• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that there will be a game bundled with the system designed to show off what it can do, just as Wii Sports was released with the Wii.

However, will we get a Wii U Sports? In one of the demo trailers we saw someone playing a baseball game which could imply that such a game is in development, but what about Chase Mii and the other tech demos they had at E3, I can see them being fairly food games for a bundle. Especially Catch Mii.

What are your thoughts? Do you want Wii U Sports or something else?

#2 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

It could be something between Wii Sports and the minigames in Wii Party. I say the latter because of what we saw @ E3 2011. Those games fit the minigame category more than sports, but the presence of sports in the first Wii U trailer makes it likely we'll also see plenty of sports with Miis at or around launch. Mario Sports Mix may have discouraged them (it wasn't developed by them, though), but I very much doubt it.
"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#3 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

It could be something between Wii Sports and the minigames in Wii Party. I say the latter because of what we saw @ E3 2011. Those games fit the minigame category more than sports, but the presence of sports in the first Wii U trailer makes it likely we'll also see plenty of sports with Miis at or around launch. Mario Sports Mix may have discouraged them (it wasn't developed by them, though), but I very much doubt it.

I hope it's more than just a minigame collection, I want it to be more like Wii Sports, with some good quality games that show off the controller, I think the Chase Mii is one that could really do it, if they added some tracks, maybe the option for power ups then there is quite a bit of potential

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

I think that a Wii U Sports title, or similar, will be bundled with the console. They might not put the game on the disk though, they could put it straight onto the system. They did that with AR Games and Faceraiders on the 3DS, so they could do it again with the Wii U. That way people would be able to enjoy the system (for a while anyway) without any games and they would have something that shows of the system's capabilities.

#5 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

I hope it's more than just a minigame collection, I want it to be more like Wii Sports, with some good quality games that show off the controller, I think the Chase Mii is one that could really do it, if they added some tracks, maybe the option for power ups then there is quite a bit of potential

I actually wouldn't even equate the idea to a minigame collection in the way that Wii Party was. All the games would have a certain level of replay value on their own, but they don't have the level of mastery that the sports do. A mix of the "minigames" and Sports to show off the system would be perfect.

Edited by SonofMrPeanut, 15 June 2011 - 11:18 PM.

"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Maybe those games that we saw at E3 (Chase Mii, Shield Pose, etc.) might be some of the games bundled with the WiiU. <_<

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 themoth2112

themoth2112

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Music

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

It would be sweet if Super Mario Bros Mii came along. But I doubt it.
Though a family fun pack thing would come out. Not wii sports but stuff like they showed off at E3...
What do you guys thing about them adding a Wii Mote +, you know because they are trying to sell them being backwards compatible?
Stupid people do stupid things
Smart people outsmart each other.

#8 AWiiLoverNamedGoo

AWiiLoverNamedGoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:50 AM

Nintendo registered the Super Mario Brothers Mii Domain name, so hopefully it will come out...

Edited by AWiiLoverNamedGoo, 16 June 2011 - 12:51 AM.

#9 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

I personally think they will release a "mii collection" sort of game, which would be kinda like Wii party. Because they could out the chase mii, the spaceship chase me, that game they showed with him aiming a crosshairs at at mii, baseball, etc. I would love to have that. It would enforce multiplayer gameplay. <_<
Posted Image

#10 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

I personally think they will release a "mii collection" sort of game, which would be kinda like Wii party. Because they could out the chase mii, the spaceship chase me, that game they showed with him aiming a crosshairs at at mii, baseball, etc. I would love to have that. It would enforce multiplayer gameplay. <_<

Yeah, well that's sort of what I think it'll be, but I think they'll turn the games like Chase Mii into bigger games with replay value rather then just your average minigame.

Edited by Jabob, 16 June 2011 - 04:13 AM.

#11 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

I'd like to see a wiiU sports. A sports game is always a fun and easy way to show off the console to any friends who come over (so it would be a good marketing move on Nintendo's part). That said, I think the short baseball footage we saw at E3 wasn't really new. It appeared to be mostly footage taken directly from wii sports baseball itself.

#12 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

I think Super Mario Bros Mii should be bundled because it has Miis for the casual and it has Super Mario Bros for the hardcore.
It also shows of the controller streaming.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#13 Hardcore Brawler

Hardcore Brawler

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Punch Out!, Metroid, Zelda, more

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

chase mii, battle mii , shield pose and NSMB mii would be enough for me if they were bundeled with the system

yeah , and the Zelda HD Tech Demo so we can enjoy Zelda in HD until the real game comes out :D

Posted Image

by Cerberuz

My Wii U games wishlist:
Disaster 2 - F-Zero U - Eternal Darkness 2 - Madworld 2 - Beyond Good and Evil 2 (Wii U version)

#14 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

I think Super Mario Bros Mii should be bundled because it has Miis for the casual and it has Super Mario Bros for the hardcore.
It also shows of the controller streaming.

Won't happen, as it's something that Nintendo will be able to make a lot of money from selling it separately.

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:40 AM

I hope they do what they did with the Wii. Have a Wii U sports game included with the console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!