#21 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

not true I don't want to list them though.

Yeah, crap is also allowed, according to the forum rules.

"Yes, this is agent andodel to base. Topic successfully derailed, I repeat, topic successfully derailed".

As for your comment on next gen PC graphics, that's not really true. While all games can look better on a PC, they aren't so much better to elicit the term "next gen", in my opinion anyways. Oh well, to each there own I guess.

Edited by andodel, 07 June 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#22 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

i have trouble considering hell and damn curse words let alone crap but yea i guess everyone is different.

anyway back on topic next gen is used to declare game's that are not currently possible to port to system's from a PC without sacrificing many features.

For instance watch dogs and star wars 1313 those games are clearly going to lose various graphical features as well as feature worse psychics when they are ported to 360 and PS3 because these systems are old compared to a next gen system Wii u.

and honestly what i'm about to say next is contradictory to my previous statement but regardless of the graphics the Wii u is a true next gen console purely by definition of succeeding the last generation.

#23 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

I guess we can't fully set our decisions onto stone until we get those hardware details, aye?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#24 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

If you people think the jump this gen from 360/PS3 to Wii U/PS4/720 (Obviously not talking about Wii to Wii U lol) then your in for a shock.

Sure it will look better but not by as much as you are hoping for.

Also I really don't see how Mario and other Cartoony type games can even get THAT much better graphics to be honest, sure it can look crisper and smoother but it will never be realistic (not that they are trying to make it look realistic)

Wait til we see the Zeldas and Metroids, and also GTA's and other third party games.

#25 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

If you people think the jump this gen from 360/PS3 to Wii U/PS4/720 (Obviously not talking about Wii to Wii U lol) then your in for a shock.

Sure it will look better but not by as much as you are hoping for.

Also I really don't see how Mario and other Cartoony type games can even get THAT much better graphics to be honest, sure it can look crisper and smoother but it will never be realistic (not that they are trying to make it look realistic)

Wait til we see the Zeldas and Metroids, and also GTA's and other third party games.

Good graphics and realistic themed graphics is not the same thing. The only way they could improve graphics for a mario game isnt by adding texture, but by making everything smoother, as you said.
Posted Image

#26 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

seriously everybody says this at the beginning of a new generation and are thoroughly proved wrong each time.

The jump will be the same just as it always has been.

Prime example watch dogs which is rumored to be coming to the Wii u and likely future hardware. That is a game which is well beyond the graphical capabilities of the previous generation and it has just begun. People are expecting to be blown away and they should expect it.

#27 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

seriously everybody says this at the beginning of a new generation and are thoroughly proved wrong each time.

Prime example watch dogs which is rumored to be coming to the Wii u and likely future hardware. That is a game which is well beyond the graphical capabilities of the previous generation and it has just begun. People are expecting to be blown away and they should expect it.

Just like you expected to be blown away at Nintendo's Press Conference.

LordPickleton.png

#28 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Just like you expected to be blown away at Nintendo's Press Conference.

i was expecting to have a proper show which they pretty much failed to do, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't amazing either.

They had complete control they could have done anything and they choose to take that route.

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

I don't know what you're on about. Watch Dog has been in development for two years and was demonstrated on a PS3 at Ubisoft's press conference. I'd say those are pretty good graphics for you seem to call last gen technology.

#30 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

I don't know what you're on about. Watch Dog has been in development for two years and was demonstrated on a PS3 at Ubisoft's press conference. I'd say those are pretty good graphics for you seem to call last gen technology.

watch dog's was being run on a high end pc, i dont know who told you it was running on ps3.

#31 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

watch dog's was being run on a high end pc, i dont know who told you it was running on ps3.

They were using a PS3 controller. If it was being run on a high spec PC then they would have been using an Xbox controller if not a mouse and keyboard. PS3 controllers are never used to demo PC games.

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

They were using a PS3 controller. If it was being run on a high spec PC then they would have been using an Xbox controller if not a mouse and keyboard. PS3 controllers are never used to demo PC games.

Lol that was a PC gamepad if only I could have bet you.

http://www.joystiq.c...-producer-says/

#33 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

like i said it was being run on a pc.

#34 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

In Aliens Gearbox did the full WiiU version.

But did we see footage of that version? I only saw a glimpse of it in a third party trailer, and I don't know if it was the Wii U version. It looked good for sure, but nothing special.
No sig.

#35 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

But did we see footage of that version? I only saw a glimpse of it in a third party trailer, and I don't know if it was the Wii U version. It looked good for sure, but nothing special.

No, we did not see footage but they took full advantage of the hardware instead of a port.

#36 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

Your not going to see what it can do untill it has a big enough base, porting a game with a few tweaks that takes advantage of the controller is not only a whole lot cheaper but a whole lot safer if it doesn't sell as well as they wanted could they make the games look tons better yeah just throw another year of development and cash on the game and miss the wiiu's launch. Just like Zombiu they could blow your mind with the graphics but that would require more time and money they wan't it as a launch/window title so we get what we get the good looking stuff comes later.

#37 Barneykiller008

Barneykiller008

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

I hope they make a mortal kombat on wiiu in 1080p and not a multiplat it should be a wiiu exclusive so it takes advantage of everything the wiiu has

#38 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

I still don't get the hype for that game. I personally am actually really looking forward to it for its gameplay, but seemingly everybody else only talks about its graphics. The graphics don't really look all that different from what we've seen it other games, just maybe a little better. No game has really wowed me in graphics (or story) more so than Heavy Rain, and I expect Beyond will be the next to do so.
I just don't believe we will see any major graphical jump immediately. Unlike in the first few generations of gaming, we just sort of inch along in terms of graphics. New game engines are always being made that make minor improvements, but in reality, I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to truly appreciate the differences without a side by side view.

#39 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

No, we did not see footage but they took full advantage of the hardware instead of a port.

Good to know. Wasn't it almost on par with pc version?
No sig.

#40 TheAmazingXemo

TheAmazingXemo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

I think the Wii U graphics are impressive just for the simple fact of the size of the console! I dunno about you guys, but I was pretty impressed by how tiny the Wii was when it came out, and the visual fidelity it was able to produce, but the Wii U is taking what is rumored to be a similar/beefier 360 CPU/GPU configuration and putting it in a very small, minimalistic, attractive form factor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!