• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 San.Mexi.Fro

San.Mexi.Fro

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

So I know there's already been enough talk about the Wii U triggers, but has anyone at Nintendo officially said whether they're analog or digital? Also, which would you prefer? I know there's the Pro controller if the Gamepad has digital triggers, but I would like them on the Gamepad as well. It also confuses me because in a screencap I took, it looks like they're analog triggers. But I thought I remember someone say they were analog. Well whatever, which would you prefer?

Here's the cap

Posted Image

Edited by San.Mexi.Fro, 13 June 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#2 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

They're digital. Honestly not a big deal, pressure sensitive triggers are rarely used in games. It's just something else for trolls to complain about.

#3 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

They're digital. Honestly not a big deal, pressure sensitive triggers are rarely used in games. It's just something else for trolls to complain about.

They're just used in every Racing game I play.

LordPickleton.png

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Would it really have been that hard to just put them in though? I mean, Nintendo was one of the first manufacturers to ever use analog triggers. Everyone forgets about the poor old GameCube these days, even Nintendo. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 UrsineBagel

UrsineBagel

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Star Fox, Zelda

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

They're just used in every Racing game I play.

That aren't Mario Kart or something of the sort :L

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Nintendo's introduction video referred to them as Buttons, so they're digital.

Edited by Nollog, 13 June 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

so i guess the racing genre doesnt exist to you

#8 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

so i guess the racing genre doesnt exist to you

I prefer the Wii wheel :D Yeah though, I only ever remember pressing A to drive, and using the shoulder buttons to drift. Of course, I've never been a huge racing gamer. Mario kart is about the extent of it.

Edited by andodel, 13 June 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#9 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

I prefer the Wii wheel :D Yeah though, I only ever remember pressing A to drive, and using the shoulder buttons to drift. Of course, I've never been a huge racing gamer. Mario kart is about the extent of it.

No wonder you don't care about the analog triggers the only racing game you played is Mario Kart.

LordPickleton.png

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

No wonder you don't care about the analog triggers the only racing game you played is Mario Kart.

Which is shocking.

Crash Team Racing is a gem, yo!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

They could be somewhat like the PS3 triggers, they have been stated to be "Squishy".

#12 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I have played played others like Need for Speed, Ridge Racer, etc on PC. I just figured that didn't really count since that's PC, not console. Still, I'm sure racing games will be fine on the U. Whats wrong with holding down a button to accelerate?

#13 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Nothing is wrong with just holding down the button to accelerate when it's an arcade racer like Mario Kart or you are in a Drag Race. Another game where the analog triggers come in handy is Battlefield 3 for the Jets and Helicopters.

Edited by Cerberuz, 13 June 2012 - 04:57 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Ya he needs to play Forza the Analog Triggers on the 360 make that feel so natural when playing.

#15 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Ya he needs to play Forza the Analog Triggers on the 360 make that feel so natural when playing.

Also needs to play Dirt 3 since there is snow, wet, and rainy races. Have you played Dirt 3 Sportsgamer?

LordPickleton.png

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Also needs to play Dirt 3 since there is snow, wet, and rainy races. Have you played Dirt 3 Sportsgamer?

No I haven't played 3 yet. But 2 is similar in controls, I have played two.

#17 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

They're probably digital, but hell if I care. I only play the "kiddy" racing games where you press a button and the vehicles accelerates. I have tried out those realistic ones, and I find myself pressing the trigger all the way down regardless.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#18 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

I don't see any reason that the pro controller would have analog and the Game Pad wouldn't. Perhaps, as someone else has stated, they're like the PS3's triggers.
Posted Image

#19 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

I really don't know why they wouldn't put analog, even if I don't really like how they feel. I can't see it costing that much more. As stated the GC had it, and it just gives 3rd Party devs more options to work with, along with Nintendo themselves...
Posted Image

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

I don't see any reason that the pro controller would have analog and the Game Pad wouldn't. Perhaps, as someone else has stated, they're like the PS3's triggers.

I hope not! Man, I hate those triggers...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Triggers, Analog, Digital, Shooter, Racing, Pressure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!