Photo

Worst Conference

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst Conference (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree?

1. No (26 votes [55.32%])

Percentage of vote: 55.32%

2. Yes (14 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

3. Absolutely Not! (7 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

"With the return of the plastic Balance Board and nothing but sequels and prequels, not even Nintendo Reggie could keep us entertained at this year's E3..."
Let’s not beat around the bush. Nintendo’s E3 press conference was abys...

http://www.sabotaget...-worst-e3-ever/

What do you think about this?

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

No, not the worst.

#3 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

well with project p-100 it looks good and its new we had 2 new titles for the console at least it can run unreal engine so really the vita did not get a price reduction and mirosoft just cares about apps for the xbox and ps3 made me tired the only thing was ubisoft won the show so there is my point

#4 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

well with project p-100 it looks good and its new we had 2 new titles for the console at least it can run unreal engine so really the vita did not get a price reduction and mirosoft just cares about apps for the xbox and ps3 made me tired the only thing was ubisoft won the show so there is my point

We're talking about conferences, P100 was after the conference it does not count. It was poorly laid out, You had Pikmin and expected more but it just tanked after that. We got a game that was announced for Wii back in 2008, A un jaggied 2D Mario and a mini game collection to end with.

How was that not the worst, considering how much last year they said it was the Wii for U, but still focus on the casual Wii Fit crowd that no longer exists/deminished in size.

Nintendo had E3 but they blew it. There conference was a mess. Next year is where there true games were but we expected good first party, not just Pikmin which has been talked about for 4 years.

It was just stupid of Nintendo to let it slip like that, all they needed were one or two trailers for a big first party game.

#5 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

you dont now how to make a game it takes years to polish and make it the best why dont you think bioshock infinite did not get released because they want to surprise you thats why ubisoft was the best out of all with more games and watch dogs witch they are saying my be come to the wii after the dust has settled i have a friend going in to this field it costs her alot of money to go to college for it think before you talk ya i would of thiked p 100 to be there it would of helped but is done and over with now

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

Definitely NOT the worse. 2008 was much more shocking, so shocking in fact that I felt embarrassed to be a Nintendo fan for a couple of days, and I've never had that feeling.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

you dont now how to make a game it takes years to polish and make it the best why dont you think bioshock infinite did not get released because they want to surprise you thats why ubisoft was the best out of all with more games and watch dogs witch they are saying my be come to the wii after the dust has settled i have a friend going in to this field it costs her alot of money to go to college for it think before you talk ya i would of thiked p 100 to be there it would of helped but is done and over with now

Games take years to polish, I'm an amateur programmer I know how much time it really takes to make anything. The problem isn't that these games took too long there's a lot of unanswered questions.

1. Nintendo says they're trying to get back their core consumers, HD consoles and all there teams are capable of bringing great games. They were to show everyone that this was a Wii for us, the core gamers.

2. On Sunday they really lured us in when Iwata said Wii U software will be shown at their main conference. Everyone thought Nintendo had something great.

3. They show of Pikmin, the problem is that. They showed off Pikmin a game that we have been waiting for years and since that's literally the first thing out of the bag, we thought they would just keep moving on with core games. You know like in 2010, game after game after game.

4. Then they go all casual at the tail end of the conference. Now they said a Wii for us, that means heavy focus on the games for the core, less for the casual. First and last moments stay, so what they showed first and what they showed at the end were complete contrasts.

5.Was that it? Is that all the Wii U has? The message most people got was it's still a Wii, but in HD with gimmicks.

Now this is how it should have went.
Here's Pikmin, then the hardware stuff etc, then third parties, Batman, AC, Zombi U and P100 and ME3. Then come back sneak in Mario, not playing it up but just say like, it's still a Nintendo System and you guys need a Mario. Then show a few casual things 5 mins top, then go here's two games in dev by our teams that aren't ready yet for release but will be later on next year, you know pull an E3 2009 moment. Then introduce NintendoLand and present it properly.

The layout of the conference was worse than Microsoft, Microsoft at least had more core games.

Also my next point, Nintendo was also meant to impress other console owners, Why should they buy a Wii U for AC ME3 and Batman when either they played it already or they'll buy it on their console and they see the rest as a gimmick.

The problem is after actually looking at the games, they look good but during the conference they really didnt stand out.

We know the core stuff is next year but if they teased it then it would have been a better conference.

Definitely NOT the worse. 2008 was much more shocking, so shocking in fact that I felt embarrassed to be a Nintendo fan for a couple of days, and I've never had that feeling.

Not as bad as the 08 one but at least 08 one was embarassingly funny, this conference was a troll.

Meme time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Launch line up is fine, the conference was attrocious.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 07 June 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#8 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

It wasn't the worst, 2008 has that covered, or the one where the focus was on GBA-Gamecube compatability. The only problem this year is that we don't really know anything more about the Wii U this year, then we did last year... Sure, we learned about a few new games, but none of these will get the market Nintendo needs. Mario and Pikmin will be great, but we already knew these were coming. We needed one trailer for something like Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox or F-Zero. It didn't help that there was no new 3DS games either (from Nintendo).
Bring the noise.

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

When I watched it, I thourght it was terrible. But now I look back at it, it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. The Wii U launch line up is fantastic!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

I agree that they should have given something of a sneak preview into one of their me core titles. Seeing as they're just closing off zelda's 25 anniversary I was so disjointed to heart 0 news on that front. Especially cause they hinted via swapnote on 3ds that more loz is coming. I like Mario, but not so much that I want to bug 3 our 4 nearly identical Mario games back to back for my nintendo consoles. One less Mario promotion may have made room for a trailer for a game we all want. Like metroid. All that said, e3 isn't over yet. Cmon nintendo, make us eat our words.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#11 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

2003 and 2008 where bad years, 2012 was better but not amazing.

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

defiantly not the worst conference but it wasn't close to being the best either

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Konami 2010-Best conference ever!

#14 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

While I agree that the 2003 and 2008 press conferences were worse, there was still no room for excuses for this year. It was time for Nintendo to truly unveil their new console and explain what it is, after waiting a full year since the initial reveal, but they failed to do so. The disappointing press conference has cast a dark cloud over the Wii U's prospects at the moment, and you can see it with the disappointed investors and the dozens of negative press. However, what happens at E3 is temporary and tends to be very chaotic. Once this rather benign edition of the event is over, I hope Nintendo manages clarify more and the press and investors are able to put the console more into perspective. The fact that Nintendo botched their conference really makes me doubt this, but I will be cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Biohazard, 07 June 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#15 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

If this was any other years conference it wouldve been a fine conference, but to have one like this at such a crucial point for Nintendo with the Wii U launch approaching it was unexceptable

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

This is the worst E3 conference I've ever watched.

They had so many options to choose from, a stronger focus on ZombiU, Assassin's Creed III and Aliens: Colonial Marines would've really stepped it up. They should've had a Gearbox representative come up, considering how high their appraisal for the system is. Sure, I don't mind them showing Wii Fit U (that singing one was a bit.... meh).

It was a shocker. Straight up shocker. It didn't help to sell the system that much, which in it's basest, productive form is what E3 is about.
Reggie needs to lose the pro-show and swap it back to the cool-show. They need to start with a high, which is what they did, but they need to end with a stronger high to close the show.

And the 3DS is dead to me, so I don't see a point in watching that conference. Nintendo had the killer edge this year... and decided to leave it in the dryer.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Nintendo's conference was good, not amazing like 2010, or great like 2011, but I'd give the Wii U conference a 7/10, and the 3DS conference a 9/10.

Overall 7.5/10 - Not spectacular, but not dull either, just good.

I can understand why others are upset about the conferences, but I'm happy with the games that are coming out for the Wii U and the 3DS.

Just wish they talked more about games like Ninja Gaiden 3 or Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Besides Pikmin 3, ZombiU and NSMBU, I'm really interested in those two games.

Edited by SDDMN, 07 June 2012 - 08:18 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#18 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

I'd give the conference a 5/10 and even as I type this I'm thinking I should lower that. It keeps from getting an F- from me because of New Super Mario Bros. U, which is one of 3 games I'd buy at launch if I still decide to try to pre-order it at some point.

Even if Nintendo did have to pander to shareholders as some have theorized, they easily could've found a way to hit a couple of the hype points that people were dying to hear something about.

Here's the thing, if Nintendo was just keeping it's cards close to its chest for the time being, then maybe I give the conference the benefit of the doubt and bump up my rating to a 7. But my gut for some reason is telling me they don't have any more big cards to play, and even then it's not their fault they didn't show anything more that they didn't have in the first place. But then your overall rating for Nintendo just goes in the tank. Nothing really on graphics, not enough on launch games for me, no price, no release date (I know we were told about that beforehand), not enough focus on why hardcore gamers will care about the gamepad.

Ahhh, the Gamepad. Here's why Nintendo's conference gets blasted, in my opinion. They didn't sell the hardcore on the Gamepad. The hardcore went in wanting to be sold, wanting to want this console. I know I did. By not addressing virtually any of the hardcores' questions/curiosities, they killed themselves at the conference. Personally, I'm struggling to see how I wouldn't use a Pro Controller 95% of the time as opposed to the Gamepad. I have serious doubts that most games will use it for more than map/inventory screens, in which case I'd actually say its a step back from the way things are now. What's the benefit? You still have to "pause" your actions on your TV to look at the gamepad while navigating an inventory screen or selecting a spot to fast travel on a map. But now, instead of just looking at one screen, you have to go back and forth between two screens? If only there were a way you could just just look at everything on the same screen, now THAT would be innovative...wait...

Lol, I know I sound like a douche, I'm just so massively disappointed with what I saw at E3. I want so bad to pre-order this system, but when the reveal of the Pro Controller is the most exciting thing you've seen, and the reason is because it makes the gameplay experience as close to the 360/PS3 as possible, you have to question whether the cost/play value is going to justify itself.

I haven't jumped off the fence yet, but it's getting harder to stay on. Still waiting, hoping that Nintendo has one last card up it's sleeve.

Edited by JaylisJayP, 07 June 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#19 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

I was reading some old threads about what wii u games people wanted. Some of these threads were from almost a year ago. It was bizarre to see how many of the games being asked for were just announced. I was surprised to see pikman 3 in most people's lists. New super Mario bros was there too. Many of the games that everyone is upset about now are the games y'all were asking for last year when you first heard about wii u. I get the disappointment. I personally didn't ask for those games... or want them. But as a newcomer to this blog it seems clear many of you did...until, anyway, they were announced. Then suddenly the very games you said "would be cool" aren't hardcore enough. I think that if nintendo had announced just one more game wed all be saying how great that conference was. If they'd announced metroid or Zelda wed be happy, but now that I think about it I don't want them launching with one of my favorites. I want them to take time on those titles.
We were all a little disappointed but in the end I have to admit they really did put out exactly what people were asking for.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#20 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

Not the worst by any means. That title still goes to 2008. Most dissapointing though? Definitely, considering how much EVERYONE including Nintendo to some degree was hyping it up.

I just hope this means we get an absolutely kick-ass conference next year. We all know games like Zelda, 3D Mario, Starfox, SSB4, possibly even F-Zero are in development. Nintendo's just not showing it yet. I don't want to come across as a desperate fanboy here, but maybe Nintendo has a greater plan here that we're not seeing? With either PS4, Xbox 720 or maybe even both being unveiled at E3 2013, Wii U is going to need a REALLY strong line-up just to even compete with them. Maybe Nintendo's plan is to hold back their hard hitting games until next year, so that they can generate enough buzz to keep the Wii U relevant amongst the showing of other next-gen consoles.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!