• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

excuse me ITS MAde for phones but wiiu NOT and wiiu needs a down scale EXCUSE ME A PHONE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN Wii U EXCUSE ME

epic HATE nintendo he is clearly making that point and nothing has changed LOL AT FOR PHONES BUT NOT Wiiu

AND LOL @ MULTI PLATFORM ENGINES I WANT WIIU ENGINES

Dude whatever ue4 was what made for wii u in mind the wii u is more suited to ue3

#42 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

Well if Metroid Prime 3 was using Unreal 2.9 then I hope Metroid Prime 4 uses 3.9

#43 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

Dude whatever ue4 was what made for wii u in mind the wii u is more suited to ue3

because a guy that hates nintendo from a company that refuse to back a nintendo system said so SO IF MARK REIN STATED HE HAS A PET UNICORN I HAVE TO TAKE THAT AS FACT ALSO AHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm all righty then people like mark DONT LIE is your suggestion LOL @ THOSE APPLES

mark rein has done to wiiu what he did to 3DS but this time changed his wording as many people flamed him for lying

he said 3DS not powerful enough for unreal mobile then stated it ran on BY FAR WEAKER SYSTEMS THAN 3DS making himself and epic look totally silly pony not part or some silly pony TOTAL silly pony it was epic not backing 3DS IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 3ds POWER

the unreal mobile would have to be PORTED TO 3DS but he didnt say that he blatently lied and capcoms mt framework runs on 3DS and that eats unreal mobile for breakfast 10 x over capcom clearly ported to the 3DS there engine mark blatently lied as to try hurt 3ds WHILST EPIC MADE CRAP FOR PHONES

this tiome instead of blatent lying he stelth lied instead of wiiu not powerful enough WITCH HE WOULD BE FLAMED AGAIN FOR LYING >>FACT<< he said yes it runs but it will need porting we as a company dont back nintendo

thats what really happened and grown ups understand this .............

this guy has been found out like a ogre in a mens room so many times he said at a nintendo meeting before wii released all sorts of outlandish nonsense about nintendo

when iwata was talking about the living room becoming a playground for your console (clearly talking motion and new ways to play and letting the industry know there going to do new stuff like balance board etc)

mark reiun started shouting and ranting WHY WOULD YOU PLAY WITH THE TV OFF THATS LIKE PLAYING WITH YOUR F&&KING EYES CLOSED MAN AND TRIED TO RATTLE THE GROUD UP IN A ANTI NINTENDO MOVEMENT OR SOMETHING ONLY TO BE TOLD TO SHUT UP OR LEAVE A TRUE STORY

he is so anti console anti nintendo he will say anything to try talk people into crap gaming ,he called wii a virus totally not understanding disruption ...he keeps refuring to ios as gaming devices like tablets etc again its all wishful thinking nintendo didnt exist

epic games as well as many other USA based software and gaming companys HATE NINTENDO

jesus some people here need a reality check and a history lesson

#44 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

Well, if you are going to bring that up, you might as well include EVERYTHING Rein said.

Like he expects Unreal 3 to be for ps4 and xbox 3 as well, and that he made the unreal 3 Samaritan demo for what epic thinks the next gen consoles will be capable of.

Quite frankly very little impressed me graphically about ur4. The leap from ur2 to 3 this was not.

However, I in fact DO see a future for ur4 on next gen consoles. Not because of graphics. Ur4 is so scalable it will run.on smart phones... What impressed me was ur4's advancements creation tool set. Many of the new things they brought to the table are MOST impressive, and being that, I more or less called out epic on needing to advance this area more than graphics upon first seeing ur4 (before seeing creation debugging etc) I absolutely have to give them props.

And I KNOW Devs want these powerful tools, A LOT. UR4 will be a fantastic engine to use on any platform because of this. Ur4 in my opinion, will be far more sought after for this than any manner of fancy graphics....

And strangely, because of this, i really feel like rein is selling his own engine... well, short.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#45 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

DIDNT NINTENDO crash the usa computer industry in the 1980s and didnt nintendo disrupt and destroy atari and didnt congress try banning nintendo from trading in the usa and also tried to claim nintendos profits as ataris ALL TRUE ENEN BOOKS WRITEN ABOUT IT

and both epic games and the quake guys ID SOFTWARE have pushed anti nintendoism for 20 years WAKE UP TO INDUSTRY TRUTH also when asked who should computer companys fear steve jobs replyed NINTENDO

Edited by silverismoney, 20 July 2012 - 08:03 AM.

#46 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

DIDNT NINTENDO crash the usa computer industry in the 1980s and didnt nintendo disrupt and destroy atari and didnt congress try banning nintendo from trading in the usa and also tried to claim nintendos profits as ataris ALL TRUE ENEN BOOKS WRITEN ABOUT IT

and both epic games and the quake guys ID SOFTWARE have pushed anti nintendoism for 20 years WAKE UP TO INDUSTRY TRUTH also when asked who should computer companys fear steve jobs replyed NINTENDO

No, Atari crashed the USA market. Nintendo took a chanceand saved it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#47 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

No, Atari crashed the USA market. Nintendo took a chanceand saved it.

And were ridiculed incessantly for trying it.

Called morons for trying to enter a dead market.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#48 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

And were ridiculed incessantly for trying it.

Called morons for trying to enter a dead market.

To think, we never would have had Playstation, Xbox, Call of Duty if Nintendo never took that chance.

#49 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

lol at pc fanboys distorting history it took years and new hardware just to get mario type games in 2d running on pc BUT PC WAS AHEAD RIGHT LOL

#50 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

lol at pc fanboys distorting history it took years and new hardware just to get mario type games in 2d running on pc BUT PC WAS AHEAD RIGHT LOL

Actually, graphically, the nes was a generation or so behind what core gamers were playing on pcmachines of the time.

For example, the previous gen had hardcore gamers playing the commadore 64, called such, no, im not going to say the cpu bus size, lol, it was for its whopping 64 kib of ram... As opposed to the gen later nes with 2 kib ram.

The c64 had all kinds of classic 2d sidescroller action.

Sorry for not embedding, but these are some old obscure sites, with pictures the people prpbably forgot they put up. I dont want to hotlink their bandwidth away and remind them to remove their old pictures.

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/c/creatures_2_09.gif

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/m/mayhem_in_monsterland_08.gif

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/t/turrican_ii_-_the_final_fight_13.gif

Man turrican was a blast.

www.lemon64.com/games/screenshots/full/s/shadow_of_the_beast_02.gif

Heh, shadow of the beast.

Of course, the c64 had already been out a good 4-5 years before the nes hit. So by the time the nes hit commodors amiga was around.

www.gamescares.com/main/images/stories/shadowbeast.jpg

Nintendos nes hardware was obsolete for 4-5 years when it debuted. Hardcore gamers HATED the nes. Daid it was a crap kiddy system that was ruining gaming.

It wasnt hardware prowess that Ninte.do dominated the market with. It was game design that was completely unmatched anywhere else, even on the more powerful systems... And mafia-esque strongarm tactics.... but thats a tale.for another time

Edited by 3Dude, 23 July 2012 - 08:16 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#51 zerocritz

zerocritz

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

1. What I don't understand is that they "Release New games on the Wii U and they said Mario and pikmin will be 720p but it runs on a 60 fps" What is up with Nintendo
2. They said port games like batman and etc will be 1080p BUT WITH 30 FPS ??????
3. Fail Just put it 60 fps 1080p if we need to pay more for better quality and better looking games and with the power of this console to be able to port more games and have brand new fresh games it would Wreck. Not only that they release a game called " Nintendo land with no Online multilayer ..." This is getting old , My family doesn't want to play wii u every day . And some games require 3 people "Meaning you cant play the best games in Nintendo land alone" . Nintendo will lose to much money by producing games that are not Online like Nintendo land . if it were Online I swear to all gaming industries, this game would probably still be played in 2013-2014 Seriously
4. Most games like (Nintendo land ) require more then 2 people to play. Nintendo is focusing more in hardcore but they Fail on there release game that requires alot of family members or friends to play . This discussion of mine wouldn't happen if they where smart enough to add online like xbox 360 and ps3 . Thats why they fail . nintendo would win easily if there games had better online game play like both play station and Microsoft Xbox consoles.
90 % of games on xbox and ps3 are online (all online games work Very well )
20 % of games on the wii are online (Online game play is Terrible comparing to pc , xbox , ps3.)
Keep the pros
Get rid of the cons
Best console of 2012-2013

#52 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

1. What I don't understand is that they "Release New games on the Wii U and they said Mario and pikmin will be 720p but it runs on a 60 fps" What is up with Nintendo
2. They said port games like batman and etc will be 1080p BUT WITH 30 FPS ??????
3. Fail Just put it 60 fps 1080p if we need to pay more for better quality and better looking games and with the power of this console to be able to port more games and have brand new fresh games it would Wreck. Not only that they release a game called " Nintendo land with no Online multilayer ..." This is getting old , My family doesn't want to play wii u every day . And some games require 3 people "Meaning you cant play the best games in Nintendo land alone" . Nintendo will lose to much money by producing games that are not Online like Nintendo land . if it were Online I swear to all gaming industries, this game would probably still be played in 2013-2014 Seriously
4. Most games like (Nintendo land ) require more then 2 people to play. Nintendo is focusing more in hardcore but they Fail on there release game that requires alot of family members or friends to play . This discussion of mine wouldn't happen if they where smart enough to add online like xbox 360 and ps3 . Thats why they fail . nintendo would win easily if there games had better online game play like both play station and Microsoft Xbox consoles.
90 % of games on xbox and ps3 are online (all online games work Very well )
20 % of games on the wii are online (Online game play is Terrible comparing to pc , xbox , ps3.)
Keep the pros
Get rid of the cons
Best console of 2012-2013

Didn't you post this exact wording in another topic?

#53 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure all the demonstrated wii u games were at 720p 30fps even the basic 2D games and its been announced that some may be 60fps.

http://wiiudaily.com...es-run-in-720p/

I had a feeling that a couple of wiiware type titles were 1080p and possibly Rayman Origins. Generally though the wii u is performing at the same resolution as existing consoles which are also capable of 1080p for some titles.

That is the reality currently.

As for any pc comparison it gets really difficult, some games run at high fps at 1080p on fairly humble pc hardware but more cutting edge games are more demanding. Generally if the PC gets a straight 360/PS3 conversion with no enhanced textures etc a low/mid end pc nowadays could do that with 1080p 60fps.

The wii u is not a powerful console, its not going to blossom into some super powerful console later in life if the easy development rumours are true.

Nintendo are releasing a 720p console, that is clearly its most comfortable resolution which will represent most of its games.

#54 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm pretty sure all the demonstrated wii u games were at 720p 30fps even the basic 2D games and its been announced that some may be 60fps.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-games-run-in-720p/

I had a feeling that a couple of wiiware type titles were 1080p and possibly Rayman Origins. Generally though the wii u is performing at the same resolution as existing consoles which are also capable of 1080p for some titles.

As for any pc comparison it gets really difficult, some games run at high fps at 1080p on fairly humble pc hardware but more cutting edge games are more demanding. Generally if the PC gets a straight 360/PS3 conversion with no enhanced textures etc a low/mid end pc nowadays could do that with 1080p 60fps.

The wii u is not a powerful console, its not going to blossom into some super powerful console later in life if the easy development rumours are true.

Nintendo are releasing a 720p console, that is clearly its most comfortable resolution which will represent most of its games.

Resolution is not the be all end all you are making it out to be.

You can render an n64 game natively at 1080p via emulators, and it still looks like an outdated pile of crap compared to a 360 game running at 480p.

Also, most 360/ps3 games are also natively rendered sub hd and simply upscaled.... And I dont even need to mention launch games.

I dont expect the wii u, or really ANY console next gen to compete with pc either. But you just blow things out of proportion to the point of ridiculousness.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#55 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

stuff

hehe, your just playing with us
thanks for summing up my fears.
but nothing happened yet, and i dont recall a 1080p 30fps thing either (in fact, we dont even know if it runs at 720p XD)
trust me, i can be you when the console comes out and shows to be bad, but assuming things that have not even revealed yet is bad as well

you would of been a lot more respected if you said (i predict) and gave away a few sources, kinda some work, but you will know you posted something to show what might be happening

Edited by uh20, 23 July 2012 - 08:06 PM.

:laugh:

#56 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-games-run-in-720p/

Right...

Despite a vastly superior GPU/CPU combination, tons more ram, and greater efficiency than anything we've seen from a console to date.

According to your logic, the 360 should never have gotten gears of war a year after launch due to the initial games looking like Xbox 1 games.

And the Wii U will be the only console running ac3, which is just a port of code that is designed to run great on 360, in 1080p @ 60fps.

We aren't talking about fairy dust and magic here. We are talking about hardware. Architecture, and the interconnects that make it all play nicely together.

The Wii U Most certainly is a very powerful console.

You'll never see graphics that will blow you away from Nintendo first party games (unless they get serious with Metroid). That's not their forte.

Many U games started as Wii or 360 projects. Therefore, that's what they look like.

Nintendo lacked a "killer app" for E3.

That's how "killer (no pun intended) Freaks" became "Zombi U.". They needed a flagship title and they got one in a hurry.

But even for that game, the code base is not near what it could be. Sure it's exclusive, but that's only in terms of sales and IP, not underlying code.

No one who buys a Wii U will regret it. They'll get the best looking games now -including PC.

And in a year from now, the real power will be on display. The kind of graphics that define the "look" of the system. We havent seen that yet.

All we've seen up to this point has been an exclusive game and ports that have Xbox based code as their foundation, some cheesy looking 2D gfx for Mario, wii looking NintendoLand, and that about sums it up.

Doesn't sound that great? Here's the kicker: each of those ports is a better and better looking game on Wii U than any other platform it's out on, and games that start life on the system with a good investment of developer talent, time, and vision, will be a marked departure from the "look" of current generation console gaming.

The Wii U is a powerful console. Much more so than the current generation.

But like the launch period of the Xbox and ps3 that came before, you haven't seen anything yet.

What has been shown is still better than its competition. But that's really just a hint at things to come.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 24 July 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#57 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Right...

Despite a vastly superior GPU/CPU combination, tons more ram, and greater efficiency than anything we've seen from a console to date.

According to your logic, the 360 should never have gotten gears of war a year after launch due to the initial games looking like Xbox 1 games.

And the Wii U will be the only console running ac3, which is just a port of code that is designed to run great on 360, in 1080p @ 60fps.

We aren't talking about fairy dust and magic here. We are talking about hardware. Architecture, and the interconnects that make it all play nicely together.

The Wii U Most certainly is a very powerful console.

You'll never see graphics that will blow you away from Nintendo first party games (unless they get serious with Metroid). That's not their forte.

Many U games started as Wii or 360 projects. Therefore, that's what they look like.

Nintendo lacked a "killer app" for E3.

That's how "killer (no pun intended) Freaks" became "Zombi U.". They needed a flagship title and they got one in a hurry.

But even for that game, the code base is not near what it could be. Sure it's exclusive, but that's only in terms of sales and IP, not underlying code.

No one who buys a Wii U will regret it. They'll get the best looking games now -including PC.

And in a year from now, the real power will be on display. The kind of graphics that define the "look" of the system. We havent seen that yet.

All we've seen up to this point has been an exclusive game and ports that have Xbox based code as their foundation, some cheesy looking 2D gfx for Mario, wii looking NintendoLand, and that about sums it up.

Doesn't sound that great? Here's the kicker: each of those ports is a better and better looking game on Wii U than any other platform it's out on, and games that start life on the system with a good investment of developer talent, time, and vision, will be a marked departure from the "look" of current generation console gaming.

The Wii U is a powerful console. Much more so than the current generation.

But like the launch period of the Xbox and ps3 that came before, you haven't seen anything yet.

What has been shown is still better than its competition. But that's really just a hint at things to come.

Why not stick to the information we are being given regarding the resolution of games rather than go into fantasy mode? We don't know the gpu and cpu is vastly superior thats the problem. The evidence suggests something around current gen performance gpu/cpu wise but more memory.

#58 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Why not stick to the information we are being given regarding the resolution of games rather than go into fantasy mode? We don't know the gpu and cpu is vastly superior thats the problem. The evidence suggests something around current gen performance gpu/cpu wise but more memory.

The only information we REALLY have, is that the cpu in current devkits is clocked slightly slower than in the 360/ps3....

Which doesnt tell us anything other than slightly lower flop performance, which is actually pretty irrelevant unless you are trying to port a game from a system designed for a different architecture with the least amount of changes possible. Look up dryhstones vs whetstones. General purpose operations whoop the crap out of flops, especially for cpus, which typically dont go around crunching vertices, or offsetting pixels.

We have a butt ton more ram, Which is HUGELY indictive of a large change of power.

And an audio dsp, which completely removes the cpu of the burden of sound processing, essentially meaning it can match a higher clocked/performing cpu that DOESNT have a dsp to offload audio duties too.

To say the only thing a GB more ram could possibly be used for is a bump in resolution, is completely assinine.

The best looking 360 games didnt start to come out until Microsoft removed their 720p native res requirement.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#59 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

@Desert Punk Why don't you stick to actual info we know? Look, lets just take what YOU KNOW from previous posts. One, the Wii U will be 2 times the power of current gen. Last time i checked, thats not the power of current gen. This ain't your fathrrs old Xbox, okay? It is an improvement, even based off your own words (note: you are wrong, btw, the rumor you based that off said 2 to 4 times the power ... link http://www.nintengen...k-gpu-info.html )

Second, the Xbox 8 will be, i believe you said 6 times the current gen. Which, again only means the Wii U is 2 to 4 times less powerful then the new Xbox. Which, btw, you take the best case, with the actual document saying 4 to 6 times the power of current gen. Link to that right here ... http://www.slashgear...anded-21235162/

Which really means, if you take the best csse for Wii U to be 4 times the current gen, and worst case for new Xbox, they are the same power wise. Best case for both, the Wii U is only two times less powerful next Xbox.

And, according to your words, two times the power of anything is around the same power, right? So the Wii U is around the power of the next Xbox.

Now thats of course, your sources believes. I personally believe thd Wii U is next gen, it will be able to run UE4, and in about a year we'll see better graphics then what we seen with ZombiU. That's what i believe based off what we actually know, and not silly rumors.

#60 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

That's exactly the problem. You are the one in fantasy. Even with information that is available to all consumers, what you say is pure fantasy from a negative perspective.
Even with your erroneous resolution hypotheses, you fail to reconcile the differences between Assassin's creed and batman (as well as other games) concerning resolution and frame-rate. Nintendo also have publicly stated that the sub 1080P resolution is more of a launch period item. In other words, these games started out on very early hardware and had to continue the build out with not enough time to adjust everything every time a new hardware spec was approved. That's why launch games are what they are.

If you have ever had to work on or manage a project creating a game or anything remotely close to the scope of that, you would know that your performance budget gets set early. many parameters get set and you build out within those parameters. Your target hardware may end up being much more capable than when you started (and that's not even considering architecture changes), whether it is due to install base (marketing), change of target hardware (different system), or dev kit spec bump (actual hardware performance). But you still have a deadline to get it done by. So you don't stop and rewrite your code and redevelop your assets. You work with what you have, finding little things to improve.

It's all what studios want to do with the time they have had with the final hardware.

Not everyone on this forum is a child just hoping for the next Kirby game to look like the UE4 demo. Some of us just might know a tiny bit of what it takes.

Enough trolling already.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 24 July 2012 - 01:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!