• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

From what ive seen so far i think its fair to say nintendo has made a beast of a console. AC3 and Aliens CM look freekin amazing and just think how good they will be in 3-5 years time! Are u guys happy or not with the wii u's capabilities so far?

Edited by djlewe78, 07 June 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

It's hard to say right now. Put it like this not one game that was shown at E3 is making the wii u sweat. Ac3 does look very good. And to me even though some say otherwise it looks better than the version they showed at the ubisoft conference. There are some parts of the zombiu demo that look really good and other parts that look like a normal early gen 360 game. All in all I know I will be happy with the wiiu from a tech standpoint. We just have to wait for the developers to really put the machine to work.

Edited by TRON, 07 June 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

It sure looks great!

#4 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Nintendo convinced me with the tech demo @E3 2011.

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm really happy with the graphics. Next gen for sure.
Posted Image

#6 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

I'm not seeing how these graphics look next gen especially after what I've seen from ps3. Now I know developers still need to learn how to make games optimised for wii u but I'm not seeing anything truly next gen yet.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm not seeing how these graphics look next gen especially after what I've seen from ps3. Now I know developers still need to learn how to make games optimised for wii u but I'm not seeing anything truly next gen yet.

Yeah at this E3 which is sad... But believe me the Zelda hd demo was next gen.... Meaning couldn't run on ps360.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

From what ive seen so far i think its fair to say nintendo has made a beast of a console. AC3 and Aliens CM look freekin amazing and just think how good they will be in 3-5 years time! Are u guys happy or not with the wii u's capabilities so far?

Uhm, there's nothing amazing about them because they look just the same as the PS360 versions, which are last gen. So to answer your question: no. Not at all.

Aside from the Zelda HD demo, which is amazing, though I doubt if it will still be amazing when other next-gen consoles are released.
No sig.

#9 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

I heard something that there were no graphical bump in Assassin's Creed though from PS360.

Edited by Hinkik, 07 June 2012 - 11:50 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#10 StarFoxWiiU1

StarFoxWiiU1

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

I'm really happy about the graphics! Can't wait for the console.:)

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Uhm, there's nothing amazing about them because they look just the same as the PS360 versions, which are last gen. So to answer your question: no. Not at all.

Aside from the Zelda HD demo, which is amazing, though I doubt if it will still be amazing when other next-gen consoles are released.

In Aliens Gearbox did the full WiiU version.

#12 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Seeing games like Beyond, Watch Dogs and The Last of Us - I'm not too sure.

Posted Image

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Early games looking pretty similar to end of life games? :o

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

I am impressed with the grapbics. Honestly, Nintendo's machine is pretty powerful.

And why do people think a year is going to be a huge jump in power? Or is it that people think the Wii U has the same tech as the Xbox 360? Well, current gen couldn't handle Zelda HD. Current gen couldnt stream to two screens without loosing power (the Wii U can have a max of three screens). And the Wii U can actually do 1080p graphics, natively, unlike the currebt generation.

So yeah. I am impressed. I hoped to an exclusive with amazing graphics, which didn't happen.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Early games looking pretty similar to end of life games? :o

i have to agree with nollog. Though im skeptical about the actual power of the wii u, i have to admit that most games looked similar when the xbox360 first came out to.

Then again its been about 6 years compared to the xbox to xbox 360 which didnt take as long if i recall correctly

#16 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

Either way, people forget that in this day and age, developers can push hardware much further than you'd expect. That's how the 360 and PS3 have lasted so long. Through lots of little tricks and work-arounds, even state-of-the-art PC games like Battlefield 3 or Crysis 3 are able to be downscaled to console level. And if you want a more Nintendo-relevant example, Super Mario Galaxy came out in 2007. One year after the Wii's launch. And it looks better than, as far as I'm aware, EVERY Wii game that was released in the year prior to it. So good infact that it looks comparable or better than many Xbox 360 games.

So, keeping that in mind, the Wii U is likely capable of more than you think it is, with the right tweaks and adjustments made. Just wait until we see what devs like Retro, Monolith, the 3D Mario team, the Zelda team, etc. have in store for us. As amazing a man Miyamoto is when it comes to making games, one thing he isn't too bothered about is graphics. So it's not surprising that Pikmin 3, a former Wii game too, isn't pushing any boundaries in that regard.

Edited by Deadly Virus, 07 June 2012 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image

#17 I4got2pullout999

I4got2pullout999

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yeah I just saw trine 2 for the wii u and that game is gorgeous!!

#18 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I guess the question is, What is next gen? I hope you realize that all next gen systems will only show HD, so realistically, the system specs aren't the only thing that can show "next gen" graphics. Unlike in earlier Generations, there isn't really something new. This means that a lot of the weight is put on devs, forcing them to come up with new engines. Even so, time and time again, we get all these new engines that make minor improvements, and invariably we get these people that say "Wow, that's cool". Sadly, at the end of the day, not much changes. To be honest, I wouldn't expect "Next gen graphics" until at the earliest the end of the 8th generation.
As for the zelda tech demo, that was cool and all, but I think some people were over reacting to it because it had Link and a large spider in it :P
(Side note: Initially wanted to put big(insert obvious curse word here), but opted not to. Anyone confirm if that's allowed, since it wasn't mentioned in the rules?)

Edited by andodel, 07 June 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#19 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I guess the question is, What is next gen? I hope you realize that all next gen systems will only show HD, so realistically, the system specs aren't the only thing that can show "next gen" graphics. Unlike in earlier Generations, there isn't really something new. This means that a lot of the weight is put on devs, forcing them to come up with new engines. Even so, time and time again, we get all these new engines that make minor improvements, and invariably we get these people that say "Wow, that's cool". Sadly, at the end of the day, not much changes. To be honest, I wouldn't expect "Next gen graphics" until at the earliest the end of the 8th generation.
As for the zelda tech demo, that was cool and all, but I think some people were over reacting to it because it had Link and a large spider in it :P
(Side note: Initially wanted to put big(insert obvious curse word here), but opted not to. Anyone confirm if that's allowed, since it wasn't mentioned in the rules?)

Next gen graphics are already being shown on the pc which is what this gen(wii u ps4 xbox 360) will be doing in the next year.

and the only curse words allowed on this site is damn, and hell

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Next gen graphics are already being shown on the pc which is what this gen(wii u ps4 xbox 360) will be doing in the next year.

and the only curse words allowed on this site is damn, and hell

not true I don't want to list them though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!