UNREAL 4 possible on Wii U

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

So epic games announced unreal 4 games can be ported to Wii U. Cool but still didn't like his tone. I think he needs to be more specific on unreal 3 for Wii U. Is it unreal 3 we have seen since 2007 or unreal 3.9 sameratian demo level graphics?

http://mynintendonew...sible-on-wii-u/

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Unreal Engine 4 isn't that amazing. Who do you think will be the first to port it?

Edited by Cerberuz, 12 July 2012 - 08:35 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

Not sure maybe Retro. People didn't realize the prime series ran on unreal like 2.9. I can only hope there will be a developer like HVS that will look to push the Wii U and bring the best graphics the system can handle.

Also I agree unreal 4 isn't amazing and their is no guarantee it will be the go to engine for next gen. I hope EPIC falls flat on their face. Uncharted developers naughty dog engine easily outclassed unreal 3. I think next gen will see a lot more in house engines being used.

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Cryengine Update is better than UE4 looked like. I want retro to use Cryengine 3.4 or more.

#5 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yeah like I stated earlier. Unreal 3.9 demo was more impressive to me than unreal 4 demo. I personally would be fine with unreal3.9 or the zelda HD demo level graphics for my gaming on Wii U with 1080 p 60fps.

#6 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

this is expected... ppl who are "if wii u can't run unreal 4, it's doomed for sure" is just paranoid or plain dumb... i've said before, engines can be tweaked/recode/changed etc to suit any device... scalable.. =_=

running the engine at full force might not be possible, hell, I think none of the next gen console will be able to... lets just wait n see...
urhhh.. potatoes?

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Not sure maybe Retro. People didn't realize the prime series ran on unreal like 2.9. I can only hope there will be a developer like HVS that will look to push the Wii U and bring the best graphics the system can handle.

Also I agree unreal 4 isn't amazing and their is no guarantee it will be the go to engine for next gen. I hope EPIC falls flat on their face. Uncharted developers naughty dog engine easily outclassed unreal 3. I think next gen will see a lot more in house engines being used.

The retro unreal myth is false and debunked ages ago.

I am actually surprised to see it surface again.

As for the topic...

Unreal 4 will work just fine on wii u....

BUT Epic has no intention of doing it.

Called it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

I'm not too happy about the fact he says they have "no intention to bring the engine to Wii U", however. I mean really, they're supporting it on phones, yet the Wii U is out of the question? And we still have to wonder whether these "ports" he talks about are going to be actually relatively equal to 720/PS4 versions or if they're just going to be downscaled to the point where it becomes an obviously inferior version...

Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but this doesn't exactly sound too good. I'm disappointed, Epic. -_-

Edited by Deadly Virus, 12 July 2012 - 10:45 AM.

Posted Image

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Unreal Engine 4 isn't that amazing. Who do you think will be the first to port it?

I don't think Unreal 4 is done yet, so its possible it will look better when its done. And yes, this is promising.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

The retro unreal myth is false and debunked ages ago.

I am actually surprised to see it surface again.

As for the topic...

Unreal 4 will work just fine on wii u....

BUT Epic has no intention of doing it.

Called it.

I will say its more than a myth yet yes its not confirmed by retro or epic. On topic I'm fine with what Wii U will be able to do from a graphics standpoint. Give me Zelda HD demo level in REALTIME 1080p and 60fps and "I'm" happy.

#11 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

I'm not too happy about the fact he says they have "no intention to bring the engine to Wii U", however. I mean really, they're supporting it on phones, yet the Wii U is out of the question? And we still have to wonder whether these "ports" he talks about are going to be actually relatively equal to 720/PS4 versions or if they're just going to be downscaled to the point where it becomes an obviously inferior version...

Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but this doesn't exactly sound too good. I'm disappointed, Epic. -_-

you see.. Epic is trying to sell it's engine... they are trying to push everyone to buy the engine... so to use the engine, at high scale, it need good hardware.. it's not good if the hardware is too weak, it need to be scaled down so much, that its better to use unreal 3.. like some forummer here said, unreal 3.x can already achieve a batrainbow insane effects... I for one don't really care, but there are ppl who care and I respect that...

so why mobile phone? mobile phone become obsolete very fast... 100 times faster than console (exaggerating).. their hardware is continously changing.. apple bring out new device every year, with better hardware each release... as for android, there is always a new one almost everyday (exaggerating again, I know)! each with better hardware from before... so eventually, phones will be able to support better features of the engine.. so there is always increasing demand for better engines and graphics... not to mention the size of smartphone gaming market..

console on the other hand, stays on the same hardware for a long time... 6-10 years.. if the console can't use the engine, then Epic can't do anything.. the engine Epic build won't sell to the console developers... even so, there is always PC developers, why would Epic bother? I don't know.. I believe there are more developers for consoles rather than PC... even on PC, there isn't much games that use Unreal engine doesn't it? I don't know, please enlighten me on this..

so wii u is out, with not that much of a leap in hardware... of course Epic will be dissappointed... only Sony and microsoft is left.. from the rumor thats whirling about, microsoft may not pushing for that much better hardware too.. as for sony, who knows what is going on in their head... if you are on Epic side, I bet you'll be worried... I wonder how much profit did Epic gained from selling the engine.. I heard the price is 250k per licence.. well i don't know honestly...

there is one thing I hope, developers.. don't play on Epic's hand... high end graphics costs too much... you can see how many developers has died this gen... how many IP's has gone with it... simply because the break even sale point is just too high.. and ppl are very2 selective on a $60 games... just develop a with good enough graphics to suit the game setting, and good gameplay, and i'll be happy.. and I believe many would too...

this is my view on this... I could be wrong.. but, it's just seems too fishy... many developers died of high cost of game development.. but still they want to push it, making it even more costlier...

well that's it... turns out a long post :ph34r:
urhhh.. potatoes?

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

How he said it was weird but this is what he's saying.

Wii U does support Unreal Engine 4 it's just no game in development for the Wii U by Epic right now is supporting it, they are using Unreal Engine 3.

#13 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

How he said it was weird but this is what he's saying.

Wii U does support Unreal Engine 4 it's just no game in development for the Wii U by Epic right now is supporting it, they are using Unreal Engine 3.

No he's saying that they feel ue3 is a good fit. It can run ue4 if you want it to but it's not going to
Max anything out. Next gen games will have to be scaled down

Posted Image

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

I will say its more than a myth yet yes its not confirmed by retro or epic. On topic I'm fine with what Wii U will be able to do from a graphics standpoint. Give me Zelda HD demo level in REALTIME 1080p and 60fps and "I'm" happy.

It was just some kid on a forum who was sifting through a rip of metroid prime and recognized the cook command and realized its also used in unreal script.

Having the term cook used to compile assets into a single executable file is INCREDIBLY common. I mean think about it... The words 'cook'.

Also common is bake. For similar reasons.

As was stated by pretty much everyone he brought this up to and every forum the story spread to.

As for zelda, if history is any indication, you will be very happy. Every zelda tech demo ever made has been surpassed in visuals by the actual game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Epic isn't planning any games on the Wii U, from the rumors the Wii U will be the only game system with an IBM processor. That requires work to make Epic supporting Wii U. The fact it CAN run means the Wii U a modern chipset.. Remember, the Wii U could not run Unreal 3, scaled down or not. The only reason he says its more of a fit (Unreal 3) is it all ready supports IBM processors.

Side note about phones. Phones use ARM processors or some form of it. Those will be found in Windows 8 tablets and laptops. Of course they will support mobile phones. But does that mean an iPhone 6 will be more powerful then a Wii U?

#16 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Epic is being hateful on the Wii U they just don't wanna admit it.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

It was just some kid on a forum who was sifting through a rip of metroid prime and recognized the cook command and realized its also used in unreal script.

Having the term cook used to compile assets into a single executable file is INCREDIBLY common. I mean think about it... The words 'cook'.

Also common is bake. For similar reasons.

As was stated by pretty much everyone he brought this up to and every forum the story spread to.

As for zelda, if history is any indication, you will be very happy. Every zelda tech demo ever made has been surpassed in visuals by the actual game.

Spaceworld 2000 Zelda looked better then Wind Waker.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Epic isn't planning any games on the Wii U, from the rumors the Wii U will be the only game system with an IBM processor. That requires work to make Epic supporting Wii U. The fact it CAN run means the Wii U a modern chipset.. Remember, the Wii U could not run Unreal 3, scaled down or not. The only reason he says its more of a fit (Unreal 3) is it all ready supports IBM processors.

Side note about phones. Phones use ARM processors or some form of it. Those will be found in Windows 8 tablets and laptops. Of course they will support mobile phones. But does that mean an iPhone 6 will be more powerful then a Wii U?

Its closer than even that.

Epic said iphones specifically before any platform was announced....

Which run off x86 instructon sets.... Just like the i7's epic built unreal 4 on.

And now, the one console that runs power isa instruction sets Epic has announced they wont support it despite being powerful enough?

Hmmmm......

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

No he's saying that they feel ue3 is a good fit. It can run ue4 if you want it to but it's not going to
Max anything out. Next gen games will have to be scaled down

He's also saying if devs want to use Unreal Engine 4 on Wii U they can.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Its closer than even that.

Epic said iphones specifically before any platform was announced....

Which run off x86 instructon sets.... Just like the i7's epic built unreal 4 on.

And now, the one console that runs power isa instruction sets Epic has announced they wont support it despite being powerful enough?

Hmmmm......

That's why i'm saying Epic is choosing not to work on Wii U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!