Photo

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 not WiiU bound -- at the moment.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JTurner

JTurner

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hearing about Konami "having no plans to release CASTLEVANIA LORD OF SHADOWS 2" on Wii U is a bit... disappointing, to say the least, but like RE6 and DEAD SPACE 3, Tom Cox didn't exactly say that we would never get it there. He said "at the moment", not "never". I guess it's unrealistic to expect EVERYTHING to be on WiiU at launch date, but I can't see Konami passing WiiU up; CASTLEVANIA has been a mainstay on Nintendo platforms (sans Gamecube; WiiWare got Rebirth, which was great and better than Wii's JUDGEMENT by far) and I'm pretty sure we'll see an entry on the system... someday. I'd rather have them do an original CASTLEVANIA title for WiiU, not port a game they're currently working on (although it wouldn't hurt either to play both on WiiU.)

#2 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

I don't understand the developers, they always have excuses. Look Batman Arkham City and Assassin's Creed 3, they have been developed for the HD Twins for a long time and now they are being developed for Wii U and have good functions on the controller. I only want they port the game to the console. I dont hope any third party using all the features of the Wii U, i only want their games in my console. Geez, they can use the pro controller or only put a map on the screen and its fine for me. But they always have excuses.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

My guess is that these developers want to play it 'safe' until the Wii U gets some steady footing.
Companies like Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Interactive are willing to take that risk.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

this is just their way of saying we havent seen the install base yet. come on guys, the wii u launch lineup is already better than any previous console in history, this is not much of a loss
Posted Image

#5 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

It is rather irritating... Something tells me a bunch of devs are going to port games to Wii U months after they were released on PS3/360 and then act shocked when they don't sell anywhere near as well. And then that's going to become an excuse to not put future titles on the Wii U either. Just look at the GameCube and how it got shafted despite being entirely capable of running the vast majority of PS2/Xbox games..

Edited by Deadly Virus, 04 July 2012 - 05:23 AM.

Posted Image

#6 JTurner

JTurner

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

The Gamecube had limited storage space and used a mini-disc that didn't hold as much data as a DVD.  That was what really held it back.

Anyway, why don't we all take this with a grain of salt.  I'm sure we'll see Castlevania on the WiiU at SOME point, just maybe not this particular game.  I'd rather see an original Castlevania for the WiiU anyway (although I am also content with a port).

Edited by JTurner, 04 July 2012 - 08:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!