81 replies to this topic

#61 westimo

westimo

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

I want a tonne of sidequests :D
3DS FC: 1633-4203-9844 Pm me and I'll add back :)
Posted Image

#62 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

I want GIRLS in the next Zelda! YEA.

OK jk. lol I would like amazing, blow your mind graphics. I want amazing Gameplay. And I want a HUGE game and HUGE world.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#63 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

All I want is awesomeness!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#64 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

It would be really cool if you could play as Zelda in the next Zelda. Maybe if you beat the game, the seond time you play your Zelda instead of Link.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#65 TahoeMario

TahoeMario

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

What about if its a Zelda game that continues from the Four Swords era. Maybe they would look like Toon Link from Smash Bros Brawl, you know. Like a little more real than Wind Waker. Of course HD but have the screen split from Chase Mii etc. And the U-Controller would see that player's screen and just have buttons to open Quick Menus for the Weapons like we've been getting. And I'm just saying for another Zelda; not for the demo that has been shown at the shows.

Edited by TahoeMario, 17 January 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#66 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#67 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Okay. I've posted this idea in two other threads and haven't gotten any feedback yet (except for one like). Here's hope third times the charm. :)

My idea is for a multiplayer Zelda game that the Wii U seems made for. It would basically involve cooperative puzzles, Harry Potter 3 style character switching(for single player), and a new incarnation of Aryll that's a bit closer to Links age. If any of you have played the video game for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, you'll remember how you would have to switch between Harry, Ron, and Hermione to solve puzzles. Harry was the more physically skilled character, allowing him to do things like climb ropes. Ron had a skill for finding hidden items and passages. Hermione, being smaller built than the other two, could crawl through small passages that the others could not. My idea is that Link would pretty much serve Harry's and Ron's roles, while Aryll serves Hermione's. Also like Harry Potter 3, where each character had their own spells, Link and Aryll could have different items. For example, say that Link and Aryll are on opposite sides of a room, with a huge bottomless pit splitting it in two. Link's path is blocked by a wall of ice, and Aryll's is blocked by a wall of fire. Link has the Ice Rod, and Aryll has the Fire Rod. Link has to aim across the room to put out the fire blocking Aryll, and Aryll has to melt the ice blocking Link. Another idea (That isn't borrowed from Harry Potter 3) is that Link would be Skilled in swordplay while having some weak magic, and Aryll would be strong in magic while having amateur sword fighting skills. This would add to the need to switch between the two characters frequently, or work together as it would be when played with two players. Once again borrowing from Harry Potter 3, there could be sections of dungeons where the two are forced to split up, and work their way toward a latter point in the dungeon where they would meet back up with each other, or one would have to move ahead and open up a path for the other.

I originally came up with this idea before the Wii U was revealed, so I originally imagined the game being split screen. However, the Wii U's tablet like controllers would seem to go quite well with the idea. When playing two player, you could elect to play split screen and keep an OoT3D style HUD on the touch screen, or to place each player's game on the controller. It's been all-but-confirmed that the Wii U will be able to use at least two touch controllers, so I could see this as being a very possible idea for a Zelda game for the system. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Skyward Sword's motion controls expanded on in Zelda Wii U; I would love just as much to see them explore this idea for using the Wii U's controller to make a game like this.
Posted Image

#68 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#69 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

OK first of all... it needs to be in a hyrule... secondly, it needs to include the main races; zoras, gorons, dekus, hylians, humans; and lastly we need the Zelda model from TP, was absolutely gorgeous.. Zelda looked horrible in SS, no offense

Posted Image

#70 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

It would be cool if they made it that you could play some levels/quests as Ganondorf.(Ha ha ha I shall destroy everything with my warlock PUNCH!!!!!)

#71 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

OK first of all... it needs to be in a hyrule...

Okay, so either in ALTTP or MM timeline.

secondly, it needs to include the main races; zoras, gorons, dekus, hylians, humans

... Majora's Mask timeline...

and lastly we need the Zelda model from TP, was absolutely gorgeous..

Yes she was, but we don't need no gamecube models up in here.

Zelda looked horrible in SS, no offense

your opinion is wrong.

Posted Image

#72 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

You know what I love? Minish Cap. You know what I love about Minish Cap? Kinstones. I would love it if they brought back kinstones in the next Zelda game. They gave a great reason to go back to places you've already been. You'd have to go and meet with characters who you would otherwise be done with after they fulfilled their purpose to the story(or were never even important in the first place). Seriously, would any of you have returned to the Minish village if didn't want to fuse kinstones (or to grab a treasure chest or enter a secret passage that appeared after fusing a pair)? Just as long as they don't have kinstones that ultimately just get you another kinstone. I'm fusing them to try and get things like heart pieces, bomb and arrow upgrades, and rupees; not to get another kinstone. If they can bring them back in a 3D, home console game, and improve on the system to get rid of the pointless ones that I described, It would go a long way toward making a game that beats Skyward Sword as my favorite game of all time.
Posted Image

#73 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I'm thinking the story should be deep and interesting to complement the possible realistic art style. There should be full voice acting in cut scenes. I don't think Link should talk, there would be endless controversy as to whether the character is screwed up or not.
Posted Image

#74 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm thinking the story should be deep and interesting to complement the possible realistic art style. There should be full voice acting in cut scenes. I don't think Link should talk, there would be endless controversy as to whether the character is screwed up or not.

Zelda games should never have talking scenes in it. It is kind of a thing with it. Zelda has always had a dialogue box with text. The most talking any character should do in a Zelda game is when they make that sound effect at the begging of there dialogue. I agree with you on the art styles, but I just don't see "talking" as a part of Zelda.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#75 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

one of the best things i liked about oot and wind waker, was the magic bar and what it can give u. like light arrows, ice arrows, dins fire (or whatever it was called). i want the next zelda to have a stronger emphasis on magic, and i think it will fit in well with a twilight princess HD art style
Posted Image

#76 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Count me as one who is undecided on the Voice Acting. Usually most fans are strongely for or strongely against. I'm actually in neither camp. I think it could be done and improve on the game, but I also think they would have to be very careful in doing this that it doesn't take away from the charm of the franchise.

Maybe they could offer something to people on both sides of the fense: An option to enable/disable Voice Acting before starting your game. What would everyone think of that?

Things I would also like to see added:
More emphasis on Magic(as suggested by Crakkat)
More emphasis on purchasing goods-Most Zelda's don't offer many upgrades through Ruppee's, I would like to see that changed. At the same time they would have to be careful as Link has normally received the majority of weapons through Dungeons. If the game/adventure is large enough, and they have enough weapons then they should be able to keep the traditional Item per dungion while still offering items through shops.

Edited by TriForce_3, 02 February 2012 - 12:34 PM.

• BDB likes this

#77 BDB

BDB

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

I would imagine they would not add an option to enable or disable voice acting for the very same reason they did not have that option in Skyward Sword for motion controls.

Anyways, Zelda has desperately needed some co-op features for a long time, even if it's sort of multiplayer with seperate things. Challenges, time trials, gauntlets, etc. Would add some medicore replayability, unlike the only replayability value being a hard mode (not that I don't want a hard mode, I love them. I would like a much more complex hard mode than the ones offered in Master Quest, Second Quest, and in Hero Mode). Personally, I think just leaving the main game to just single-player is the best option, and all that's needed is something like Halo: Reach's Firefight/GoW2's Horde. Mindless, easy to do, simple to get in to, yet fun.

Maybe if you beat the game, the seond time you play your Zelda instead of Link.

That would require them to practically make a nearly seperate game.

#78 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

I would imagine they would not add an option to enable or disable voice acting for the very same reason they did not have that option in Skyward Sword for motion controls.

Anyways, Zelda has desperately needed some co-op features for a long time, even if it's sort of multiplayer with seperate things. Challenges, time trials, gauntlets, etc. Would add some medicore replayability, unlike the only replayability value being a hard mode (not that I don't want a hard mode, I love them. I would like a much more complex hard mode than the ones offered in Master Quest, Second Quest, and in Hero Mode). Personally, I think just leaving the main game to just single-player is the best option, and all that's needed is something like Halo: Reach's Firefight/GoW2's Horde. Mindless, easy to do, simple to get in to, yet fun.

That would require them to practically make a nearly seperate game.

I see where you make the comparison, but in my mind those two things don't come close to comparing! The debate on Voice Acting in Zelda has become a hot topic with a lot of traditionalists wanting no part of Voice Acting. I don't remember that type of outcry from players who didn't want the motion controls. Sure some didn't like it but you have some that say Voice Acting would completely ruin Zelda's charm, and they want no part of it.

BTW, not saying they will do that. I'm saying they should!

Also, I would prefer a Twilight Princess style over any previous versions, with the variety of items that Skyword Sword offered(more variety of items in fact).

Edited by TriForce_3, 21 February 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#79 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

I want GIRLS in the next Zelda! YEA.

OK jk. lol I would like amazing, blow your mind graphics. I want amazing Gameplay. And I want a HUGE game and HUGE world.

LOL

Edited by Sportsgamer, 21 February 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#80 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

LOL

Haha totally not what I was trying to do but ended up that way. LOL
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!