• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well, a Mario Party on the Wii U is pretty much inevitable. Ideas anyone?
Some that I want are:
  • Revamped classic boards
  • Remade top classic minigames
  • Both Mario Party 1-8 gameplay and Mario Party 9 gameplay options
  • Option to use either standard or motion controls
  • Heck, why not include characters from other Nintendo franchises? Doesn't necessarily have to be MARIO Party.

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

I read this as "Mario Kart Wii U Wishlist" I was ready to tell you that that was already made, then I read the post.

I hope it stays Mario Party. I don't want to see Link hitting a block and playing mini-games.
Well, if he could draw his sword and start slashing, that would be a different story.

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

It's going to consist of many 'one person with the touchscreen controller and others with horizontal WiiMotes' type of gameplay.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

It's going to consist of many 'one person with the touchscreen controller and others with horizontal WiiMotes' type of gameplay.

I hope not...

Anyway I hope you can choose between 1-8 style and 9 style like you said, 9 style wasnt the worst but it was worst than the original!

#5 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

If it has diddy, day one buy for me...
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#6 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

1: Go back to everyone moving around individually.
2: Getting STARS again instead of Mini Stars. (Maybe have a mode you can switch between if you want that)
3: Online, nothing amazing just a simple no lag online match with people.
4: Create a board mode. (You would use the already in game boards but you can chose which goes on each space. Do a board with all bowser spaces lol)
5: At least 16 characters (8 to start off with and 8 more to unlock) (Those could be Boo, Petey Piranha, Dry, Bones, Toadette, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Shy Guy, Bowser Jr.

Thats all I can think of lol. Oh and call it Mario Party 10 we all know thats what it will be called.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#7 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I love your idea of revamped classic stages and mini-games, that could be great! Kind of a "best of" sort of thing, and it'd be perfect for the tenth game. I think it'd be cool if the had five car stages, five regular new stages (those two with new mini-games) and five "best of" stages, with classic mini-games. Could be awesome.

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

I don't know... Mario Party is SO MUCH FUN in multiplayer so it would be cool to have a CRAZY ONLINE with voice chat maybe?
Posted Image

#9 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Reviving an old thread. One thing that I notice about Mario Party was that people complain that they're too similar. And people disliked Mario Party 9 for having too different of a playing style. (I haven't played 9 yet, so I have yet to give a proper opinion) So, what would make things better and revolutionary, but not too different?

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

for it to not exist.

Sorry, ive never liked mario party.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

for it to not exist.

Sorry, ive never liked mario party.

How come? Though I do find the AI to be a little infuriating at times. These also tend to bring out the worst in me.. :blush:

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#12 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I really would like the classic boards from the first 3 games revamped and online play added. If someone drops from the game a computer AI will take their place.

#13 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I really would like the classic boards from the first 3 games revamped and online play added. If someone drops from the game a computer AI will take their place.

That seems like a good idea. I didn't really like the transition to motion controls, so hopefully we go back to a traditional control scheme with the Wii U. I was thinking of having them add original characters to Mario Party, like how Mario Tennis and Golf had. I'd also like for them to bring back the specialized costumes from Mario Party 2. Just as long as we don't have the blister-inducing minigames (or at least alter the control scheme) from Mario Party 1! :P

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#14 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Yeah adding a bunch of more characters is a must. Different special abilities for each one maybe to use on the boards after a certain amount of time? I agree with you on the motion controls, i didn't like them at all. I much rather have regular and touch enabled with the stylus. Online is a must though.

#15 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah adding a bunch of more characters is a must. Different special abilities for each one maybe to use on the boards after a certain amount of time? I agree with you on the motion controls, i didn't like them at all. I much rather have regular and touch enabled with the stylus. Online is a must though.

Yeah, online is definitely a must. Though I wouldn't want to be stuck with that one guy that takes FOREVER to go. Everybody's waiting while that person's off making Pizza Rolls and taking a bathroom break. I suppose they could keep the motion control games for some, but I'd like to use classic controllers, the Wii U Pad or the Control Pad Pro.

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#16 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

only request, bring back the ability to capture spaces. like claiming one then have someone else landing on it. or have games long enough that you get a 10 space row.

#17 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I just hope they use the wii u's unique abilities for asynchronous gameplay well, after playing Nintendoland I am completely sold on it!

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#18 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I say that the next Mario Party installment should have a different graphics style. Maybe cel shaded cartoony graphics? I still stick by my idea of having multiple Nintendo characters. The Mario Party to end them all! :D I guess after about a few months there could be DLC for more boards/minigames. Have a vastly different artstyle, but keep both the playing styles of Mario Party 1-8 and 9. With the Wii U disc capacity, it could be the biggest ever! With gorgeous new maps and maybe even a contest to help design new minigames. To be honest, some of the games may be stale, but I'm sure that with some help, it could be the best Mario Party ever!

Could even use the game pad's mic for some of the gameplay seen in 6 and 7. A new graphical change would improve the look of the Mario Party games quite a bit, seeing as how I felt that 4-9 had bland and rehashed character models. The models seen in those seem somewhat lifeless compared to the look of the N64 games. It's neat how much personality they could fit into a small amount of polygons and low res textures! :laugh:

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#19 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

online- a must
third person characters- much needed
new name (mario world party)

#20 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

online- a must
third person characters- much needed
new name (mario world party)

What do you mean by third person characters?

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!