• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

I just wish we could all forget this "hardcore" and "casual" division madness.

Edited by Blakexd9, 27 May 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#42 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

Guys, its a name, get over it! "xbox" wasnt exactly the coolest name...it was a box...with an "x" on it, xbox360 isnt even a circle...but people still bought them and had fun! Gamers dont care about console names, they care about the games on them...SNES wasnt the most original idea after "NES", and its still one of the best consoles of all time...we should give the benefit of doubt this time and see what the system can do for us.

Agreed.

#43 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

Amen, Boo, Amen!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#44 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

First of all i have said this before but the new console should simply be called "nintendo" .
This name is universaly known and when ur friends come round all u have to say "anyone wanna play nintendo?" . Simplicity and familiarity.
The worst name ive heard doing the rounds is wii stream! If you live in the uk, a wii or wee is slang for a piss, so wii stream will equal piss stream! Imagine trying to win back gamers with a name like that. Lol still makes me laugh

#45 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Now your just confusing me. Lets just drop this random topic and move on.

...He included the word "sarcasm" at the end of his post.

Wii Stream? Never heard that name before. I had said it should be called the Nintendo Stream before but Wii Stream lol...thats silly.

First of all i have said this before but the new console should simply be called "nintendo" .
This name is universaly known and when ur friends come round all u have to say "anyone wanna play nintendo?" . Simplicity and familiarity.
The worst name ive heard doing the rounds is wii stream! If you live in the uk, a wii or wee is slang for a piss, so wii stream will equal piss stream! Imagine trying to win back gamers with a name like that. Lol still makes me laugh

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#46 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Guys, its a name, get over it! "xbox" wasnt exactly the coolest name...it was a box...with an "x" on it, xbox360 isnt even a circle...but people still bought them and had fun! Gamers dont care about console names, they care about the games on them...SNES wasnt the most original idea after "NES", and its still one of the best consoles of all time...we should give the benefit of doubt this time and see what the system can do for us.

Damn couldnt agree more.
Posted Image

#47 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Well, at least it doesn't sound weird and kinda nasty. Playstation is a stupid name.
Look:
Posted Image
This is a play station.

#48 SilverArrow

SilverArrow

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    PONIES

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

This certainly is something to consider, but Nintendo is way to far in the development and announcement after E3 last year to change it. The biggest problem I see is the first one. It sounds too much like a new Wii, not an entirely new system, which is what they are doing. I originally thought the 3DS was a new DS. Obviously I was wrong, and so were many others, but that's partly Nintendo's fault. The 3DS could have sold better if they named it something more original and did a better job of portraying it as completely different, while remaining some what similar. That could easily happen with the Wii U as well, but they are too far in the change it now.
Posted Image

#49 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Now your just confusing me. Lets just drop this random topic and move on.

Go back and look at the post where he said that Nintendo should change their name. At the very end of it, he has an arrow pointing toward the text, with the word "sarcasm" after it, indicating that he is being sarcastic, and he doesn't really want them to change their name. Get it now?
Posted Image

#50 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Oh...then I take back what I said an apologize to said individual lol.

Go back and look at the post where he said that Nintendo should change their name. At the very end of it, he has an arrow pointing toward the text, with the word "sarcasm" after it, indicating that he is being sarcastic, and he doesn't really want them to change their name. Get it now?

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!