Photo

Epic uses for the Wii U gamepad! (mockups and concepts)

Wii U Gamepad Wii U Gameplay idea mockups Wii U mockups concepts

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Oh my GOD your PokeDex idea sent shivers up my spine. Imagine that in the wii U Pokemon RPG I'm hoping we get, Pokemon aren't random battles, they're actually roaming around the wild for you to see in huge environments. There could be gameplay elements there in sneaking up on them etc. but what you posted which excites me is the fact that you could go up to one and be holding up your Gamepad to the screen to scan in a pokemon to the pokedex. It's a small thing I know but holy cow! So exciting. This thread has single handedly excited me about the Wii U more than anything at E3. Well done.

Posted Image

#22 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Player-specific Information (i.e. Crystal Chronicles)

That sounds really interesting. I think the pad would be really useful as a personal game screen, a la Zelda Four Swords. Three players maximum without split-screen - one player on the TV, the others on the GamePads. Each person gets their own menu, inventory, etc. It'd be even more interesting if the GamePad could store a bit of save data, like the Wiimotes held Miis. That way, your GamePad is kind of like a portable device - bring it to a friend's house and play with your profile, with your data from your game. That'd be pretty cool, I think.

Edited by SolarLune, 12 June 2012 - 08:13 AM.

Follow me on Twitter or on my homepage to follow my game development progress. Thanks!

#23 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

some mockups i found from around the interwebs, none of these are mine and all credit to the original poster/artist:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ianh05, 12 June 2012 - 03:16 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Photoshop but only cause I have it, you could do it in anything really.

Your's looks very clear though compared to paint.

#25 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

it depends on how much you need to crop the original pic.

mockups i found from around the interwebs part 2, none of these are mine and all credit to the original poster/artist:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#26 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

epicuse.png
Hey guys, am I cool yet?

#27 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

moar!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

final batch of mockups found on the web, all credit to original poster/artist:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ianh05, 12 June 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#28 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image

That, my friend, is the very definition of an epic use for the GamePad.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#29 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Posted ImageRockband

First person football NFL 2k or NCAA or Madden
Posted Image
Yell Hike!

why i havent though of that! 2 camera perspective in a sports game.. could be pretty neat
urhhh.. potatoes?

#30 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'd want the Gamepad to create advanced AR games, like bring characters into your own living room like a zombie game where zombies or aliens break into your house.

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Duck Hunt HD and Thrillvile are Epic!

I'd want the Gamepad to create advanced AR games, like bring characters into your own living room like a zombie game where zombies or aliens break into your house.

I would make it but it's impossible. The WiiU camera is on the front and there is only one. You can put the controller on a stand and the camera will show your couch while you use the Pro controller and tv to shoot zombies.

Look
Posted Image

#32 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Duck Hunt HD and Thrillvile are Epic!

I would make it but it's impossible. The WiiU camera is on the front and there is only one. You can put the controller on a stand and the camera will show your couch while you use the Pro controller and tv to shoot zombies.

Look
Posted Image

Damn ah well

#33 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

U-Golf

Wii U golf game.jpg ]

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 19 June 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#34 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

U-Golf

Wii U golf game.jpg ]

Thats good for the app store but I liked the one they showed in the trailer.

#35 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Thats good for the app store but I liked the one they showed in the trailer.

Whats the link to the trailer you speak of

#36 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

How could they NOT remake/rerelease Pokemon snap?! That would be awesome and work so well!
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#37 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

this is all very amazing, seems almost like we should collaborate the ideas and ship them to a game studio without a wii u dev kit
:laugh:

#38 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

this is all very amazing, seems almost like we should collaborate the ideas and ship them to a game studio without a wii u dev kit

Atari.

Whats the link to the trailer you speak of

WiiU trailer

#39 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Glad to see this is still going, I just had a new idea... a light-gun style game that isn't on rails! the new control makes it possible :D imagine a full rpg light-gun style game for Wii U.

Time crisis not on rails....*drools*. Perhaps someone can illustrate this idea for me?

Just aim with the gamepad, move your character around with the d-pad/thumbstick and fire with the triggers etc.

#40 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

Glad to see this is still going, I just had a new idea... a light-gun style game that isn't on rails! the new control makes it possible :D imagine a full rpg light-gun style game for Wii U.

Time crisis not on rails....*drools*. Perhaps someone can illustrate this idea for me?

Just aim with the gamepad, move your character around with the d-pad/thumbstick and fire with the triggers etc.

How is that unique to the Wii U Gamepad though? You could have done that on the Wii. In fact they did, with pretty much every shooter released on the system.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U Gamepad, Wii U, Gameplay idea mockups, Wii U mockups concepts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!