• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

The proof is on the pudding. I've stated this MANY times, but launch titles are not a good gauge of graphical prowess.

What?

Lol, they clearly are.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Cant even tell the difference.

Which ones 360? which ones wii u? I cant tell, must be the same power systems.

Edited by 3Dude, 13 September 2012 - 11:30 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

What?

Lol, they clearly are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, your not understanding. No launch game looks as good as games later in the life cycle of a console. If you think otherwise then It's obvious you were born yesterday. Devs need time to fully utilize a new systems power.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#23 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

What?

Lol, they clearly are.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Which ones 360? which ones wii u? I cant tell, must be the same power systems.

Lol

Ports. Same assets. Same models, mostly same code.

Not an indicator of wii u horsepower.

Simply an example of what the Wii U can at least do (display superior versions of the exact same game).

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Yeah, your not understanding. No launch game looks as good as games later in the life cycle of a console. If you think otherwise then It's obvious you were born yesterday. Devs need time to fully utilize a new systems power.

Im totally understanding, Im being heavily sarcastic in my choice of words.

Although, comparing launch games TO launch games is actually completely viable. 99% of 360 launch games looked like xbox games in 1080p.

In fact, I could post screens of xbox games, like splinter cell and chronicles of riddick that make both the cod 2 and condemned screens look like poopy.

And uh... the other 2 screens I posted were cod 2 and condemned criminal origins on xbox360. Not wii u game ports. Way to inadvertantly let your knee jerk defend nintendo fanboyism have the opposite effect of its intent guys.

Now everybody has proof wii u fans cant tell the difference between launch 360 games that have never been shown announced or in any way indicated to be coming to wii u.... And A ground up wii u game that literally ***** all over the them.

wow.

Seriously, has a WWII game even been ANNOUNCED for wii u? Seriously?

Good job guys.

Edited by 3Dude, 13 September 2012 - 11:45 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

I second that. Getting tired...specifically of the graphic doom and gloom threads

Agreed. This nonsense about how crushed the system will be once the power of other systems is revealed really rains on my parade :[ There are plenty of other threads that speculate the specs of the console. We don't need a new thread for every opinion.

#26 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Im totally understanding, Im being heavily sarcastic in my choice of words.

Although, comparing launch games TO launch games is actually completely viable. 99% of 360 launch games looked like xbox games in 1080p.

In fact, I could post screens of xbox games, like splinter cell and chronicles of riddick that make both the cod 2 and condemned screens look like poopy.

And uh... the other 2 screens I posted were cod 2 and condemned criminal origins on xbox360. Not wii u game ports. Way to inadvertantly let your knee jerk defend nintendo fanboyism have the opposite effect of its intent guys.

Now everybody has proof wii u fans cant tell the difference between launch 360 games that have never been shown announced or in any way indicated to be coming to wii u.... And A ground up wii u game that literally ***** all over the them.

wow.

Seriously, has a WWII game even been ANNOUNCED for wii u? Seriously?

Good job guys.

Wow, way to be a dick.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#27 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

GET OUT. RIGHT NOW.

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

GET OUT. RIGHT NOW.

Guys, give him a sec.

He was obviously being sarcastic in the post that preceded this response.

If you know his post history, then you know he wasn't serious at all.

It was funny. But you had to get it.

Just a misunderstanding.

The wii u is showing currently all that has been asked of it, which isn't much beyond current gen. But the hardware itself is plenty beyond current gen.

The fact that lazy ports (excluding batman-they actually worked on it more than a couple weeks) eclipse the systems those games are heavily optimized for says more than you know.

#29 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Lol

So the wii u uses tech that pcs have used for a while now and it's a "bad" thing? Lol some people have no clue.

The CPU and gpu are beasts. They can also assist each other. That's a pro not a con.

The wii u is a winner in the hardware dept. . And the price shows how much they're willing to sacrifice at first to make it a sales success too.

And btw, every video gamer is a graphics person. It what puts the video in video games.

Except the game is the experience part, and you never here someone say "I'm gonna go play a video" NO!! people say "I'm gonna go play a game" or "i'm gonna go play a video game" The Game matters more than the video. ALthough I am a good fan of good graphics, but hey surely aren't everything.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#30 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Salutations! I just wanted to inform the author of this thread that Satoru Iwata stated in the Japanese briefing of the simulcast that the RAM is 2GB (1GB for the OS, 1GB for the memory) and the wattage for the system is 75 watts. He also made mention of the GPGPU that's been used for years in PC's, so... I think you need to take and deep breath and just let time reveal how third parties will take advantage of this new system.

Oh and here's the source: http://wiiudaily.com...ory-75-w-power/

#31 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

First of all, I do not like anyone that compares anything about Wii U to the so-called "next-gen" systems from Microsoft and Sony. They are still at least two years away, and we know literally nothing about them. For all we know, MS and/or Sony might decide to be smart and not overload their next systems with unnecessary power that will ultimately drive up the cost.

But yes, this has been confirmed by Iwata: http://www.neogaf.co...095&postcount=1
However, I do not see how a GPGPU is a bad thing. I've never even heard of it before today.

Edited by Hamez, 13 September 2012 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

I don't really care anymore about "PS4 vs. 720 vs. U" . The wii U specs are perfect, next gen or not. 2GB of overall RAM, and major CPU is enough for me.

Edited by Abcdude, 13 September 2012 - 08:47 PM.

794144.png?13383682

#33 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

I don't really care anymore about "PS4 vs. 720 vs. U" . The wii U specs are perfect, next gen or not. 2GB of overall RAM, and major CPU is enough for me.

The gpu is quite the performer as well. It is also more programmable and versatile than what consoles are used to. It's only a plus, not a minus.

Basically all the graphics power is there and then some. The gpu will aid the CPU in say, producing those "moments" from tv shows that were advertised at the presser. Really cool stuff like that that needs to happen super fast.

That's why we are seeing such a massive amount of ram available to the "system" - because there is a lot of memory intensive processing going on.

People are hilarious. It doesn't mean weak or not up to par. In reality, it's the best you could hope for. A gpu with greater capability in working with CPU.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 13 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#34 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Why are people still comparing WiiU to systems that haven't even been created, nor spoken of.

Who cares what system has the most damn power behind it. If the games are giving me hours upon hours of entertainment and don't bore the hell out of me then graphics do not matter. I'm tired of hearing graphics this and graphics that. I love good graphics too, but graphics don't have to be extremely incredibly realistic for a game to be good. It should be standard now that we have good graphics seeing as how the technology to produce such graphics has become cheaper. And guess what? It is standard and all consoles now have really good graphics. So everyone crying over WiiU graphics not being good should just go and sleep or something. They are wonderful and ahead of current gen.

Hmmmm graphics that are ahead of current gen and new ways to play games that don't exist in this gen. What's that called? Damn I forgot the word. Arrggghh!!!
Oh yeah now I remember. It's called Next-gen!! So shut up.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#35 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Why does there always have to be this "graphics war" between all the consoles? Just enjoy games for what they are: FUN!

#36 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

so if the gpgpu was 10x more powerful than the NOT thats what your saying sony or ms system didnt use it would that make the ps4 more powerful WHAT YOU HAVE SAID MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE WHATS SO EVER

ARE YOU SUGGESTING (I THINK U ARE) THAT GP GPU MEANS A GPU AS IN A INTEL THAT SHIPS IN A LOW END CPU FOR A LOW END SYSTEM LOL AT YOUR COMPUTER INDUSTRY IGNORENCE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i bet a million pounds you think system on chip also means that YOU DO DONT U i pitty your ignorence

its the old neogaffer beyond 3d er forum thread illness were they swear blind system on chip means crap gpu wiyth no ram (not understanding thats a design choice aimed at a market and the gpgpu or system on chip has nothing to do with performance the design and the processors USED DO )

his comfusing system on chip and gpgpu with thje whole a pc gamer wants a plug in gpu card and a cpu motherborad and ALL INTERGRATED SYSTEMS ARE WEAK

your clearly showing the whole earth how ignorent you are chips being closer together IMPROVES PERFORMANCE im not going to go into it aint in the mood but boy U DUMB

Edited by thehappening, 14 September 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#37 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

so if the gpgpu was 10x more powerful than the NOT thats what your saying sony or ms system didnt use it would that make the ps4 more powerful WHAT YOU HAVE SAID MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE WHATS SO EVER

ARE YOU SUGGESTING (I THINK U ARE) THAT GP GPU MEANS A GPU AS IN A INTEL THAT SHIPS IN A LOW END CPU FOR A LOW END SYSTEM LOL AT YOUR COMPUTER INDUSTRY IGNORENCE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i bet a million pounds you think system on chip also means that YOU DO DONT U i pitty your ignorence

its the old neogaffer beyond 3d er forum thread illness were they swear blind system on chip means crap gpu wiyth no ram (not understanding thats a design choice aimed at a market and the gpgpu or system on chip has nothing to do with performance the design and the processors USED DO )

his comfusing system on chip and gpgpu with thje whole a pc gamer wants a plug in gpu card and a cpu motherborad and ALL INTERGRATED SYSTEMS ARE WEAK

your clearly showing the whole earth how ignorent you are chips being closer together IMPROVES PERFORMANCE im not going to go into it aint in the mood but boy U DUMB

This doesn't have much to do with this thread but please work on your grammer, I may not be the best at grammer but reading that gave me flashbacks of Barkis.

#38 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

So many sweeping statements. Actually Roque Squadron on the gamecube was a launch game and was the most impressive gamecube or wii game there was. Some consoles are very easy to develop for and you can get good results quickly. You can buy a cheap pc graphics card that is feature packed but has terrible performance they cost like £20. There seems to be some confusion between gpu features and its actual performance.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Zombi U looks good but it doesn't look that good. It doesn't match the best that is available on PS3 or 360 and we have no evidence yet that the wii u can do huge open world games like Skyrim or Fallout 3. From what I've seen of Zombi U so far there is no indication that you can freely travel anywhere and walk to the horizon like something like Skyrim. It looks quite limited.

#39 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

So many sweeping statements. Actually Roque Squadron on the gamecube was a launch game and was the most impressive gamecube or wii game there was. Some consoles are very easy to develop for and you can get good results quickly. You can buy a cheap pc graphics card that is feature packed but has terrible performance they cost like £20. There seems to be some confusion between gpu features and its actual performance.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Zombi U looks good but it doesn't look that good. It doesn't match the best that is available on PS3 or 360 and we have no evidence yet that the wii u can do huge open world games like Skyrim or Fallout 3. From what I've seen of Zombi U so far there is no indication that you can freely travel anywhere and walk to the horizon like something like Skyrim. It looks quite limited.

Rogue squadron was not only built from the ground up for gcn, it was not using available engines or libraries. It was coding down to the hardware that made it so great.

Contrast that with the fact that no third party wii u games we have seen have been coded specifically and exclusively for the wii u - including exclusively available games such as rayman (originally planned for other consoles because it started life on them...) and zombie u (a rushed title that has literally only existed as a zombie game for a year plus. It was a completely different game before than and it was based on code for another platform. Basically, it's surprising that it looks so good, because after all it's been through, it should look like the worst game out there.

Also, zombie u isn't an open world game. Neither is re or gears, etc. so your point is invalid. If a games is designed to be an area game and not open world, then it doesn't make sense to knock it for not allowing you to walk to the horizon... No one complained about gears or resident evil on other systems or silent hill, etc. this is in the survival horror genre which usually doesn't use an open world style. Moving on...

A game being exclusive doesn't mean it was natively coded from the ground up (although that should have been the case, ie: uncharted for ps3 or gears for 360.).

The launch window is full of ports, hurried productions, and nintendos graphically unambitious titles.

The hardware itself is leaving a lot of untapped performance with these.

Just like the 360 and ps3 launches with games that looked like GameCube games.

No different now.

But the hardware can muscle code that is at the limits of 360/ps3 peak performance and do it as a warm up. Without breaking a sweat.

Fallout 3 was a big open world with bad graphics that crashed my 360 many times. Apparently the 360 can't handle it. That game or (also plagued with performance issues on 360) would be child's play to run on wii u.

Some People are seriously underestimating the reality of wii us hardware facts. This happened with 360 as well. It's all about what the system is asked to do. Right now it's being asked to run code for other platforms and display assets that fit the performance envelope of those platforms.

The wii u is a beast, handles even code for other systems with aplomb, and will only look amazingly better and better as we see developers utilize the hardware the way it was designed. It's packing some serious horsepower.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 September 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

And then their is rouge squadron 3 which made the launch game look like a terd....

Particularly since it had the ENTIRE launch game playable in split screen, with improved graphics, and all the conspicuously missing effects from the original rouge squadron fixed.

Whelp, there goes another excuse.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!