus giving third parties excuses not to port over to it. Third parties are needed to gain marketshare and Nintendo acknowledged this at last E3. They saw the slumping sales of the Wii and gaps in software launches. Hell, the Xbox brand has survived off of third parties, since their first party games (Gears and Halo the exception) don't sell as well as Nintendo and Sony's first party titles.

Since the N64 third parties have had an excuse not to develop for Nintendo. Some were legit.

Nintendo 64 "We don't want to spend the money on publishing cartridges, they cost too much to produce. Also, they don't allow for expansive worlds."

GameCube "The disc sizes are only 1.5GB. We need DVD size discs to realize our vision. Too many things would need to be cutout to fit on the minidisc." "GameCube is kiddy. There is no market there for our game."

Wii "Hardware is too weak. Motion controls should be used in a unique way and we don;t want to do just a straight port without taking advantage of the controller" "Wii is a toy." "Wii has no online"

Wii U addresses all these issues by having online, Blu-ray discs (25GB), great hardware that is better than the PS3 at least, innovative controller that also has standard buttons to allow for normal games, easy to port to because of a similiar architecture to 360, HD graphics, paying for middleware software for smaller developers to use for free, etc.

Nintendo not getting third party support for the Wii U will not be Nintendo's fault. Third parties will not have any excuses not to develop for Nintendo this generation. If they don't, it is a personal choice and not a fault with the Wii U.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#12 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Nintendo needs to be careful this gen. This is the first gaming console that doesn;t have something holding it back, thus giving third parties excuses not to port over to it. Third parties are needed to gain marketshare and Nintendo acknowledged this at last E3. They saw the slumping sales of the Wii and gaps in software launches. Hell, the Xbox brand has survived off of third parties, since their first party games (Gears and Halo the exception) don't sell as well as Nintendo and Sony's first party titles.

Since the N64 third parties have had an excuse not to develop for Nintendo. Some were legit.

Nintendo 64 "We don't want to spend the money on publishing cartridges, they cost too much to produce. Also, they don't allow for expansive worlds."

GameCube "The disc sizes are only 1.5GB. We need DVD size discs to realize our vision. Too many things would need to be cutout to fit on the minidisc." "GameCube is kiddy. There is no market there for our game."

Wii "Hardware is too weak. Motion controls should be used in a unique way and we don;t want to do just a straight port without taking advantage of the controller" "Wii is a toy." "Wii has no online"

Wii U addresses all these issues by having online, Blu-ray discs (25GB), great hardware that is better than the PS3 at least, innovative controller that also has standard buttons to allow for normal games, easy to port to because of a similiar architecture to 360, HD graphics, paying for middleware software for smaller developers to use for free, etc.

Nintendo not getting third party support for the Wii U will not be Nintendo's fault. Third parties will not have any excuses not to develop for Nintendo this generation. If they don't, it is a personal choice and not a fault with the Wii U.

Good way to point out all of Nintendo's problems. It seems that they are doing everything right this time.

But Nintendo isn't using Blu-Ray discs for the Wii U. They made their own optical disc for the Wii U that uses the same capacity as a Blu-Ray disc.

Posted Image

#13 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Good way to point out all of Nintendo's problems. It seems that they are doing everything right this time.

But Nintendo isn't using Blu-Ray discs for the Wii U. They made their own optical disc for the Wii U that uses the same capacity as a Blu-Ray disc.

Wii U is actully using Blu-Ray, they just took the movie feature out, like the Wii it uses DVD but they took out the movie feature.

#14 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Or what?

On a more serious note I don't see how Nintendo can blow this for those who want those 'hardcore' games.
Posted Image

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Wii U is actully using Blu-Ray, they just took the movie feature out, like the Wii it uses DVD but they took out the movie feature.

If it used blu-ray, them cutting out the movie feature wouldn't be worth it. Them making an in-house HD disc is much cheaper.

Posted Image

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

First off when people and devs say wii doesnt have online they are very ignorant its only because the architechure is slightly different than ps3 andxbox . The friendcode system was made to ensure there wasnt online harrassment as we know nintendo takes pride in being a family friendly company with thier wide assortment of games . Cough cough ' ( xbox live ) lol

But now im off that little rant lol yah i think that nintendo will definately keep thier promise with heavily supporting third parties, but i cant tell the future so idk

Signature_Fox.png

#17 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

If it used blu-ray, them cutting out the movie feature wouldn't be worth it. Them making an in-house HD disc is much cheaper.

Not really, this is what THQ said.

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/09/25/nintendo-wii-u-thq-say-buying-wii-u-games-is-like-buying-blu-ray-over-a-standard-dvd/

"Buying Wii U Games Is Like Buying Blu-Ray Over A Standard DVD"

#18 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Not really, this is what THQ said.

http://mynintendonew...a-standard-dvd/

"Buying Wii U Games Is Like Buying Blu-Ray Over A Standard DVD"

Nowhere does it say that the Wii U uses Blu-Ray. It's simply a comparison stating the difference.

Posted Image

#19 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nowhere does it say that the Wii U uses Blu-Ray. It's simply a comparison stating the difference.

The Wii is DVD, the Wii U is Blu-Ray.

#20 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

The Wii is DVD, the Wii U is Blu-Ray.

Although Wikipedia is not 100% trustworthy, read this: http://en.wikipedia....do_optical_disc

EDIT: To add on to that, it does NOT say that Wii U uses Blu-Ray in that article you showed me.

Edited by DR4G0NB0RN, 24 April 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!