#1 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Perfect Dark, SSB, SvR, Fighting Games

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

!!!I ASK THAT YOU PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING IN THIS TOPIC IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEAS FOR FINAL SMASHES, IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF FINAL SMASHES OR IF YOU'RE ONLY HERE TO TALK DOWN THE IDEA OF FINAL SMASHES!!! THANK YOU (:D)

Here's an idea I've had in my mind for a while...like ever since SSBB was released.

More than likely, Nintendo will EVENTUALLY have a Street Fighter character or Street Fighter characters in Super Smash Bros. so I believe Nintendo will have to step things up a notch from Brawl to make this game BETTER overall.

I suggest throwing in 3 Final Smashes instead of one.

The Street Fighter characters are know for having MANY signature Super Moves, so lets assume that the Nintendo characters will also have more Super Moves this time around. Working off this idea will open up MANY new Final Smash ideas for ALL the fighters!!!

We will assume that the 3 Final Smash System will work like the 3 Super Move system in Street Fighter III: Third Strike. At the character select menu, players will have the choice of selecting one of three Final Smashes.
(I will repeat this again...THE FIGHTERS CAN ONLY CHOOSE 1 OF THE 3 FINAL SMASHES BEFORE THE MATCH BEGINS)
Depending on which Final Smash is selected will result in certain conditions for breaking the Smash Ball.

Lets use the Street Fighter character Ryu for example since he's the most basic and balanced character the series has to offer.

If he were in a Super Smash Bros. game with the 3 Final Smash System implemented, the system would work like this:

Final Smash 1: Shinkuu Hadouken (The beam version from the VS. games) - This will be Ryu's most basic and WEAKEST Final Smash. It travels long distance and it's easy to deal damage to opponents at a distance, BUT lets say it only does a maximum of 50-55% damage if it FULLY connects. HERE'S THE TWIST!!! For picking his "weaker" Final Smash, this allows Ryu to break the Smash Ball more easily than normal if he were to pick say a "stronger" Final Smash.

Final Smash 2: Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku - This is Ryu's Super Move that you see often in Capcom cross over games. This Final Smash isn't as easy to hit with, but the damage is MUCH greater than his first Final Smash; probably 70-85% if it FULLY connects. This move works great on opponents that have SURROUNDED you instead of having to space yourself away from your opponents like his Shinkuu Hadouken. This move of course hits multiple opponents and also sucks in opponents if they are within a certain distance. I can see enemies being swarmed with lightning as Ryu spins and strikes them with his foot (Ryu's element is lightning for those of you that didn't know. Ken's element is Fire). This move sends opponents flying horizontally on the last hit. This move sounds quite powerful, no? HERE'S THE NEXT TWIST!!! Choosing THIS Final Smash will make it a little harder for Ryu to break the Smash Ball!!! Do you see where I'm going with this?

Final Smash 3: Shin Shouryuuken - This move is OBVIOUSLY Ryu's STRONGEST FINAL SMASH!!! The damage is insane!!!! Probably 105-150%...pretty much guaranteeing a K.O. if you land it. Landing it though is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT!!! Your opponent must be at CLOSE RANGE!!! IN YOUR FACE!!! They'd have to be pretty stupid to get caught by this, but if you're a skilled SSB Ryu player...you can find ways of connecting with this DEADLY FINAL SMASH!!! Also, this move is made to hit only one opponent (Like Link's Tri Force Slash) BUT if two or three opponents happen to be right in front of you...then they will also take damage from the move. Breaking the Smash Ball takes a while with this Final Smash selected.

There you have it. That's my idea. Each character will have 3 Final Smashes set in this type of way: A long distance move(A projectile of some sorts or a dash type move that only connects if you touch an opponent), a move for hitting opponents that have surrounded you, and a nearly instant K.O. move that's VERY HARD to land and EASY to waste. How about more TRANSFORMATION type Final Smashes like when Sonic turns into Super Sonic or when Bowser turns into Giga Bowser? Can you imagine Link turning into Fierce Deity Link as his 3rd and most powerful Final Smash?

The Final Smashes don't necessarily have to be in that order, but ALL characters will have 3 Final Smashes, and each one will have a sort of handicap for breaking the Smash Ball depending on the power of the Final Smash and which type of Final Smash you've selected.

REMEMBER! ONLY 1 OF THE 3 FINAL SMASHES CAN BE SELECTED BEFORE THE MATCH BEGINS!

What do you think???

Got any Final Smash ideas that could be used for some of your favorite characters (or characters you wish were in SSB) based off of this make-believe 3 Final Smash System? Sound off below...and remember...just have fun with the idea. Get creative! ;)

...I mean heck...you never know WHO could be watching, right?

Maybe a Nintendo spy is lurking...snooping around and watching for what everyone would like to see in the next game?

Maybe looking for new ideas? Who knows?

Edited by Sirralart RCP120, 19 June 2011 - 10:49 AM.

AWESHUM SAUCE!!! **(^_^)**

Female protagonists are GREAT!!!

My Smackdown vs Raw 2011 keyword for the PS3 is TRALARRIS. If you like ORIGINAL DIVA CAWs look them up!

#2 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Awesome idea. Kinda like what I want to see also...... Apparently great minds think alike!!!! Nice thoughts!
Posted Image

#3 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Sounds a lot more logical than my Smash Armor concept. Great idea!

Edited by nintendofreak247, 16 June 2011 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

Awesome idea. Kinda like what I want to see also...... Apparently great minds think alike!!!! Nice thoughts!

Cool, Cool. **(:D)**

Well, you got any ideas based off of this system?

Sounds a lot more logical than my Smash Armor concept. Great idea!

If you have any Final Smash ideas for the 3 Final Smash System, don't be hesitant to say them. I read your Armor idea so I know you can think of at least 3 Final Smash ideas for one character. ;)

Edited by Feld0, 16 June 2011 - 02:20 PM.

My Smackdown vs Raw 2011 keyword for the PS3 is TRALARRIS. If you like ORIGINAL DIVA CAWs look them up!

#5 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

KIRBY (my favorite character)

Final Smash 1: Bringing back the cooking pot final smash from brawl. This time with more interesting drops that come out of the pot.

Final Smash 2: Kirby sucks up any character in front of him. They take damage in his mouth until together they either struggle their way out OR Kirby can swallow all the characters outright. By swallowing, he gains multiple powers that combine and interact to form new bigger and better combo-powers. Perhaps Kirby could even be bigger for a short time after swallowing.

Final Smash 3: Multiple kirbys of all different colors and costumes come down from the sky on warp stars for 5 to 10 seconds. 10% of the time a giant kirby comes down the center of the screen on a giant warp star.

There you have it. Hope you like it.

#6 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

KIRBY (my favorite character)

Final Smash 1: Bringing back the cooking pot final smash from brawl. This time with more interesting drops that come out of the pot.

Final Smash 2: Kirby sucks up any character in front of him. They take damage in his mouth until together they either struggle their way out OR Kirby can swallow all the characters outright. By swallowing, he gains multiple powers that combine and interact to form new bigger and better combo-powers. Perhaps Kirby could even be bigger for a short time after swallowing.

Final Smash 3: Multiple kirbys of all different colors and costumes come down from the sky on warp stars for 5 to 10 seconds. 10% of the time a giant kirby comes down the center of the screen on a giant warp star.

There you have it. Hope you like it.

OMG!
That sounds like a heck of a lot of FUN!!! :D

#7 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

OMG!
That sounds like a heck of a lot of FUN!!! :D

It was fun to come up with! I especially liked the 2nd one. I'm going to dinner but I'll be back with more I hope.

Samus

Final Smash 1: The old smash with the OP beam. It already looked awesome in the last game, imagine that smash in full HD!

Final Smash 2:
Samus goes into the morph ball and flippers appear at the bottom left and right of the screen. The stage is temporarily turned into Metroid Pinball and anybody who gets touched by the morphball gets sent flying.

Final Smash 3:
Samus goes into her gunship and fires an all out assault. Uses a similar gameplay mechanics and view as snake's final smash from brawl.

OR

Final Smash 4: All of the other hunters from metroid prime hunters series appear on the stage as level 6 or 7 CPUs for 30 seconds. They only go after enemy units, leaving Samus unharmed. They can take damage like normal players and can possibly be knocked off screen. (although this is pretty ambitious because they would have to create movesets and character models).

#8 BenDavHa

BenDavHa

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Nice ideas dude!!! I totally agree!!!! :D

#9 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

Nice ideas dude!!! I totally agree!!!! :D

Thanks! I'm trying to think of what character to make a set for next, but I want to make sure it's a character I know well.

Mario (had to try and tackle this one eventually)

Final Smash 1:
Bringing back the old smash but with a wider area of effect, because let's be honest, it was damn near impossible to consistently hit people with the original.

Final Smash 2: Mario gets a mega mushroom while all enemies get mini mushrooms. The mushrooms' effects would last 20% longer than the normal amount of time.

Final Smash 3: Every enemy close to mario gets transported into a fast scrolling old school mario level. They either keep up with the scrolling screen or get KO'd. There would be several different fast scrolling levels to kept things unpredictable/harder for opponents.

Bowser

Final Smash 1:
Giga-Bowser is back of course. One of the best smashes from brawl IMO.

Final Smash 2:
Bowser raises his claw creating lava plumes and fire balls that streak across the screen causing large damage. Avoidable, but hard hitting.

Final Smash 3: Bowser swallows all nearby opponents are sucked into Bowser stomach and take massive but gradual damage from stomach acid (shown in a cutscene of sorts). The damage done is determined by how close the player was to Bowser when the smash was activated. The smash end by bowser belching out all players in a fireball, the direction of which the player can adjust for maximum KOs. (Inspired by Bowser's Inside Story BTW)

Edited by Feld0, 16 June 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#10 Sixxon

Sixxon

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Sonic
Final Smash One:Sonic Boom
Sonic turns into his spin form, and and dashes everywhere on the stage, and anyone who gets hit is screwed.
Final Smash Two:Sonic Heroes
Sonic goes to the top of the screen, and does a giant spin dash across the stage, then disappears, and Tails shoots a beam across the stage, then Knuckles comes and does a dig across the stage.
Final Smash Three:Super Sonic
Sonic turns into Super Sonic. 10% of the time he goes Hyper, and he can shoot a giant beam in Hyper form.

I think that would be awesome.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

Peach

Number 1:Same as Brawl

Number 2:Star Beam: Summons the 7 star Spirits and does the Peach Beam from Paper Mario 64

Number 3:Peach's Heart Bomb:Peach does her Peach Bomber, except this time, more powerful, and cause a big heart to apppear in the sky and explode.

Zelda

Number 1:Same as Brawl

Number 2:Magic Flare:Use all of her 3 Magic Abilities at the same time, causing utter chaos.

Number 3:Guardian's Light:3 Magic Lightballs appear in front of Zelda, and anyone who touches them, gets blown out of the stadium, by a flash.
Posted Image

#12 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

LUIGI

Final Smash 1: Negative Space

Same as Brawl

Final Smash 2: Poltergust 3000

Luigi pulls out his trusty ghost-vacuum and begins to suck in all players within a moderate range. While inside the vacuum, each victim takes 10% damage per second, and then gets shot out in the direction the player aims toward.

Final Smash 3: Snack Basket (Bowser's Inside Story)

Luigi pulls out a picnic basket and throws it into the air while opening his mouth and awaiting the rain of several snack foods. The screen focuses on Luigi, who the player must navigate to catch all of the food. If a good amount of food is caught, a newly plump Luigi leaps to the top of the screen and slams himself back down, sending out a shockwave that has the potential to instantly K.O. his victims.

Edited by nintendofreak247, 16 June 2011 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#13 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

LUIGI

Final Smash 1: Negative Space

Same as Brawl

Final Smash 2: Poltergust 3000

Luigi pulls out his trusty ghost-vacuum and begins to suck in all players within a moderate range. While inside the vacuum, each victim takes 10% damage per second, and then gets shot out in the direction the player aims toward.

Final Smash 3: Snack Basket (Bowser's Inside Story)

Luigi pulls out a picnic basket and throws it into the air while opening his mouth and awaiting the rain of several snack foods. The screen focuses on Luigi, who the player must navigate to catch all of the food. If a good amount of food is caught, a newly plump Luigi leaps to the top of the screen and slams himself back down, sending out a shockwave that has the potential to instantly K.O. his victims.

Finally getting contributions from users other than myself. I loved both of your new Luigi smashes. They draw inspiration from different games and seem like really cool ideas!

#14 DaPimpJ

DaPimpJ

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

But how will it work if all four characters (maybe more ) will be trying to break the ball at once and not all four of them will choose the same smash level. Unless its a global option. Smash level? 1,2,3

#15 KillerFreak

KillerFreak

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Marth:

Final Smash 1:His usual critical hit sword slash, 60% damage and all of that jazz.

Final Smash 2:Marth lunges towards the enemy, delivering a brutal combo of swings, dealing 90% damage.

Final Smash 3:Marth says "Lock on!" in japanese and delivers a deadly stab, rocketing the enemy off the stage and dealing 120% damage.

...And that's all I got.

#16 Toad

Toad

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Fox

Final Smash 1:
Landmaster. Same as Brawl.

Final Smash 2: Arwing. Works just like Dragoon in Brawl, pretty much guarantees a kill.

Final Smash 3: Barrel roll. Gets in his Arwing and flies in a straight line across the screen while spinning and deals 25%-50% damage to everyone he touches.
Winning.

#17 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

But how will it work if all four characters (maybe more ) will be trying to break the ball at once and not all four of them will choose the same smash level. Unless its a global option. Smash level? 1,2,3

They aren't levels of Smash exactly. Each 1 is equal in that they each would have their advantages. Every player can select 1 of 3 possible final smashes at the character select screen. That will be the smash they will get out of the smash ball for that round. I believe that is the core concept here.

Marth:

Final Smash 1:His usual critical hit sword slash, 60% damage and all of that jazz.

Final Smash 2:Marth lunges towards the enemy, delivering a brutal combo of swings, dealing 90% damage.

Final Smash 3:Marth says "Lock on!" in japanese and delivers a deadly stab, rocketing the enemy off the stage and dealing 120% damage.

...And that's all I got.

Excellent. I'm just glad people are picking up the slack for characters whose backgrounds I'm not as familiar with. Although Fire Emblem has grown on me.

#18 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

WOW!

I'm really happy that people are actually having fun with this idea!

All of your ideas are fantastic!!!

AWESHUM SAWCE!!! **(:angry:)**

Keep em' coming and send anyone that may have even more Final Smash ideas this way!!!

#19 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

More than likely, Nintendo will EVENTUALLY have a Street Fighter character or Street Fighter characters in Super Smash Bros.

I really doubt that. Not only would that be including characters from a 3rd party, but it would creating a cross-over fighting game. Nintendo doesn't do cross-overs. Besides. I like smash the way it is. It doesn't need to be like SF (except for the lack of tripping in SF =|).

Edited by Deboog, 18 June 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#20 Boba2007

Boba2007

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

am I the only one here who doesn't like final smashes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!