20 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=178818

"Nintendo was originally planning the big reveal of Retro Studios' new game at the end of their press conference, but in the last minute Retro decided that "it wasn't ready."

WHY RETRO WHY!?, THIS IS WHAT NINTENDO NEEDED FOR WII U AT THERE CONFERENCE :'(

At least this pretty much confirms it will be at E3 2013.

#2 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

I understand it may have been in very early beta to be seen by a public audience, but at least confirmation would have probably made the conference that much better. The game is probably one of the mysterious three Facebook titles to be revealed.

e674231265.jpg

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

This will just add to the suspense and excitement for what they are creating :P

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

This makes me feel better.

#5 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

They didn't wan't to unveil the game they where making and have people wait 2 possibly 3 years to get it. A lot of gamer's would just complain about it not being released soon enough. Confirming SSB4 last year was a huge mistake and they know it.

#6 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

They could have at least made an announcement, but not show gameplay.

#7 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

They didn't wan't to unveil the game they where making and have people wait 2 possibly 3 years to get it. A lot of gamer's would just complain about it not being released soon enough. Confirming SSB4 last year was a huge mistake and they know it.

I would rather be mad at Nintendo for not releasing a game on time than for not telling me it was coming. I could find other games to bide my time until then. The same situation is true with my 3DS right now. I was the fifth person at my gamestop to buy a 3DS on launch night and I bought it to play pokemon. I just look at that wait time as exploring other gaming options. for instance, I will be picking up my first kingdom hearts game ever in a few months, and Heroes of Ruin looks like a great way to rehash my time spent on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (though I actually just played that game yesterday. Still looks beautiful).

Edited by lucario23, 07 June 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#8 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

This makes the end of Nintendo's E3 conference make so much more sense now.

#9 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

I would rather be mad at Nintendo for not releasing a game on time than for not telling me it was coming. I could find other games to bide my time until then. The same situation is true with my 3DS right now. I was the fifth person at my gamestop to buy a 3DS on launch night and I bought it to play pokemon. I just look at that wait time as exploring other gaming options. for instance, I will be picking up my first kingdom hearts game ever in a few months, and Heroes of Ruin looks like a great way to rehash my time spent on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (though I actually just played that game yesterday. Still looks beautiful).

Well that's you, and I'm sure many other, but that's not me I would rather not know seriously I don't want to know. In similar situations when there was a game I knew about and I knew it would takes years I honestly didn't care about any other game I wanted to play that one and only that one. Simply because it was the only game that interested me, it made me frustrated not being able to play it. If I don't know about it I can actually focus on other games not knowing there is something better then that on the way. Out of sight out of mind, now you can say that's just part of being impatient or what have you but it's not as easy for some people, take that into consideration. They need to sell other games they are making as well, if they showed all the big guns that wouldn't work to their advantage. They showed a couple of big games maybe not what you wanted to see but it's not about you, there will be bigger games and you know it it's Nintendo for crying out loud. The games they showed might not appeal to you but they do to others, Also 3rd party support is obviously really important right now so they promote that more then their own games because there is a already known market for their own games. I'm no fan boy I'll defend any company that's being bashed more then it deserves to be I do on a regular basis, but as you all know this is my personal opinion (because on the internet you have to state that these days).

#10 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Calm down guys. Retro knows what they're doing here. Just wait, this game is going to be amazing no matter what it is, I still think it's going to blow us all away when we see it. ;)

Posted Image

#11 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm feeling very negative Ned today, but that sounds like Nintendo leaking false info to cover their arse.

#12 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm feeling very negative Ned today, but that sounds like Nintendo leaking false info to cover their arse.

That IS very negative of you, Figgy McFiggington.

Edited by Zebra, 07 June 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#13 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

That IS very negative of you, Figgy McFiggington.

lol, I hope I'm wrong.

#14 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Confirming SSB4 last year was a huge mistake and they know it.

Bingo, that's why Iwata was nowhere to be found at the conference. Since we know their game is not launch window, unveiling it this early may have been the same mistake.

Edited by SpacePope, 08 June 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#15 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

Good news, the retro game would have made it a great conference, it would be enough to just push it from good to great for me. Obviously Nintendo planned for E3 with this game in mind and then when they pulled out at the last minute they were stuck with Nintendo Land and their other titles so it makes sense.

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Well, I was half right. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Anyway if we had been lucky we would've only seen a teaser or a trailer. For me, knowing it's in the works is already enough.
Posted Image

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

I'm sadden we didn't get to see it. This one hasn't would have changed a lot of hurt hearts.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 JackAspen

JackAspen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Super Smash Bros

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

IF this is true, IF (It doesn't seem to have a lot of backing, but does sort of make sense) I think it's a good sign no matter what. If nintendo was planning on showing it, it has to be pretty far along. Just because they didn't announce it this E3, doesn't mean it has to be announced at the next one. I am pretty sure they are going to have some more Nintendo Directs before the launch of the Wii U. They coul announce it for launch which isn't likely, but at least announce it.

#20 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

IF this is true, IF (It doesn't seem to have a lot of backing, but does sort of make sense) I think it's a good sign no matter what. If nintendo was planning on showing it, it has to be pretty far along. Just because they didn't announce it this E3, doesn't mean it has to be announced at the next one. I am pretty sure they are going to have some more Nintendo Directs before the launch of the Wii U. They coul announce it for launch which isn't likely, but at least announce it.

We still haven't seen 2 u gamepads in action yet. Reggie promised that we would see that soon. Hopefully Retro is ready with their announcement at this time also!

Edited by lucario23, 08 June 2012 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!