Photo

Wiiu Cpu just as powerful as the ps3-360 and its Gpu 1.5 x stronger? (Please no)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

http://www.insidegam...-gpu-is-sterker
well I can't say how reliable this site is but they say they got that information from a member of Asscreed team from ubisoft.

#2 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

With his leaks http://thewiiu.com/t...t-specs-leaked/

Yes it is like that, ts not a next gen it is just an update of 360 (what nintendo should release 4 years ago)... Maybe its a rumor and not reality, but the size of the console, proves the opposite, that its weak for today tech.

Edited by Orion, 08 June 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

The size of the console? Last time I checked it was actually pretty long ... With tons of vents to let heat escape. And we havent even seen the whole redesign of the console. For all we know its even longer now with more vents (probably the same though).
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

With his leaks http://thewiiu.com/t...t-specs-leaked/

Yes it is like that, ts not a next gen it is just an update of 360 (what nintendo should release 4 years ago)... Maybe its a rumor and not reality, but the size of the console, proves the opposite, that its weak for today tech.

Size doesn't really have much to do with power these days. My computer is extremely light and smaller than a PS360, and yet is way more powerful.
You really shouldn't believe any of this. Better to wait for specs from Nintendo, or at least from a dev, not from a website that claims it got info from a dev.

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

YES it does, for example they CANT add 1 billion transistor card in there, it will explode... Size does matter. For example when ps3 and 360 released and it was very high tech at that time, they exploded, even if it were twice the wii U size...

It needs lots of space and nice cooling system... what about the height of the console? is it slightly higher than wii??? then its bad... That means passive cooling system, not a big deal... weak gpu.

I dont want to scare people... lol.. it is stronger than 360 and ps3... It can do anything we've seen till to date.. at 720p and at 4xaa... but it cant run 3.9 or 4 version of Unreal engines.. it means that in 1-2 years, it will be outdated. Not a competitor of next gen consoles.. ms and sony

The ideal power for wii U to be able be very strong in the market for 4-5-6 years, was to be with a much stronger gpu, 16 rops, 1080p 4xaa, 640 spus and 64mb video ram... (double gpu power than these leak, 8 rops 320 possibly spus at 720p 4xaa, 32mb of edram) Then yes, it was about to kick ass..

I dont care about the cpu.. its good enough for a console!

Edited by Orion, 08 June 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#6 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

YES it does, for example they CANT add 1 billion transistor card in there, it will explode... Size does matter. For example when ps3 and 360 released and it was very high tech at that time, they exploded, even if it were twice the wii U size...

It needs lots of space and nice cooling system... what about the height of the console? is it slightly higher than wii??? then its bad... That means passive cooling system, not a big deal... weak gpu.

I dont want to scare people... lol.. it is stronger than 360 and ps3... It can do anything we've seen till to date.. at 720p and at 4xaa... but it cant run 3.9 or 4 version of Unreal engines.. it means that in 1-2 years, it will be outdated. Not a competitor of next gen consoles.. ms and sony

The ideal power for wii U to be able be very strong in the market for 4-5-6 years, was to be with a much stronger gpu, 16 rops, 1080p 4xaa, 640 spus and 64mb video ram... (double gpu power than these leak, 8 rops 320 possibly spus at 720p 4xaa, 32mb of edram) Then yes, it was about to kick ass..

I dont care about the cpu.. its good enough for a console!

Woh, calm down there for a second. Your getting all bent out of shape over nothing. Do you really know how big it is? Judging by the specs Nintendo gave, it certainly is bigger than the Wii.
6.8 X 1.8 X 10.5, while the PS3 is 12.8 X 3.8 X 10.8 (WHL). While the PS3 is bigger, its only slightly, and one must realize tech has evolved. That was the original PS3, they've released multiple slim models since that I'm pretty sure are smaller or on par with the U. The Wiiu will be fine, with its dimensions being the least of our problem. Honestly, I'm not even sure if you know what your talking about, what with the mentions of explosions and transistor cards.
We have heard nothing official about whether it can run UE4, although there were rumors saying it could.

Edited by andodel, 08 June 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

Fake in my opinion. Also, remember that Ubisoft said the Wii U would only support one GamePad and they were wrong. This is really unreliable.
Posted Image

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Fake in my opinion. Also, remember that Ubisoft said the Wii U would only support one GamePad and they were wrong. This is really unreliable.

But the spec info that was given was by a developer of Asscreed wouldn't he know the specs of what he was working with.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 08 June 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#9 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

But the spec info that was given was by a developer of Asscreed wouldn't he know the specs of what he was working with.

First of, its Assassins creed :P Second, how do we know it was given by a dev? I could just as easily have sent them an email saying I'm a dev and know everything about Wiiu. Try to keep an open mind to different possibilities, instead of believing everything you read about.

#10 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

First of, its Assassins creed :P Second, how do we know it was given by a dev? I could just as easily have sent them an email saying I'm a dev and know everything about Wiiu. Try to keep an open mind to different possibilities, instead of believing everything you read about.

Asscreed is what the sorten version of Assassin creed is . I said in the start of this topic that I am unsure of the reliability that being said I am keeping my mind open by not just yelling fake at this information considering after this week and what we seen that seems to be the truth in all honesty not a powerhouse of a console but just something slightly more powerful than the 360 and ps3 pretty much the ps3 with a better graphic card. Their no reason to believe information about it having super expensive graphic card and etc than this information.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 08 June 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#11 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Asscreed is what the sorten version of Assassin creed is . I said in the start of this topic that I am unsure of the reliability that being said I am keeping my mind open by not just yelling fake at this information considering after this week and what we seen that seems to be the truth in all honesty not a powerhouse of a console but just something slightly more powerful than the 360 and ps3 pretty much the ps3 with a better graphic card. Their no reason to believe information about it having super expensive graphic card and etc than this information.

Exactly, I'm just saying that you sound like you 100% agree with this. It's quite hard to go off what you see before launch. If we were to do that, then the PS360 consoles would be just glorified PS2/Xbox, since their launch games could've run on those older systems. Considering how good these games look, before the systems launch, I have a pretty good feeling about this console.
Really, Asscreed is a shortened version. Wow, the things kids make up these days. I played AC1/2, but never really went to forums about it, so no surprise I wouldn't know that.

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Woh, calm down there for a second. Your getting all bent out of shape over nothing. Do you really know how big it is? Judging by the specs Nintendo gave, it certainly is bigger than the Wii.
6.8 X 1.8 X 10.5, while the PS3 is 12.8 X 3.8 X 10.8 (WHL). While the PS3 is bigger, its only slightly, and one must realize tech has evolved. That was the original PS3, they've released multiple slim models since that I'm pretty sure are smaller or on par with the U. The Wiiu will be fine, with its dimensions being the least of our problem. Honestly, I'm not even sure if you know what your talking about, what with the mentions of explosions and transistor cards.
We have heard nothing official about whether it can run UE4, although there were rumors saying it could.

exactly, wii u is slightly smaller because it uses a more advanced (shrinked) of the same technology, with a better (1x or 1.5x times better) gpu. Nintendo did that in the past with GC and WII... it was very cheeky... they re branded gamecube hardware with some tweaks and released Wii... there is an official by nintendo officials article, that they say that... It was not new hardware, they just tweaked it and re branded it.. sold it twice the price.. hahahaha cheeky...

Edited by Orion, 08 June 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#13 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

Where do you get off on saying that it would be so weak when we don't even know how powerful the 3DS is? Unless you hear from Nintendo itself saying "We have confirmed that it is only 1.5x as powerful as current gen" We really have no reason to believe it. Besides I would know because I am a worker for Ubisoft working on Assassins Creed and I know it isn't as powerful as the Xbox 360 even. I just wanted to leak that info so I can crush you Nintendo fanboys and make it so that Microsoft rules supreme.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

by reading the specs. Specs never lie! :)

even though, the leaked specs, pictures a 4xxx series card with 8 rops... probably 4650... We dont know yet, how many spus it has and many other stuff.. but its not much for sure, if this leak is real.

Edited by Orion, 08 June 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#15 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Leaks aren't reliable. Instead of getting all bent out of shape why not just wait until Nintendo releases the spec?
Posted Image

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

they never do.. hehehehe

#17 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

by reading the specs. Specs never lie! :)

even though, the leaked specs, pictures a 4xxx series card with 8 rops... probably 4650... We dont know yet, how many spus it has and many other stuff.. but its not much for sure, if this leak is real.

Yes but I am a Ubisoft producer remember? I know all the things about Wii U and it is absolutely .5x as powerful as the Xbox.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Yes but I am a Ubisoft producer remember? I know all the things about Wii U and it is absolutely .5x as powerful as the Xbox.

And I am Promytheas :P

Edited by Orion, 08 June 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#19 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

I'm not sure if I care about graphics. Anything will blow me away because I'm used to freaking PS2 graphics.
Posted Image

#20 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

they never do.. hehehehe

They don't really need to. Honestly, it's not the kind of thing you release to the public, especially at an event like E3. Most people have no clue what the hell any of it means, and are content with hearing "It's HD". For pretty much any system, we only ever know the true specs when we open it up at launch, and really that's only for tech nuts and people looking for a reason to hate. Most people don't care what something is capable of, but rather whether its utilized. While pretty graphics are nice, if devs put the same games on the U as the PS4/720 (Which I can assure you they will, since I find it hard to believe that the next systems will be so much more powerful, that games won't run on the U), then it really doesn't matter in the long run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!