Photo

We know who won E3 2012 (Ubisoft), but who ultimately Lost?

General Gaming

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

In my opinion, EA lost. The only interesting thing they showed was the fact that they've taken over UFC video games but there was no actual gameplay showed! Every other demo they showed were just boring and dull...

My tiebreak though was Microsoft-Nintendo-EA, but EA proved its point that it was awful.
My rankings though:
1) Ubisoft-Sony
2) Microsoft-Nintendo
3) EA
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Microsoft. Which isn't surprising, at all. They've been on a 3 year losing streak so far! :P

Posted Image

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Microsoft.

#4 Jeenaud

Jeenaud

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • NNID:Jeenaud-X
  • Fandom:
    Fire Emblem,Metroid and Zelda

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

microsoft because i hate them :ph34r:

#5 Steve

Steve

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft has replaced all others...

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Microsoft, on a losing streak since Xbox Launch. :P

Edited by Steve, 17 June 2012 - 05:53 PM.

I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof, and incapable of error.

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

EA but out of the big 3 Microsoft.

#7 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Microsoft

#8 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

EA
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#9 DRAE_nmhar

DRAE_nmhar

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Out of all the press conferences, Nintendo lost big time. You know why? Because people had BIG expecations. Unfortunately, it was a BIG disappointment. It didn't really WOW people, especially ending their press con with Nintendo Land. They still have 4-5 months 'till launch so they still have time to have thier own Nintendo Direct conference to show everything they got to show about the Wii U 'cause there are some stuff they obviously kept secret at E3.

But being at E3, trying out the Wii U in person; getting hands on the Wii U GamePad and played all the games they demoed on the show floor and VIP Meida Access Only...I would say that I am very impressed. Despite having a disappointing press con, trying out the Wii U is believing.

Here are some videos I took from Nintendo's Booth. I played pretty much every demo there, really show casing the Wii U GamePad in unique ways.

https://www.youtube....s?sort=p&view=0

Edited by DRAE_nmhar, 17 June 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Wii U Demos in *FPS* View Posted Image;)

Subscribe!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PxDxI

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Easily Microsoft. The only thing that even remotely interested me from their conference was Halo 4.

Posted Image

#11 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

No doubt Microsoft, simply because they focused too much on that tablet that isn't even a dedicated gaming device.

I would say Nintendo, but they showcased too many games to put them down last. "Casual" titles or not, it was still a gaming presentation.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'd say it's a tie between Microsoft and Sony for me.

I know people are going to go "WUUUUT?~?~!?!/111 U FORGET ABOUT LAST OF US N00B? HURHUR" No, I didn't forget about it. The game is yet another super-violent swearfest third person shooter that we've known about for a year. Not to mention that they didn't actually talk about anything new that was worthwhile. Sure, they announced a couple of Vita games, but did they actually spend any time with them? Nope. The Vita was treated like the unwanted stepchild at the conference. Wonderbook was cool, but it's nothing that'll last that long. Sony's conference was just forgettable.

Microsofts was better than the 2010/2011 conferences, but it was still overall disappointing. They spent almost 45 minutes of their hour and a half conference talking about Netflix and Music functions. The rest of the conference had shown games that were already announced in previous E3 conferences. And the games that they DID announce, they had very crappy trailers that told us nothing about the games themselves, and nothing more.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

actually, to hold up the e3 spirit of being supposed to be about games, nintendo won that, who else dedicated all their console time on games, even if the presentation sucked in general
because of this, i will say microsoft, they only showed tidbits and really did not have anything good showing (except halo4, i bet its killing them making custom rendered decals for a game that should be running at wiiu power instead of xbox360 lololol)
:laugh:

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

I think it was definatley Microsoft. None of the game I actually cared about and they had a load of crap that we are never going to use like that bloody Nike thing. I hated EA's one as well. God, that was so boring.... :/

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Sony because that book thingy, Super Sony Bros. (lol), and the lack of interesting games overall.

Microsoft was good, because; RE6, SC: Black List, Tomb Raider, Black Ops 2, Halo 4, GoW.
No sig.

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

1st place- Ubisoft, came out guns a blazing with a ton of good games

2nd- Sony, Had some good games but spent waaaaaaaaaay too much time on "wonderbook" (i liked their intor the best cuz they played Bass Cannon)

3rd- Nintendo, Disappointing because you would think they would have had more other than Nintendo land :P

Last- Microsoft or Ea, Microsoft had smartglass and EA had Sim City and BF3 expansion packs :/

#17 RnR

RnR

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

as much as I love Nintendo, I honestly believe that was the worst line up they could have put out as launch titles for a consle

Posted Image

"Please remember, I'll dismember any member."
The "Help RnR Get a New 360" Fund was a complete success. Thank you all for the support.
Now I am starting the "Help RnR Get Recording Equipment" Fund, anything helps!
Current Amount of Donations: $0

#18 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Microsoft lost the e3 again.

On the other hand, Ubisoft won this e3 followed by Nintendo and Sony.

For me Nintendo came 2nd behind Ubisoft. I know some people said Nintendo lost e3 because their expectations were way too high for Nintendo. Moreover, I think that they have a pretty solid line up for Wii U even though I am not interested in getting Sing, Just Dance or other ports like Arkham City since I already owned that game on my 360.

While Sony.. well, it wasn't that bad but they still couldn't convince me to get PS Vita. And that WonderBook and Book of Spell bored me to death.

#19 Young Link

Young Link

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

I missed the EA conference, but from what I saw many people were dissappointed at Nintendo's conferences. I was expecting more games, since they started the conference saying to focus in that, yet I don't it it was bad. They explained some stuff and I wasn't expecting a Zelda or Smash because they have been clear it will take a while to learn more from there.

I liked Microsoft the less, but that is because it was more about hardware than games, but maybe if had an Xbox I would have enjoyed it better. I also noticed some games announced tehre were not exclusive.I don't remember if it was Microsoft of Sony who had Usher but that was awkward, hahah.

I am actually looking forward some of the games for Sony, but other things where laughable for me.

Edited by Young Link, 19 June 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#20 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Wow people really think that Nintendo's was the worst. I'm sorry if they they didn't announce Mario, Pikmin, Zelda, Super smash bros., and star fox all in one press conference like we shouldn't have been expecting. I understand why people thought it was disappointing but come on, horrible launch games, really? If Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros. U arent good enough for you then your really missing out on some fun games.. Pikmin 3 looks amazing, it's what I'm looking forward to the most and I can't wait for the launch of the Wii U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!