PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Its HD. Its enough for me.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#22 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

That's a fallacy.

Nintendos standard of performance isn't the wii. And just being better than their last console that happened to be grossly underpowered means nothing.

At the very least. The wii u blows away the 360 and ps3. At the same time, it uses some of that power to simply bump resolution and push pixels to another screen (think dual monitor setup). That takes power. The wii u has enough overhead to do those things and also push out next gen graphics.

You'll almost never see Nintendo games with great graphics. And launch games that started on early hardware or ports won't be indicative of the systems power either.

Teams that have final hardware to create for will be astounding gamers with the systems graphical capabilities.

No, it's not ok for Nintendo to simply be better than wii, since they essentially handicapped that system to start. They have competition to meet. And they e done a good job of putting together a forward looking system that is much more powerful than current systems and will do well in the years ahead.

There are so many things wrong with that comment that I don't know where to begin. The leap from this gen to next gen won't be that big, regardless of the company. Get over it. It is going to be WAAAAAY expensive for companies to do that kind of thing. No company is going to shoot themselves in the foot and do what Sony did with the PS3 (overpowering it beyond reason, and then charging $600 for it at launch). Please look at the facts before you claim that others are wrong, or saying things about their opinion like, "That's a fallacy." when it isn't.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#23 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

Off screen?

Have you seen the trailer?

Looks beautiful, for a current gen console. The grass and dirt especially, could have been so much better..

We don't know the specs of this console off course, but if next-gen consoles should be able to run that Square Enix demo we saw, Pikmin 3 could have had near-photo realistic environments.
No sig.

#24 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

Pikmin 3 looks better off screen believe it or not.
Play this in 1080p, the textures and lighting look nicer.
http://youtu.be/t4ZBpcY99m4

Edited by InsaneLaw, 12 June 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#25 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

The next gen will go from something like this:
Posted Image

To this:
Posted Image

Yes this is quite a jump imo. Also the UE4 is not even done yet and CoD MW2 came in the middle of the life cycle of the current game consoles.

28gxdv8.png

#26 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yeah because watching a recording of it on another screen will give you a much better idea of how the game really looks. :rolleyes:

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#27 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

Yeah because watching a recording of it on another screen will give you a much better idea of how the game really looks. :rolleyes:

Remember pick in 3 started dev on wii then experiments happened on ds and 3ds. Also very early dev kits.

Posted Image

#28 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

I can tell y'all one thing about ps4 and 720. They will both find some silly way to copy the wii u gamepad. Mark my words. And Sony's one will be so overpowered and so underused because they always make things that way. Microsoft will make theirs "different" to the point where it's unusable. Probably buttonless and screenless. Lol. I base this not on speculation, but on history. Nintendo innovates something. The "true gamers" mock their idea. Then their gaming company of choice does a rubbish job of copying it and the "real gamers" say how great and innovative their company is.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

The dual shock 4 will have a screen. Im sure of it.

Oh, and does anyone expect UE4 graphics from Pikmen 3? Really?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#30 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

The ground textures is what bothers me most they are such lazily put on their for a game that involves being so close to the ground to have ground textures that are are beaten by a shooters's ground textures . Most of the other things don't bother me like the low polygons in environment shown here http://bulk2.destruc...n05_E3-620x.jpg

which is excusable because its started as a wii game and it would be annoying remodeling things that was already in the game. But texture work is something I can't excuse considering how easy texturing is I can do better in texturing and it could also be much better with just a simple normal map added on to it (I am normally don't like normal maps and think you can do a better with artistic ability) but their nothing artsy about this games environment so normal maps would be better than just keeping it a plain texture. Also here is pikmin on the 3ds for those who haven't seen it.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 12 June 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#31 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

The next gen will go from something like this:
Posted Image

To this:
Posted Image

Yes this is quite a jump imo. Also the UE4 is not even done yet and CoD MW2 came in the middle of the life cycle of the current game consoles.

your post will likely go unnoticed because for some reason it's hard for people to grasp the fact that this generation will be a significant jump just like the last.

#32 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

your post will likely go unnoticed because for some reason it's hard for people to grasp the fact that this generation will be a significant jump just like the last.

It could be better explained with the luminous demo from square enid. Agnis philosophy looked sweet

Posted Image

#33 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

It could be better explained with the luminous demo from square enid. Agnis philosophy looked sweet

agreed i was blown away by that demo i think u4 has potential as well, it just seems that epic keeps choosing a weird setting to present the graphical capabilities of the engine.

#34 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

Yeah, I don't get why people is hating on UE4 so much. It's amazing in my opinion. I think it's a big improvement I mean that demo is for the first not done and second, it's not optimized. And thirdly, those who created it wasn't super artists. What will happen if geniuses like Shigeru Miyamoto gets this engine for Zelda?

28gxdv8.png

#35 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

UE4 was confirmed for Wii U?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#36 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

nope not yet, but it hasn't been denied either.

#37 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

The Luminous demo did look great, but to be honest, it looked more like slightly bumped up PS3 graphics than actual next-gen. The lighting and particle effects, and animations, were the best parts really. Everything else just looked like something you might see in an Uncharted cutscene or something.

To be honest, if this is the next-gen we're meant to be expecting, I wouldn't be surprised if Wii U was entirely capable of handling it, maybe in a slightly scaled down form.

Posted Image

#38 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have a feeling that the alleged Tri-Core CPU may be 3.2Ghz. But will have 3 threads/core +3MB L3 cache. Which in my opinion is perfect for multi-tasking as it'll have an extra 3 thread's compared to the 360, and a ton of embedded RAM in each core allowing many more simultaneous processes. It's like a 6 year old sports car that someone has delicately and precisely fine tuned to provide better petrol consumption and acceleration. While it may not be as crazy as what the nextbox or PS4 may or may-not be. What it isn't is underpowered.

I also have a feeling that it'll have 2GB of RAM not 1.5. I have a feeling that it might use 1.5 for games, but will use another 512MB for the OS. Either that or have 1GB of GDDR5 RAM in the GPU and have 512MB for the OS. Either way it's a big improvement on 512MB which is shared in the 360 and 256 and 256 dedicated to separate operations in the PS3.

The GPU is IMO most likely to be an AMD Radeon HD 4770, with maybe the power consumption of one of the 5000 evergreen series. In any case it beats the 360's GPU hands down in everything. Providing 2-4 times more processing power in various areas, Just look at Arkham City Armoured Edition. It has the PC's real time cut-scenes, greater draw distance, the PC's textures and lighting, it has great anti-aliasing, it's been re-colour graded and it has motion blur. As well as fire and explosion effects greater than even the PC version.

Assassin's Creed 3 looks like it has better lighting and textures too.

I'm not saying that the Nextbox and PS4 wont be better, but I'd say only twice as better GPU wise, and I've heard that the nextbox has gone from 16-cores to 8 or even 6 cores, so the CPU power might only be two or three times better. Unreal 4 will be expensive, while CryEngine 3 is cheaper and scalable. So it might be that we'll get slightly downscaled graphics, but the same game (with added controls!) on that Engine. I'll see what developers say 3 years in the future to see if I need a PS4 (sorry Sony Zealot here). Plus It'll take me a good while before I can afford a PS4. I'm also hoping Unlimited Detail Engine will get going by 2016 because that could mean the graphical playing field will be well and truly levelled.

Edited by Penguin101, 16 June 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#39 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

“In the case of the Wii U, we have decided to make it so that it is capable of doing whatever the other two consoles can do, so games are easily portable. Even though the other machines are six years old, they have the advantage now because developers are capable of maximising the graphic capabilities, while with the new machine they will have to start from scratch to create the most capable graphics. So the Wii U has that room for improvement."

By Iwata.
http://nintendoevery...ore/#more-91569

Current-gen 1.5 confirmed. Again. Just like it was with Wii. But the upside remains: it will be cheap.
No sig.

#40 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

What about this? Xbox 720 will not be that powerful ti seams!

http://www.ign.com/a...umored-document

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!