Photo

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Officially Shown Off

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

This is not gonna look as good on consoles but I don't really mind since I also have a gaming pc. Oh btw hideo kojima spoke about the wii u back in march about how if he was going to make a game for it, it would have to be unique. Don't know if that means he doesn't want to have games like mgs on it but if that is the case then thats disappointing.

its just going to be one of the go to excuses for why a developer/publisher wont support the console. just watch how may developers use that excuse.

#22 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

Looks incredible.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#23 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I guess no one cares about how the kid has earbuds hooked up to his chest?

#24 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

I'm calling it, it's coming to the Wii U. This is what IMO next gen means. I mean come on. We're not seeing a next gen console (besides Wii U) anytime soon...
Posted Image

#25 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

im calling developer BS. i know MGS4 was praised for its visuals on PS3 so i guess we will see... like i said could care less they dont seem to be big nintendo fans anyway

yah but mgs4 looks way worse than this game. this game is pushing realism ( no kid)

Signature_Fox.png

#26 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

I guess no one cares about how the kid has earbuds hooked up to his chest?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I have no idea what that would be for.

e674231265.jpg

#27 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Was it just me or did anyone else notice the ripples on that guard's poncho? I hate that there is little information on this game at the moment but hopefully we'll be seeing this on the Wii U. I'm sure it can handle this kind of realism. Did anyone else notice the transition between him crouch-walking and the crawl? FRIGGIN FLAWLESS @_@.

I also don't doubt this being on the Wii U. Kojima takes a liking to Nintendo and their innovative ideas. I already see possibilities in using the Wii U gamepad with Ground Zeroes. I mean imagine using the Wii U game pad to make Big Boss control some kind of remote machine (similar to the mark II or a nikita missile) and directing its route via gamepad. That would be beast. Mind you, this was just a stray thought from a fan of the series. Imagine what a developer can come up with. I CANT WAIT!! ><!!
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#28 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Was it just me or did anyone else notice the ripples on that guard's poncho? I hate that there is little information on this game at the moment but hopefully we'll be seeing this on the Wii U. I'm sure it can handle this kind of realism. Did anyone else notice the transition between him crouch-walking and the crawl? FRIGGIN FLAWLESS @_@.

I also don't doubt this being on the Wii U. Kojima takes a liking to Nintendo and their innovative ideas. I already see possibilities in using the Wii U gamepad with Ground Zeroes. I mean imagine using the Wii U game pad to make Big Boss control some kind of remote machine (similar to the mark II or a nikita missile) and directing its route via gamepad. That would be beast. Mind you, this was just a stray thought from a fan of the series. Imagine what a developer can come up with. I CANT WAIT!! ><!!

Arghhhhhhhhh, that freakin' floor.. and light.. and that skin.. and that poncho in the wind.. I seriously can't with this. As realistic as this look, it still has a stylized feel and I'm.. freakin'... loving it.

I feel like some sort of link up with the Wii U hardware would be something Kojima would show off, no? It's hard to state anything on this considering, like you said, the little amount of info out though.. For now, I feel if we're going to get any MGS on the Wii U at all, it won't be as innovative with the system as most hope.

#29 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

I am sticking with the hope that this will undoubtedly come for the WiiU. It is a perfect fit for the system. And would boost sales like no tomorrow.

Remember that map thing Big Boss pulled out in the trailer? I already see that as being utilized by the WiiU Gamepad. He pulls it out and then your Gamepad turns into that exact device. Plus the Gamepad could be used for aiming sniper rifles and the like, similar to the way ZombiU uses the Gamepad.

OMG, I'm so hai-pee for this game.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#30 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

I am sticking with the hope that this will undoubtedly come for the WiiU. It is a perfect fit for the system. And would boost sales like no tomorrow.

Remember that map thing Big Boss pulled out in the trailer? I already see that as being utilized by the WiiU Gamepad. He pulls it out and then your Gamepad turns into that exact device. Plus the Gamepad could be used for aiming sniper rifles and the like, similar to the way ZombiU uses the Gamepad.

OMG, I'm so hai-pee for this game.

My only concern is with how the Wii U gamepad will feel when playing an MGS game... The Dualshock just feels so natural for it. It's light, and feels really agile for a stealth game. Something as bulky as the Wii U pad seems like it'd be a bit awkward, but I guess I'll wait until I get my hands on it first.

Posted Image

#31 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

My only concern is with how the Wii U gamepad will feel when playing an MGS game... The Dualshock just feels so natural for it. It's light, and feels really agile for a stealth game. Something as bulky as the Wii U pad seems like it'd be a bit awkward, but I guess I'll wait until I get my hands on it first.

I hear the Gamepad is really comfortable to hold. And I don't see why it would be any different from playing on the PS3. The Gamepad has all the same buttons, just a big screen in the middle. I like having my hands far apart though so I think I will enjoy it.
zZJ9pHB.png

#32 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I hear the Gamepad is really comfortable to hold. And I don't see why it would be any different from playing on the PS3. The Gamepad has all the same buttons, just a big screen in the middle. I like having my hands far apart though so I think I will enjoy it.

I can see the game pad working really well with a MGS game. (I've played one, and that is why I can say that with authority.) Like a bigger Dual Shock. I hope we see this game on there.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#33 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

I can see the game pad working really well with a MGS game. (I've played one, and that is why I can say that with authority.) Like a bigger Dual Shock. I hope we see this game on there.

I can see it too, MGS3D was just a small taste of how 2 screens can help a MGS game. Imagine all the cool gameplay elements that would be possible with a full console.
zZJ9pHB.png

#34 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I can see it too, MGS3D was just a small taste of how 2 screens can help a MGS game. Imagine all the cool gameplay elements that would be possible with a full console.

Yeah MGS3D was awesome on 2 screens. There is a lot of potential for Metal Gear on Wii U?

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!