Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

http://mynintendonew...ed-by-nintendo/
Which is disappointing as you should get messages instantly and it should not take 30 mins because of filtering and stuff

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 07 June 2012 - 01:36 PM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Then how do you instantly get help? Then the whole point of MiiVerse becomes obsolete. IT's stupid to moderate for 30 minutes. 2 minutes max and you just have a defined prohibited list of words etc.

#3 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

POPULAR

I think it should be a user or parental setting IMO. I can see the use for younger children, but for everyone else, I think we prefer more instantaneous updates.
Posted Image

#4 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think it should be a user or parental setting IMO. I can see the use for younger children, but for everyone else, I think we prefer more instantaneous updates.

That's a good simple solution I can't see why the brains of nintendo can't think of that

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

This is stupid. I can see them doing this at launch. Then fans getting angry, and then them trying to come up with a better way to do this. It makes no logistical sense to make everyone wait 30 minutes for a freaking message. Plus I doubt they have the man power to read the thousands of messages that will be sent ever day.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Wait, I'm confused, does it take 30 minutes to get the message, or to get online as a whole?
Posted Image

#7 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Wait, I'm confused, does it take 30 minutes to get the message, or to get online as a whole?

30 minutes to post a public MiiVerse message. Normal friend to friend messaging is still normal.

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Exactly... Did they forget how many Wiis they sold in the US? Do they really want to sift through over 40million messages daily? It should just have a (optional) word filter and a report button on the message. They dug themselves into this mess and I knew it as soon as I saw that you can get random statuses from people you don't even know in the Miiverse.
Maybe they'll section it off somehow and only heavily filter the "public" statuses, and for the messageboards have one for friends that isn't moderated? :/ I don't know.
Posted Image

#9 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

POPULAR

This wouldn't be necessary if people weren't so gross and pathetic. I hereby blame society for this problem.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

terrible, that's dumb.

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

No. That is just wrong! If I am having a conversation, I am not going to wait 30 minutes for a message.

#12 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

If i wanna say "Hey all you *****'s who wants to play some ******* ****ing mario, I'm gonna take my ****ing koopa shell and shove it right up bowsers ***** ***** ***!!!"
and then illustrate a graphic picture further explaining my comment i should be allowed to, this is communism at its finest!!!...... im very disappointed in you Nintendo :P :P

#13 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

that seems ok for random mii's
but your friends should be able to bypass this system, so they're messages are always instant
:laugh:

#14 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

that seems ok for random mii's
but your friends should be able to bypass this system, so they're messages are always instant

That is exactly right. I like that idea actually.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

As uh20 mentioned, for randoms (Good), for friends (Bad).

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

My hype for Miiverse just went down to a way lower level than what I felt after Direct. Ugh.
No sig.

#17 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

As long as friend to friend messaging is instant. I don't mind. My comments to the worlds at large won't be as important anyway. But the age seeing idea is good.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#18 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

30 minutes to post a public MiiVerse message. Normal friend to friend messaging is still normal.

This.

Posted Image

#19 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Well, he didn't say that it would affect direct messages, only the ones that are available to everyone, and parental settings don't help when most parents obviously ignore them (i.e. this generations xbox kids).

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hey people I don't think you totally get this (if I'm wrong, then I am the one that didnt get it :) ). Friend to friend posting is fast and won't take 30 minutes to get sent. For the the Miiverse though, it would take 30 minutes. Anyway, you don't know who posted that message, so do you care about when it was written? You get an endless feed from people you don't know so it doesnt matter.
Also, don't forget that Nintendo is the first to introduce this concept in the gaming world, so who knows if its a bad idea? I mean, did you think of all the problems that can have Nintendo if they don't do that?
For example, lets say a dad buys a Wii U to his 7 years old child. The kid goes online without his dad's permission and sees a message like: "If you read that message you'll die in 7 days". The kid freaks out and is so shocked that he cant sleep for a month. Then the dad sues Nintendo for not moderating miiverse and wins because Nintendo didn't show any terms and conditions. Do you think Nintendo wants to lose money? I dont think so. I think every new console would do that.

Then how do you instantly get help? Then the whole point of MiiVerse becomes obsolete. IT's stupid to moderate for 30 minutes. 2 minutes max and you just have a defined prohibited list of words etc.

You probably are not the only one to ask the question so it doesn't matter. And actually, do you expect anyway to have an instant answer from random people in the world? By the way, it made me think of something. They could make for each game a private in-game chat that would bypass the rule.

This wouldn't be necessary if people weren't so gross and pathetic. I hereby blame society for this problem.

So do I.

No. That is just wrong! If I am having a conversation, I am not going to wait 30 minutes for a message.

Hey friends bypass the rule. You would be able to chat on the Wii U. The thing that defines chatting is that its fast. No way they implement this to chat.

As long as friend to friend messaging is instant. I don't mind. My comments to the worlds at large won't be as important anyway. But the age seeing idea is good.

This

This

Edited by Alianjaro, 07 June 2012 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!