Photo

Epic uses for the Wii U gamepad! (mockups and concepts)

Wii U Gamepad Wii U Gameplay idea mockups Wii U mockups concepts

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

How is that unique to the Wii U Gamepad though? You could have done that on the Wii. In fact they did, with pretty much every shooter released on the system.

My bad i'm talking about using the gamepad as a scope to aim, in some ways it's even better then the original lightguns for ps2 etc.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#42 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

I get ya. I'm sure a lot of shooters on the Wii U will employ that use of the touch screen for sure.

I'd really like to see a strategy game like Total War on the system.

Posted Image

#43 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

some mockups i found from around the interwebs, none of these are mine and all credit to the original poster/artist:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dat Rainbow SIx, Metroid and Pokémon Snap!
No sig.

#44 Barneykiller008

Barneykiller008

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

OMG these pictures are all cool!

#45 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Butterfly Effect Wii U:

You are a time traveller, every action you make in the past has an effect on the present... even killing a butterfly can change things!

*The TV screen is always on your current time location and the gamepad touchscreen is a view of your original time location.
*View how every action in the past effects the present in real time!
*Travel back to various popular time zones including jurassic and creation periods.

This type of game would blow peoples minds! perhaps someone can illustrate? i'll try to later on..

Edit:

Posted Image

2 of my new mockups:

WoW/MMO setup mockup.
Posted Image

Wii U TCG mockup.
Posted Image

Edited by ianh05, 21 June 2012 - 08:44 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#46 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

trading card games is pretty cool... if combined with the nfc functions.. it'll be a lot better.. you know, buy actual cards, scan on the nfc.. there you go :D

here is another one.. Fifa or any football games on the wii u.. imagine that you can change players and tactics on the fly using the screen, without having to pause the game.. I think this is a huge plus especially with in an offline multiplayer game with your friends....

i would do an image for this.. but i suck at image editing.. it'll take years.. lol
urhhh.. potatoes?

#47 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

all i do is edit the template that i posted in the original post and copy/paste/resize images from other games etc. into the blank spaces where the screens are.

#48 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Butterfly Effect Wii U:

You are a time traveller, every action you make in the past has an effect on the present... even killing a butterfly can change things!

*The TV screen is always on your current time location and the gamepad touchscreen is a view of your original time location.
*View how every action in the past effects the present in real time!
*Travel back to various popular time zones including jurassic and creation periods.

This type of game would blow peoples minds! perhaps someone can illustrate? i'll try to later on..

Edit:

Posted Image

2 of my new mockups:

WoW/MMO setup mockup.
Posted Image

Wii U TCG mockup.
Posted Image

:) Call me insane, but the concepts that you've posted show the many experiences when using the Game Pad... especially the Butterfly Effect method. Excellent work!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#49 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Just showing people a little of what's possible with the new gamepad :) I have lots of ideas floating around my head usually.

Posted Image

sorry about the cruddy editing x_x but at least you get the idea lol.

updated my Starcraft Wii U mockup:

Posted Image

Edited by ianh05, 08 July 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#50 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

If they did Resident Evil HD collection for Resident Evil 0 through to Resident Evil 4. I added an extra item slot for a "current health item" that way if the item select was running live without pausing, you could get out of a tight spot without looking down an panicking trying to select a herb item. You could just assign a health item to that slot and hit one of the physical buttons to use it.
Check out the Dolphin 720p versions of RE2 and 3. #

RE3:

I'm sure it would be possible to do an up-scale of these games, and crop it for widescreen, along with HD up-scaled FMV sequences.
Posted Image

Edited by Penguin101, 09 July 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#51 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

#52 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image
Luigi's Ghost Mansion U - You can use the Gamepad HORROR to go in first person view like the Gameboy Horror

2lvmghw.png

#53 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

My newest mock-up/concept:

Posted Image

the following are not made by me, just found these 2 on an Italian site...

Fatal Frame/Project Zero:
Posted Image

Fire Emblem:
Posted Image

Edited by ianh05, 13 July 2012 - 04:44 AM.

#54 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

some mockups i found from around the interwebs, none of these are mine and all credit to the original poster/artist:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I really like the concept for the shooters. There would be one guy hacking things and coordinating the whole ambush.
Posted Image

#55 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

A lot of these have been on DS.
For example in Fifa for DS you change tactics on the bottom screen. And touch the area you want the ball to go in penalties.

#56 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

A lot of these have been on DS.
For example in Fifa for DS you change tactics on the bottom screen. And touch the area you want the ball to go in penalties.

true, but bigger screens will allow for more/bigger stuff to touch and also a bigger top screen (TV) to project all the main action onto. New uses for the Wii U that are not possible on the DS are stuff like cameras, scopes, scanner etc.

Edited by ianh05, 18 July 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#57 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

trading card games is pretty cool... if combined with the nfc functions.. it'll be a lot better.. you know, buy actual cards, scan on the nfc.. there you go :D

here is another one.. Fifa or any football games on the wii u.. imagine that you can change players and tactics on the fly using the screen, without having to pause the game.. I think this is a huge plus especially with in an offline multiplayer game with your friends....

i would do an image for this.. but i suck at image editing.. it'll take years.. lol

You know that Fifa's main dev said he would do that if a Fifa game was to be anounced (hopefully he'll announce it at that fall conference).
Posted Image

#58 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

You know that Fifa's main dev said he would do that if a Fifa game was to be anounced (hopefully he'll announce it at that fall conference).

Fifa 13 and Pes 13 are confirmed. But when did they ever talk about an announce?

#59 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Fifa 13 and Pes 13 are confirmed. But when did they ever talk about an announce?

They're already confirmed for the Wii U? That was the announce I was talking about. And for the tactics thing, I will try to find the quote.
Posted Image

#60 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

They're already confirmed for the Wii U? That was the announce I was talking about. And for the tactics thing, I will try to find the quote.

Yes EA said before E3 they will be bringing it to the WiiU. Konami said it will arrive eventually.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U Gamepad, Wii U, Gameplay idea mockups, Wii U mockups concepts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!