#41 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

Judging by Nintendo's current financial states it would not be the best move to move forward to next year.
While i do agree that Nintendo deserves a giant face palm for E3 but if they move it till next year devs will likely have lost interest in the WiiU and previous projects in development like Darksiders 2 and Aliens: colonial marines may be cancelled due to the games being released far to late.
Also i do know that Nintendo does have a lot of money but i don't think they can afford to move it to next year.
judging by the the trailers it doesn't seem like much of an improvement from the 360/ps3, lets just hope their next gen consoles will be around about the same.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#42 Vaati

Vaati

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

This is ridiculous, launching Wii U next year would be the worst decision. Wii U is moving Nintendo into HD, it offers a new way to play and some brilliant games at launch pushing the Wii U back closer to the launch of PS4 and the next Xbox would be a big mistake. In the launch window right now we have;

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendoland
Darksiders II
AC III
Batman Arkham City
Prop-100
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Wii Fit U
SiNG
Lego City Undercover
ZombiU
Game& Wario
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Scirbblenauts Unlimited

All in the launch window, and that's not even close to the complete list. And personally there's more games in that list I'd want to play than what was released around the time of the Wii, sure there's no Cooking Mama or Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing but I think I can cope without them for a couple of months.

Edited by Vaati, 06 June 2012 - 06:56 AM.

- 'Let me show you true power!'

#43 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

This really explains my dissapointment IMO.

They just focussed on launch line up, which is ok.... but considering you (Nintendo) were late to HD party, they should have just gone all out on previews of games coming out next year as well.

If they did that instead of focussing 10-20 minutes on stupid NintendoLand then People would buy the Wii U in the first year since we would know what good games are coming.

What's annoying is that only 3 titles from nintendo, and are those 3 titles supposed to occupy us until Winter 2013 for games that are to be announced at E3 2013. It is just bad business.. ok for share prices it isnt, but for the core Nintendo audience it's terrible.

What game do you play from january onwards when you complete those launch titles?

#44 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

They just focussed on launch line up, which is ok.... but considering you (Nintendo) were late to HD party, they should have just gone all out on previews of games coming out next year as well.

If they did that instead of focussing 10-20 minutes on stupid NintendoLand then People would buy the Wii U in the first year since we would know what good games are coming.

What's annoying is that only 3 titles from nintendo, and are those 3 titles supposed to occupy us until Winter 2013 for games that are to be announced at E3 2013. It is just bad business.. ok for share prices it isnt, but for the core Nintendo audience it's terrible.

What game do you play from january onwards when you complete those launch titles?

I'm guessing they'll have at least something to announce at TGS 2012 in September, probably to be released in the January - June 2013 timeframe. It seems like investors may have been cracking down hard on all 3 companies this year, which could be the reason for the lackluster showing from the big three's conferences. TGS this year though could be a good time for Nintendo to showcase a Wii U installment of one of their less mainstream or more Japanese-y franchises, something that they might not have felt comfortable showing at E3.

Posted Image

#45 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

No way can I put up with the 360 for an extra year. The Wii U system itself is beast. Game wise is the issues. However we still have those 3 mystery Wii U launch games and Retros game to find out.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#46 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

No way can I put up with the 360 for an extra year. The Wii U system itself is beast. Game wise is the issues. However we still have those 3 mystery Wii U launch games and Retros game to find out.

Retros game is saved for next year.

And what you're saying is that neither Pikmin 3, NSMBU,NintendoLand or any title on the show floor matched the letter lengths?

#47 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

And what you're saying is that neither Pikmin 3, NSMBU,NintendoLand or any title on the show floor matched the letter lengths?

Those are the three games they were hinting at on Facebook. Nin is clinging to some false hope rumors lol.

Edited by 10k, 06 June 2012 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#48 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Retros game is a launch game I wont argue a stupid point. It was said months ago. Or was it launch window...one or the other. Nintendo hasnt scratched those 3 as the games from the Wii U facebook page there fore those were not the 3. They said MYSTERY GAMES Pikmin 3 was known before E3. New Super Mario Bros U was New Super Mario Bros Mii that got a name change so it wasnt a mystery. And Nintendoland isnt a game. Its a software already put on Wii U at launch. It is part of the Miiverse where your Mii plays mini games like Donkey Kong F-Zero and Zelda.

No they arent you idiot. They havent been scratched off form Wii U's facebook page yet.

Those are the three games they were hinting at on Facebook. Nin is clinging to some false hope rumors lol.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 06 June 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#49 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

People need to relax. Nintendo could have shown some things, but thry did not.

Also, the Wii U launch is moving quickly.

A decent game requires at least two years of dedicated staff going to town.

Wii U devs had been working with old hardware for a year. No time to go back and redo everything from scratch on the final system.

I said before, the games on current systems and producers used to current systems will make games much less than the systems potential at first. Much like Halo 3 on 360 and its less than stellar appearance.

Wii U is much more powerful than 360 or PS3 and it will only take a talented developer some time and effort to create real games for the system.

ZombiU is OK. It is exclusive, but obviously, switching gears on the whole premise, character models, assets, etc. results in a rushed game. That's what we are seeing here. It still looks fun. But it isn't an indication of Wii U potential.

I'm interested to see what Team Ninja has after NG3. And Namco...

#50 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Retros game is a launch game I wont argue a stupid point. It was said months ago. Or was it launch window...one or the other. Nintendo hasnt scratched those 3 as the games from the Wii U facebook page there fore those were not the 3. They said MYSTERY GAMES Pikmin 3 was known before E3. New Super Mario Bros U was New Super Mario Bros Mii that got a name change so it wasnt a mystery. And Nintendoland isnt a game. Its a software already put on Wii U at launch. It is part of the Miiverse where your Mii plays mini games like Donkey Kong F-Zero and Zelda.

No they arent you idiot. They havent been scratched off form Wii U's facebook page yet.

Retro has been developing something since November 2010. It has only been 1.5 years. Most studios, especially small ones like retro, take 3 years to develop HD console games. There will be no retro until holiday 2013. Nintendoland is a launch title game, not a pack-in as confirmed at E3.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#51 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Reggie said at their press confrence Nintendoland will be with every Wii U, ready to go from as soon as you start up the Wii U.

Retro has been developing something since November 2010. It has only been 1.5 years. Most studios, especially small ones like retro, take 3 years to develop HD console games. There will be no retro until holiday 2013. Nintendoland is a launch title game, not a pack-in as confirmed at E3.

#52 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

Reggie said at their press confrence Nintendoland will be with every Wii U, ready to go from as soon as you start up the Wii U.

No, he most definitely did not say that.. Anything close was launch date or during the miiverse talk

Posted Image

#53 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

They said it does to the Wii U what Wii Sports did for the Wii.

They official said they don't know if it will be packed in.

Also all devs are hard at work, there work wasn't ready. It took 4 years to release a Standard Def Zelda game. It's a whole new thing with HD and Pikmin still looks like a Wii Game with just HD environments, as with SMBU just without the jaggies.

Nintendo is holding back for next year. They'll say something at TGS or what ever they do in September.

Stop being a naive fanboy.

#54 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

Regarding the release date:

Alright, so the guy says 'I THINK its going to release around November".

(This may not be the best place to post this, but I couldn't find anything better than this thread.)

#55 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

I understand why people aren't happy with Nintendo's E3 preformance. It wasn't very good. But there are a lot of good launch window games coming out.

Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bro U, Pikman 3, Wii Fit U, Wii U Panorama View, SiNG, LEGO City: Undercover, Project P-100, Game & Wario, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Ninja Daiden 3, Darksiders 2, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, Mass Effect 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Trine 2, TANK! TANK! TANK!, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, ZombiU, Raymen Legends, Just Dance 4, Assassins Creed 3, Sports Connection, Avengers: Battle for Earth, Rabbids Land, Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013.

I put the games that are "hardcore" in bold. Thats 17 good games you can choose from. Sure, no Zelda, no Metroid, no SSBro's, but still seventeen good games. And most of the games are from third parties, too. So we have third party support, we have mature titles to choose from, and we have some really good first party titles too (Project P-100 looks cool). So I don't get why the doom and gloom at launch.

And Nintendo is publishing nine games. Sure, some are Wii Fit U and mini game collections, but Mario, pikman, project p-100, and Lego city all look good. All published by Nintendo.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#56 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

I put the games that are "hardcore" in bold. Thats 17 good games you can choose from. Sure, no Zelda, no Metroid, no SSBro's, but still seventeen good games. And most of the games are from third parties, too. So we have third party support, we have mature titles to choose from, and we have some really good first party titles too (Project P-100 looks cool). So I don't get why the doom and gloom at launch.

What are Nintendo Land and Mario doing bold, while Wario isn't? And you misspelled Pikmin.
Posted Image

#57 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

If the Wii U were to be delayed a year, it would give Nintendo less time to be the only 8th gen console in the market. It's really hard to win the hardcore gamers over, but with the 720 and PS4 inevitably going to be hinted within 2 years, it would be a good idea to release it soon to try to get some of those hardcore gamers now.

That being said, if the Wii U were to be delayed a year, and Microsoft and Sony find next year to be a good idea to unveil their next generation consoles, Nintendo would definitely have a hard time surviving on the market.

Edited by Tom, 07 June 2012 - 02:54 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#58 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

I dont like the wario game, thats why. And ill fix that when I get on my computer again. Oops.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#59 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Just curious, are you the guy who I saw get into a comment section arguement about this on one of gguru1's videos on youtube?

#60 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

If the Wii U were to be delayed a year, it would give Nintendo less time to be the only 8th gen console in the market. It's really hard to win the hardcore gamers over, but with the 720 and PS4 inevitably going to be hinted within 2 years, it would be a good idea to release it soon to try to get some of those hardcore gamers now.

That being said, if the Wii U were to be delayed a year, and Microsoft and Sony find next year to be a good idea to unveil their next generation consoles, Nintendo would definitely have a hard time surviving on the market.

Your idea only works if hardcore gamers have any interest in the Wii U to begin with. After this E3, they don't.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!