85 replies to this topic

#61 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Good, downloadable retail games.
I am still getting the packaged copy of my games though.
Unless it is cheaper.

#62 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Good, downloadable retail games.
I am still getting the packaged copy of my games though.
Unless it is cheaper.

Yeah. physical property is still appealing to me too. Maybe I'll grow out of it and get with the times.

Edited by dagwood dang, 26 April 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#63 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Gah... It's over.

Yeah. physical property is still appealing to me too. Maybe I'll grow out of it and get with the times.

Same thing with the whole downloadable books craze.
I would rather have a physical copy of a book rather than a electronic one.

#64 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Iwata doesn't think retail margins will be coming down as a result of digital.

Let's see...
1. sold at same place
2. you get a code, and no nice box
3. you have to download the game
4. you don't get it any earlier
5. likely to be the same price
6. no re-sale value

Yeah, it'll really effect retail game sale with all those great pro's.
Spoiler

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#65 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Gah... It's over.

Not much news besides their digital plans.

Edited by Fig, 26 April 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#66 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Let's see...
1. sold at same place
2. you get a code, and no nice box
3. you have to download the game
4. you don't get it any earlier
5. likely to be the same price
6. no re-sale value

Yeah, it'll really effect retail game sale with all those great pro's

Spoiler

So the downloadable titles will only be available to buy at stores (via code?)
Not at the app store of the Wii U? (eShop like app store.)
If that is the case, that is crazy.

#67 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

So the downloadable titles will only be available to buy at stores (via code?)
Not at the app store of the Wii U? (eShop like app store.)
If that is the case, that is crazy.

That's what I got from reading their plans.
I hope they sell them directly too.

However, it does look like the retailers will also sell eShop games, so it's possible it'll be the reverse too, eShop selling retail games.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UgN47HCTldc
^This is how the process will work.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#68 ocarinaofrock

ocarinaofrock

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

i can't wait

#69 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

However, it does look like the retailers will also sell eShop games, so it's possible it'll be the reverse too, eShop selling retail games.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UgN47HCTldc
^This is how the process will work.

Sounds good.

Smart move Nintendo.

#70 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

as consumers can purchase the software through the Internet, they do not have to visit the retail outlets, be concerned about an out-of-stock situation or even carry around multiple game cards in order to play digitally downloaded counterparts when they are away from home.

Yay!
Now, they still have to hit the pricepoint to make it worth downloading over retail box.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#71 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

nice read, the info kinda leans towards a new mario 2 to be a minor and not full priced game

also, he uses a mac!?!?!
its like the abomination of linux
:laugh:

#72 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Good news. Unfortunate about the pricing though. It's great that I'm prepared though.

Now digital distribution, I thought of it, but I never knew Nintendo would take advantage of it. Physical games for me all the way though.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#73 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

we will see NO physical copies? if that so, I will have to pass! lol I never invest any single sent or p... to a net machine... waste of money... as internet access is not a warranted feature, except if nintendo send us checks every months to pay bills.. lol

It just not a warranted feature and without serious infrastructures. And I never trust my rights of purchase to someone elses pocket... Its mine, I want to have it in my house... not just a hdd copy, I always collect my games... So nintendo, I doubt if they sell 10 million the first year.. lol

Guys it is so bad, if its true.. That means also wii U will come without this special nintendo patent of blu ray disc? It will be discless? lol

Edited by Orion, 27 April 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#74 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

we will see NO physical copies? if that so, I will have to pass! lol I never invest any single sent or p... to a net machine... waste of money... as internet access is not a warranted feature, except if nintendo send us checks every months to pay bills.. lol

It just not a warranted feature and without serious infrastructures. And I never trust my rights of purchase to someone elses pocket... Its mine, I want to have it in my house... not just a hdd copy, I always collect my games... So nintendo, I doubt if they sell 10 million the first year.. lol

Guys it is so bad, if its true.. That means also wii U will come without this special nintendo patent of blu ray disc? It will be discless? lol

Iwata just not believe in going fully digitally. So expect retail and digitally.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#75 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Woah, calm down... he said that BOTH will be available. They are introducing digital downloads (which is why he was talking about it so much, because it's new for them), but regular, hard-copy packaged games will still be available. lol, I admire your ability to converse on a forum in your second (or third? how many do you speak?) language... it must give you a few scares every once in a while, though!

#76 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

alright, be precise next time.. lol I got freaked.. As I dont trust and I will never do, without written insurance of this kind of purchase, digitals... An example is ORIGIN, they ban players even if they speak bad about origin on YOUTUBE.. and gamers loose their accounts and the games they bought! Thank god I am against origin from the beginning, so i dont have any account with them.. lol

So I will never buy any digital in my whole life, if they dont give me insurance of fully refund hardware and software.. in the consoles!.. Its really bad... Also they have to make globally the internet connection free..

This kind of dictatorship, will not pass.. Not in my house.

Edited by Orion, 27 April 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#77 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

You should be able to purchase the physical media at a store, then, if you want, download it onto your 3DS. That way, you get the benefits of having the physical copy with the ease of not having to change the game cartridge.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#78 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

You should be able to purchase the physical media at a store, then, if you want, download it onto your 3DS. That way, you get the benefits of having the physical copy with the ease of not having to change the game cartridge.

That, is a great idea.
Nintendo should do that. Seriously.

#79 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

But then people could download it, sell it, and still have access to the game. Or they could let a pass it on to there friends to infinity. It would eat up on their sales a bit. Plus, how would you be able to start a file on the card, and continue playing it without?
Posted Image

#80 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

But then people could download it, sell it, and still have access to the game. Or they could let a pass it on to there friends to infinity. It would eat up on their sales a bit. Plus, how would you be able to start a file on the card, and continue playing it without?

The first problem will require some kind of system lock. Once you download it once, you can only ever download it again on a 3DS with the same ID. If you get a new one, you have to transfer the ID from your old system.

Saved data would be stored on the system, of course. It takes little space.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!