#21 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Could play like Gran Turismo and use the right analogue stick to accelerate and break, I personally choose not to do it in GT5, but on GT4, that was the only option for analogue.

#22 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

Both the Wii U Game Pad and the new Pro controller have only digital triggers. Trust me, I held both controllers in my hands.

There will be NO intricate acceleration/speed control for racing sims (too bad Project C.A.R.S. fans), unless they allow right analog stick acceleration, which wouldn't feel as great to me,
That, and the lack of multi-touch for the screen. Those are my only two gripes (don't really care too much about the multi-touch thing tho). Other than those things, both controllers feel great.

#23 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Nintendo's introduction video referred to them as Buttons, so they're digital.

Didn't they refer to these as triggers? Well I honestly think it would be such a strange shape for digitals... Unless they said anything about it, I think they're triggers
Posted Image

#24 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

Nothing is wrong with just holding down the button to accelerate when it's an arcade racer like Mario Kart or you are in a Drag Race. Another game where the analog triggers come in handy is Battlefield 3 for the Jets and Helicopters.

Truly Mario Kart is the only kind of racer I like. I mean, realism is cool and all, but of the realistic racing games I've played, they just didn't feel nearly as fun as mario kart. There's nothing like throwing a banana back and watching your character laugh, knowing you screwed someone over :) Admittedly though, blue shells are cheap as hell.

#25 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

The digital triggers are the equivalent shape of the B button on the Wii Remote (the pro controller is). The GamePad triggers are wider but they have the same type of click as the B button but just wider.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#26 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Would it really have been that hard to just put them in though? I mean, Nintendo was one of the first manufacturers to ever use analog triggers. Everyone forgets about the poor old GameCube these days, even Nintendo. :(

Posted Image

Well some games like Mario Sunshine and Luigi's mansion needed the analog triggers. If they don't have them, then how will people play them on VC?

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#27 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Well some games like Mario Sunshine and Luigi's mansion needed the analog triggers. If they don't have them, then how will people play them on VC?

That's partly what I'm concerned about too. Something tells me Nintendo will use this as an excuse to not have GCN games on the VC at all. :unsure:

Posted Image

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Didn't they refer to these as triggers? Well I honestly think it would be such a strange shape for digitals... Unless they said anything about it, I think they're triggers

http://e3.nintendo.c...nkBMd2G0jEJ8fkr
Dunno.

edit, yupp.
"trigger-like ZR/ZL buttons ... R and L buttons"

Edited by Nollog, 14 June 2012 - 07:05 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

such a missed opportunity i really cant believe they did this.

#30 bejfever

bejfever

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

I'm a big fanof the PS1 dualshock controller.I use it for many racing games, as blooper has mentioned - the right analogue stick is used for accelration and breaking (although thats only a problem if you need to accelerate and break at the same time, - so maybe a problem for rally games. But a brake button could be binded somewhere else?)

I also used to play a heavy amount of Arma2 (trying to relate to you battlefield lovers) - the controles (in respect to using aeroplanes and helicopters) for this were perfect using a PS1 controller, no analogue R2 L2 buttons were needed. I felt it very natural for me to play like this because it was almost exactly the same as playing GTA:SanAndreas helipcopters/aeroplanes.

The only thing that concerns me guys, is why there is no dual-shock in the "pro controllers", I thought this was a necessary component for people who play FPS games competitively online, feeling of getting shot and other such warning signals. But I don't think thats much to worry about for the mass majority.

P.S. I could never get the feel of precisely controlling the gas/power/pedal of a car when I used to play Forza using the anologue triggers. Maybe I was too used to right anologue stick, but I always had revert back to it.

Edited by bejfever, 15 June 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#31 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

http://e3.nintendo.c...nkBMd2G0jEJ8fkr
Dunno.

edit, yupp.
"trigger-like ZR/ZL buttons ... R and L buttons"

Oh yes so just like said someone before, they're like the B-buttons on the Wii remote, right?
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Triggers, Analog, Digital, Shooter, Racing, Pressure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!