Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Uhm you weren't talking about me right..? Like I need to accept people that don't accept the Wii U name..

Mainly directed at the person who went to change.com and decided to be so selfish as to make a petition for other selfish people to sign.

If you enjoy games, a name should mean absolutely nothing to you.
If you're a person who liked the Wii, and you're interested in seeing what's next, then the Wii name will get you interested in the new Wii U product.

How are gamers being harmed?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'm starting a new petition to get Nintendo to change the name of their company. Nintendo needs a more hardcore name because they won't sell anything if they keep the name Nintendo. I will come back with a paragraph of why I think they should change it. <-----sarcasm

LordPickleton.png

#23 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, it's a tad late for a name change, as much as I wished for another.

Probably ain't gonna happen.

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Mainly directed at the person who went to change.com and decided to be so selfish as to make a petition for other selfish people to sign.

If you enjoy games, a name should mean absolutely nothing to you.
If you're a person who liked the Wii, and you're interested in seeing what's next, then the Wii name will get you interested in the new Wii U product.

How are gamers being harmed?

Agree. Oh well people want something to mother dog about.
No sig.

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

@cerb Actually they kind if did that with tbe Wii. Thats why Nintendo wasnt in early ads. It was a trick that worked for casual gamers.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#26 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

1st of all there is no name change. The leaked controller pic that got that dude fired basiclly seals the deal.

Your first point: The reason with all the confusion the 3DS had was cause they had so many versions of the DS. If it went DS, DSi then 3DS the confusion would have been avoided. But it goes Wii to Wii U thats nothing to worry about. Xbox went from Xbox to Xbox 360 but people didnt think the 360 was the same as the original. Same with PS1 to PS2 and PS3. But come E3 Nintendo will open everyones eyes. So this is not an issue at all.

Your second point: Sexual innuendo...really...what are they 12? Seriously grow up people. Its a name people got used to Wii so they will get used to Wii U.

Your third point: There were still core gamers on Wii...Zelda Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, SMG 1 and 2, Metroid Prime 3, and Other M, Donkey Kong Returns, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart, Mario Party 8 and 9. Come on now. Unless you mean hardcores as in COD baboons in which case I have nothing to say to that. People need to realize using Wii in the name IS GOOD buisness. It lets people know that they plan to replicate the Wiis success but flip the coin and this time do it with the core gamers.

In short if a person refuses to get a system based on its name and not what its all about whether that be due to not wanting to be teased or they simply dont like the name then they are pathetic. They could call it the Nintendo Fluffy Bunny and I would still get it. Its a damn name get over it people. Its Nintendo you trust them you buy their stuff you have fun its that simple.

LOLOL that made me laugh so hard!!
Posted Image

#27 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Nintendo was the Hardcores company up till the Wii... They will neverchange their name. They have been Nintendo for 123 years. You think they would ever change their company name lol?

I'm starting a new petition to get Nintendo to change the name of their company. Nintendo needs a more hardcore name because they won't sell anything if they keep the name Nintendo. I will come back with a paragraph of why I think they should change it. <-----sarcasm

Glad I could entertain you. Mind saying what was so humourous?

LOLOL that made me laugh so hard!!

Edited by Nin_Stream, 26 May 2012 - 07:52 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#28 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Nintendo was the Hardcores company up till the Wii... They will neverchange their name. They have been Nintendo for 123 years. You think they would ever change their company name lol?

I guess you don't know sarcasm.

LordPickleton.png

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

She highlighted "COD Baboons" so, I think it might have something to do with that, Mr. Personality.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

She highlighted "COD Baboons" so, I think it might have something to do with that, Mr. Personality.

Some people just don't have common sense or understand sarcasm.

LordPickleton.png

#31 StarFoxWiiU1

StarFoxWiiU1

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

I would like to see a name change too. But you have to agree that the reason why people confused a 3DS to an original DS is because there were so many DS versions. Like the DS Lite, DSi, and the DSi XL. So people were assuming that it was just another one of those remakes. I still think they should change the name though, because I'm pretty sure that people in the world that don't know about this console are going to think that this is the same as an original Wii but with little improvements.

#32 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

#33 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

the name is completely fine it sounds very cool honestly!!!!!
The Master of All Birds!!!!!

#34 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Woops I hadnt noticed it was hilighted.

Oh I have common sense. As for sarcsam you cant really do it well over the internet.

Some people just don't have common sense or understand sarcasm.

#35 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Oh well I was talking about "COD baboon". That made me laugh, that's all. Besides, I agree with your post!
Posted Image

#36 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

#37 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ah well glad you agree. There are a few individuals on this site who dont like to agree with me lol. But people who get to know me know I do not like COD at all so if I entertained you then I can guarentee that wont be the last time you find something I say entertaining.

Oh well I was talking about "COD baboon". That made me laugh, that's all. Besides, I agree with your post!

#38 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

I don't get how Wii U is a sexual innuendo. I can understand if it's a joke about firetrucks or taking a piss, but a sexual innuendo. You make it sound like my boss thinks less of me whenever I need to use the toilet.

As for who the Wii U is targeting, I don't believe it's out there to target the hardcore audience. It's out there to target everyone. It's just as much about the multiplayer aspect as it is the single player. We're more than likely to see a lot community based games out on this system (Lego City Stories, for example, would have this in great effect methinks). Nintendo wants the hardcore audience, but they aren't going to sacrifice their casual consumers nor give up on the gamers. They want both in equal amounts.

And I don't believe there is anything wrong with the name. When it was first mentioned, yeah it wasn't sticking, but now it does after many, many months (well, almost a year) of being around.

If anything, a name change at this point would backfire. People might think that Nintendo is desperate, and Sony/Microsoft would, if feeling dirty enough, would exploit it in some way.

Bottom line, I disagree with this topic.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#39 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Oh I have common sense. As for sarcsam you cant really do it well over the internet.

...He included the word "sarcasm" at the end of his post.
Posted Image

#40 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Guys, its a name, get over it! "xbox" wasnt exactly the coolest name...it was a box...with an "x" on it, xbox360 isnt even a circle...but people still bought them and had fun! Gamers dont care about console names, they care about the games on them...SNES wasnt the most original idea after "NES", and its still one of the best consoles of all time...we should give the benefit of doubt this time and see what the system can do for us.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!