• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

The possibility of the Wii U getting a version of Grand Theft Auto V just got a whole lot slimmer. That’s because Take-Two has shared the sentiment that the company is “skeptical” of the console, and isn’t committing any of its core titles just yet.
According to Gamasutra, the Wii U will be supported with sports and family releases. Nothing beyond this for now, though.
When asked for his thoughts about Wii U, Take-Two Interactive Software chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick said, “We haven’t announced anything. I’m skeptical.”

http://nintendoevery...its-core-games/

#2 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

i would take watch dogs over grand theft auto... but nintendo beter make this right and get grand theft auto. this is by FAR the biggest 3rd party franchise out there. it sells like 20+ million every time it comes out.

Edited by TRON, 15 June 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

i would take watch dogs over grand theft auto... but nintendo beter make this right and get grand theft auto. this is by FAR the biggest 3rd party franchise out there. it sells like 20+ million every time it comes out.

Nintendo already took into account they werent getting GTA so thats why Miyamotos new IP is a GTA knock off with a Nintendo Twist :)

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

I don't blame them for being skeptical, but a financial opportunity such as this shouldn't be missed. It'll also help Nintendo get that "hardcore" image they have been trying to acquire with the Wii U.

Doesn't that title belong to Call of Duty?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Doesn't that title belong to Call of Duty?

No. It's still Grand Theft Auto's Title

LordPickleton.png

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

No. It's still Grand Theft Auto's Title

exactly

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Nintendo already took into account they werent getting GTA so thats why ...

...they got TT games to make an open world Lego GTA rip-off exclusive to their consoles.

I've done been saying this a while.

They're right to be sceptical.
Still, GTA would have been a great game to show people do buy proper games on Nintendo platforms, and it would sell on anything, because it's GTA.
There wouldn't be much risk to it.
But it's been in development a long time, so there was pretty much no chance of the Wii U getting it unless Nintendo was holding their hands and making it easy to get everything perfect and ported in 5 minutes.
It won't sell as well if it comes out later, but being a third party they obviously don't know this and will look to a potential failure as saying games don't sell on Nintendo consoles.

Edited by Nollog, 16 June 2012 - 12:53 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

I emailed rockstar asking for them to put this on the Wii U. They do read emails guys just all them to put it on and how much you love the game.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Wii U owners wont buy GTA, their parents wont let them.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Wow that joke is not overused!

Here you can annoy beg them so they can have their games on WiiU to show that people actually will buy it.
http://support.rocks...us_requests/new

Edited by Sportsgamer, 16 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#11 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Posted Image
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

gta v is vital!!! plus i reallly want it on wii u so i dont need to keep my 360. this means we all need to support third parties as best we can to show this guy. either way im sure nintendo will ensure we get this game, or at least try their best to
Posted Image

#13 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

And so it begins......
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#14 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

To be honest, we haven't had ANY news on what platforms GTA V is coming out on. Take a look at the trailer. It's not even confirmed for 360 or PS3.

Granted, what this guy said does seem to significantly reduce the chances of GTA V coming to Wii U. I'd like to hope that it will at some point though, but it seems third parties will literally come up with ANY excuse not to support Nintendo consoles these days. There's a strong bias against them in several companies I believe, even EA and Ubisoft don't seem to be fully committed when we consider the fact that games like Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs have pretty much zero chance of hitting Wii U..

Posted Image

#15 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Well they are called Take Two, mabe they just haven't taken their second look at the Wii U yet.

#16 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

To be honest, we haven't had ANY news on what platforms GTA V is coming out on. Take a look at the trailer. It's not even confirmed for 360 or PS3.

Granted, what this guy said does seem to significantly reduce the chances of GTA V coming to Wii U. I'd like to hope that it will at some point though, but it seems third parties will literally come up with ANY excuse not to support Nintendo consoles these days. There's a strong bias against them in several companies I believe, even EA and Ubisoft don't seem to be fully committed when we consider the fact that games like Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs have pretty much zero chance of hitting Wii U..

I don't see why they wouldn't... Seems like bad business to me, no wonder people hate console gaming.

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Nintendo systems for a while now have appealed more to casual gamers than anything else so that makes a lot of companies unsure of how well their game will do on Nintendo systems. If Nintendo attracts a whole lot more core gamers with the Wii U getting these games will be much more likely.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

If they are releasing any game on 360 and PS3 I would imagine it would be worthwhile at least testing the water with a wii u version of the same game. The wii u is going to use similar resources to pc, 360 and PS3. Might have similar cpu code to 360. Similar graphics to a basic pc card etc. I would of thought a conversion was relatively easy. The fact Take 2 want to go on record indicating there lack of interest in wii U shows an anti-Nintendo attitude though and clearly they are trying to damage Nintendo. They could have so easily shown interest but say no games are currently being developed for wii u. This would have been diplomatic at least.

Edited by Desert Punk, 19 June 2012 - 04:23 AM.

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

The fact Take 2 want to go on record indicating there lack of interest in wii U shows an anti-Nintendo attitude though and clearly they are trying to damage Nintendo. They could have so easily shown interest but say no games are currently being developed for wii u. This would have been diplomatic at least.

Anyone who doesn't want to develop for the Wii U is anti-Nintendo?

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

GTA 4 was pretty bad anyways.. so I dont really care, unless they make it similar to san andreas.. that could get my eyebrows up
urhhh.. potatoes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!