• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

I think vigil doesnt know what they say, what they announce, what they want... Several times they said darksiders 2 is on par with pc and today they said the oposite, that wii U darksiders 2 is on par with 360.. not good.. Thats a bad marketing for them... That means wii U edition is a port from 360.

http://mynintendonew...-playstation-3/

I hate ports. If its a port, I will pass on that...

Edited by Orion, 23 May 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#2 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

I've been saying from the beggining... They are ok with doing just a lazy port. I will not be buying this game nor will I ever play it. You can go back to E3 last year they said the same thing. I think they might be upset at nintendo for pulling their demo as they worked their a$$ of to get the game up and running.

#3 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

So what if it's a port? That's what most third parties are doing with Wii U games, and then adding the touchscreen capabilities in. I really don't see why that's bad.

EDIT: Wait, they said it's "at least as good". That means it could be better. I get the impression they meant "at least on par" when they said "it's on par." I guess we'll see this E3.

#4 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

is not a title to buy as a first title for wii U for sure, maybe as a classic for a few bucks... As darksiders from what I am reading, is on par with the "prev" gen of consoles, not the wii U... And I am sure, if its a port, nintendo will not promote it very much, as they want to advertise the new system.. not the "same " as the 360 and ps3 system ...

For example, I believe Alien will do MUCH MUCH better than darksiders 2 on wii U. Mostly because, sega made the effort to make the game exclusively for the wii U, not a port. And everybody knows that.

Edited by Orion, 23 May 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

I am still getting Darksiders II for the Wii u.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

It's an article combining multiple vigil comments over the past months is all.
An editorial, if you will.
Nothing to be concerned about.

About power, I think Sony and Microsoft are the ones in trouble when it comes to that.
They need to show consoles that surpass 360 and ps3 by factors of 10 or 12 to impress their fanbases.
And they need to keep costs down to stop going bankrupt.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Not really interested in the game, so I don't care.
Posted Image

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

they always stress that they are going to take advantage of the controller, doesnt sound like a straight port to me, but yes the graphics probably wont change
Posted Image

#9 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

I never really looked forward to the game so honestly I have no interest but I am dissapointed that they arent making it more powerful,

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#10 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

I love the first game, so I'll definitely be picking up 2 when I get the Wii U. Most if not all of the 360's 3rd party launch titles were just higher resolution ports of 6th gen games, so I see nothing wrong with a few true 1080p ports of 7th gen games on the Wii U's launch.

Edited by Andy, 23 May 2012 - 03:02 PM.

Posted Image

#11 The Ferryman

The Ferryman

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

So what if it's a port? That's what most third parties are doing with Wii U games, and then adding the touchscreen capabilities in. I really don't see why that's bad.

EDIT: Wait, they said it's "at least as good". That means it could be better. I get the impression they meant "at least on par" when they said "it's on par." I guess we'll see this E3.

Yeah but that's the thing, colonial marines is going to be on all consoles and Randy Pitchford said that the Wii U is a next gen system, it has to be, and that colonial marines will have the best visual quality experience compared to ps360. So why can't darksiders 2 do the same? 1 answer: LAZYNESS...

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

They said almost a year ago that this was going to be a port, and their main focus with the Wii U version is taking advantage the capabilities of the Wii U controller.

That said, no it's not a straight port. It'll be the same 'enhanced port' deal that was with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. I say enhanced port because they seem to be aiming to make the new control options a better choice as opposed to standard ones, at least on the Wii U controller.

Here: http://thewiiu.com/t..._hl__darksiders

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

What Auzzie said. Vigil has clearly stated that this will not be a "straight port". From what we know they want to take advantage of the Wii U's hardware and unique capabilities.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

I dont want ports from 360 and ps3, because of the textures and limitations this hardware got, at date. This is the reason I QUIT consoles from 2008-09! Its a waste of money for me. Even in pc, that most games are ports, DO NOT SALE, also if they support moding, it takes A HUGE effort to improve it..

If they are lazy, they have to quit their jobs and start selling cookies and ice creams in the streets.. These kind of "developers" are the cause, why people dont buy games anymore. And the reason I created this topic, is the lies that leaked few weeks ago ? Supposed from interviews and within vigil.. that darksiders 2 is on PAR with pc... Probably they forgot to say that "darksiders 2 for wii U and pc, is on par with 360..." u see the lie? This kind of traps and lies, pissing me off.. :)

Edited by Orion, 23 May 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#15 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

I dont want ports from 360 and ps3, because of the textures and limitations this hardware got, at date. This is the reason I QUIT consoles from 2008-09! Its a waste of money for me. Even in pc, that most games are ports, DO NOT SALE, also if they support moding, it takes A HUGE effort to improve it..

If they are lazy, they have to quit their jobs and start selling cookies and ice creams in the streets.. These kind of "developers" are the cause, why people dont buy games anymore. And the reason I created this topic, is the lies that leaked few weeks ago ? Supposed from interviews and within vigil.. that darksiders 2 is on PAR with pc... Probably they forgot to say that "darksiders 2 for wii U and pc, is on par with 360..." u see the lie? This kind of traps and lies, pissing me off.. :)

So, you're judging whether or not a game is worth it by it's textures. :/
Have you ever considered the idea that Vigil may not have the resources to make a graphically superior version just for the Wii U and PC. Vigil is a rather small and young studio. The only game they've made so far is the original Darksiders. You cant expect them to be able to put the same amount of resources into a specific version of a game as a more established studio like Gearbox can. And besides, with all the things they've been saying they plan on doing with the Wii U's controller in Darksiders 2 I'm more than willing to say it's going to be the clearly superior version of the game. Far more than just a plain old "port".

Edited by Andy, 24 May 2012 - 12:52 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

No.. And yes

I am judging it, because Microsoft played dirty games in the past, and western developers right now, live in an iconic stereotype for 360, denying to improve their services and qualities, but also demand more and more and more from us. This is not accepted by me.

I am also judging it, because buying at this date a game that cannot exceed visual and gameplay quality from a 7-8 year old technology... is a totally turn off... Its not only the textures, it is also the potential of the game... But yes, visual quality matters at this date..

As a personal opinion, who the heck cares about microsoft, and who is microsoft, to hold behind the whole industry... Microsoft does not know yet, what console means... 360 as a personal opinion always, is a failed machine, full of problems, but microsoft instead, DOES not care in quality.. instead of quantity. So, no.. I am not going to buy ports from 360 and ps3. Even today, if you search youtube, 360 is a failed piece of s#$t hardware.. lol ... I mean, that proves what I am saying... they dont care about consoles.. They dont know what console means, so I will not accept ports from it..

PS3 maybe, if they give us jurney.. hehe

Edited by Orion, 24 May 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#17 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Today they justified their statements by saying that there is a "gag order" over the technical and graphical features of the wii u. The said that they are not at liberty to say anything until e3.
http://mynintendonew...rict-gag-order/

Posted Image

#18 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Not really interested in the game, so I don't care.

I Agree. Never got into the first game. Straight ports with just WiiPad features will make the WiiPad seem like a gimmick. I pretty sure some cool stuff can be done on it, but it just fuels Sony/Microsoft fire by saying that it's the same game, same graphics,they're(Nintendo) just using an useless gimmicks to win over gamers...then they'll immediately copy Nintendo.

Edited by Gameboysoadvance, 24 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#19 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

I Agree. Never got into the first game. Straight ports with just WiiPad features .

if it has features that cannot be offered by another system then it is not a straight port.

And its also like andy said this game was created for the 360 and ps3. asking them to create new textures for a system that has just been announced while they were in development of the game is pretty absurd.

#20 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yeah but that's the thing, colonial marines is going to be on all consoles and Randy Pitchford said that the Wii U is a next gen system, it has to be, and that colonial marines will have the best visual quality experience compared to ps360. So why can't darksiders 2 do the same? 1 answer: LAZYNESS...

That's no reason not to get the game. All PS3 multiplat titles were hardly ported up from the Xbox. This version will also have far superior controls. After reading the whole interview from the link, they were extremely positive about everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!