• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

First, I am pumped for the announcement coming up. I was not happy with E3 but, after a few months, I have started to gain interest again with the Wii U. I started thinking about something today. We know right now, many 3rd party games will be ports. So, they will be like the ps3 and 360 versions except with a little added bonus. It’s just how most will be for right now. Now, let’s say we get the 720 or ps4 or even both next year. Are we going to get a port that resembles a game for those systems or are we going to get ports of games that will still resemble the 360 and ps3 version? I am not trying to question the power of the system; I am questioning how 3rd parties are going to do this? I just don’t want the Wii u to fall behind with 3rd party games.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

It is too early to say. I am confident that the Wii U will get the support tho.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hmm, it really comes down to how the code is presented.

According to Vigil, it took them 5-10 minutes to get the whole of Darksiders 2 (or whatever they had at that point) to the Wii U. It may simply have been because they found it easy to port and have the genius to do so, or it really is easy to port games to the Wii U.

If the next Microsoft and Sony consoles are essentially harder to code for, then chances those consoles will receive ports of the Wii U version of games, making it the original (not always, whatever works easiest and/or best for the developer.)

The Wii U is a powerful machine, so it's not gonna drop out from being supported like the Wii did.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm not worried about it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

no we will get ports resembling games from the new systems, costs more to downgrade, costs more to upgrade too. that's why they usually look the same on all consoles
Posted Image

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

not worried, real devs have said wii u is very easy to develop for while having xbox 3, and ps4 dev kits in possesion.

i dont think we even have to have the thought of it not being supported because its going to be like the 360 of this new generation.in terms of development

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 22 August 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#7 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

no we will get ports resembling games from the new systems, costs more to downgrade, costs more to upgrade too. that's why they usually look the same on all consoles

Thats what I figured but I just was not sure cause what if those 2 systems are a few steps ahead of the wii u? I just doubt 3rd party developers would create a game for ps4/720 and then one special for wii u. Who knows! We still have a little ways till that happens

#8 PachanoP

PachanoP

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, ZombiU, Pikmin

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

not worried.
________________________________________________Posted Image

#9 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

hahaaa, well played!!
Posted Image

#11 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

hahaaa, well played!!

Who could resist Link's beautiful sparkling face when it's in HD?

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#12 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Nintendo isn't making the same mistakes that they made with the Wii. Hopefully we will get full ports of most titles on these other systems.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Nintendo will get the great games.

Console developers have really sunk into PPC development and will enjoy working with Power7 with its included PPC instruction set.

PC programmers will probably favor the Xbox 8 and PS4. But porting to Power7 from there will not be difficult. Especially considering a base P7 outperforms a comparable Intel i7. If the Wii U competitors go AMD, then the Wii U favors that much more.

In the end, it depends on two things: cachet and market. If it makes financial sense (and it will), then the developers will give their best effort in making Wii U games. Being that the Wii U is a powerhouse in its own right, it will enable studios to "show off" as well. Part of Nintendo being coy about the system's power is Iwata's philosophy. But there is another part - that they don't want to give MS and Sony a tip-off reason to freak out about the Wii U's specs and build better systems.

It's a win-win. Most folks I know will be buying a Wii U despite Nintendo's fail at marketing the thing. The games over the next year will do the talking and that's when people will stop guessing and go all in.

Personally, I believe the black Wii U will go great in my entertainment center and the GamePad would look at home on my coffee table, beckoning me to pick it up when I come home from work.

Very excited for this system and what it means for Nintendo. They clearly are focused on owning the videogaming market once again.

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

They better start marketing this thing... Everyone I talk about it to just thinks its a controller. I think they need to take wii out of the name and make it just the U... Never mind, just name it something different and it will do better.

Posted Image

The sole reason I bought the wii. SS and TP. The only games I enjoyed playing :) except brawl and galaxy 1.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Am I worry certainly but not with the power of the system the way I see it the quality of the third party supports will be determined by if the wiiu audience gives a damn about them if the VAST majority only buys Nintendo titles than the third party is going to suck if people buy the third party games than its going to be good.

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Nintendo will get the great games.

Console developers have really sunk into PPC development and will enjoy working with Power7 with its included PPC instruction set.

PC programmers will probably favor the Xbox 8 and PS4. But porting to Power7 from there will not be difficult. Especially considering a base P7 outperforms a comparable Intel i7. If the Wii U competitors go AMD, then the Wii U favors that much more.

In the end, it depends on two things: cachet and market. If it makes financial sense (and it will), then the developers will give their best effort in making Wii U games. Being that the Wii U is a powerhouse in its own right, it will enable studios to "show off" as well. Part of Nintendo being coy about the system's power is Iwata's philosophy. But there is another part - that they don't want to give MS and Sony a tip-off reason to freak out about the Wii U's specs and build better systems.

It's a win-win. Most folks I know will be buying a Wii U despite Nintendo's fail at marketing the thing. The games over the next year will do the talking and that's when people will stop guessing and go all in.

Personally, I believe the black Wii U will go great in my entertainment center and the GamePad would look at home on my coffee table, beckoning me to pick it up when I come home from work.

Very excited for this system and what it means for Nintendo. They clearly are focused on owning the videogaming market once again.

i agree except that they failed at marketing it . they have had press events for wii u everywhere and are having an event in new york next month. they havent even put out ads yet lol.

btw devs have said the wii u's infrastructure is really easy to deal with, btw it will be first to the market and third parties love new consoles to mess with the ps1,xbox360, NES, etc etc have had the most devs necause that system was released first.

They better start marketing this thing... Everyone I talk about it to just thinks its a controller. I think they need to take wii out of the name and make it just the U... Never mind, just name it something different and it will do better. The sole reason I bought the wii. SS and TP. The only games I enjoyed playing :) except brawl and galaxy 1.

if they think its just a controller then you arent explaining it right, or they just dont usually play videogames anyway lol.

that argument is old, the name wii will push at thing off the shelves faster than it would move without wii in the name. the name wii means socializing with people through gaming in the house and out, and the u means the experience will be personalized just for the gamer in you.

without the name wii u , the console would just not stand for the same thing.

Signature_Fox.png

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

I learned not to worry with Nintendo. I may look like a fanboy, but really, they see WAY further than probably any of us. I wasn't mindblown by E3, and I didn't feel deception, but a truckload of hype because of some new aspects brought to the table. Now with their advertisement stuff, everything is getting neat, people are now learning about the Wii U... and getting the hype virus.
Posted Image

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

I remember reading on this forum that the Wii U is supposedly easy to develop for. The code is simple and very developer friendly, much like the Xbox 360. If this is the case, along with the Wii U gaining commercial success and being stronger than the PS3 and 360, devs may choose the Wii U to be their console of choice when developing a game. Right now it's the 360 that is the most favoured for devs as they say the PS3 is difficult to develop on.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

Wrong thread...

Edited by storabajskorven, 22 August 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#20 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

why would i worry about a imature out of touch industry who cares i dont nintendo forever i game for me not them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!